CSI: Cyber

KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
Forum Member
Hopefully no UK channel will EVER acquire this. This is one of the worst TV shows ever produced and it may permanently damage US/UK relations to unleash this on The Great British Public.

EDIT - Whoops. Channel 5 got it. Morons!

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/oct/14/channel-5-ncis-new-orleans-csi-cyber-viacom-programming-budget

Comments

• JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That good eh ? :)

I've always got a soft spot for the CSI franchise, so i'm certainly going to give it a look at some point.
  • OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,509
    Forum Member
    Kromm wrote: »
    Hopefully no UK channel will EVER acquire this. This is one of the worst TV shows ever produced and it may permanently damage US/UK relations to unleash this on The Great British Public.

EDIT - Whoops. Channel 5 got it. Morons!

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/oct/14/channel-5-ncis-new-orleans-csi-cyber-viacom-programming-budget

I'm not even slightly interested in the premise of this show, so won't be watching despite being a long term fan of the other CSI shows.
  • KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member

I've always got a soft spot for the CSI franchise, so i'm certainly going to give it a look at some point.

Take how bad you THINK it could be and multiply that by 100.
  • Alan58Alan58 Posts: 1,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You mean it is even worse than NCIS New Orleans?
    It must be truly terrible if so!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to have to watch episode one at least tonight now :)
  • Sansa_SnowSansa_Snow Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kromm what is bad about it? I saw the intro episode to it on CSI Vegas and thought it dreadful, cheesy and unrealistic so that's what I imagine but I will give it a go anyway.
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,695
    Forum Member
    Just like every other TV show I'll watch it and make my own mind up, thanks :)
  • ChocolateCheeseChocolateCheese Posts: 3,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Me too, in fact so much so I have been dying to make my own film based on the franchise for ages but my plans keep falling apart big time. :(
  • Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I think the CSI franchise is on its last legs.
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The show is atrocious.

I watched the first episode and it was awful but I thought that I would give it another chance. I started watching the 2nd episode and gave up half way through.

I'll stick with original CSI.
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sansa_Snow wrote: »
    Kromm what is bad about it? I saw the intro episode to it on CSI Vegas and thought it dreadful, cheesy and unrealistic so that's what I imagine but I will give it a go anyway.

The first episode is a story of a criminal hacking baby monitors of all things so they can kidnap the child and sell them on the black market.

Then there is the dialogue that Patricia Arquette is forced to deliver which is excruciating to watch.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hamlet77 wrote: »
    Well I think the CSI franchise is on its last legs.

I think the fact that no decision has been made on Vegas yet is quite telling. Ted Danson has even accepted a role in the second season of Fargo as well, so it's certainly possible he's had an indication that it won't be renewed.
  • Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the fact that no decision has been made on Vegas yet is quite telling. Ted Danson has even accepted a role in the second season of Fargo as well, so it's certainly possible he's had an indication that it won't be renewed.

Well when I mentioned about Ted Danson elsewhere, being an indicator of CSI continuing it got a bit ignored, so I wasn't going to bring that up.
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    re: ep3 - for fun, count how many times they say ZoGo :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bring back Grissom!
    Forum Member
    Sansa_Snow wrote: »

It's just a nightmarish melange of cliches, bad acting (yes, even from the recent Oscar winner), the kind of understand of technology a 2 year old might have, and a constant total disregard of logic, good storytelling, physics, and even common sense, at all times.

It's insulting to the intelligence of the viewers in every way possible.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kromm wrote: »
    It's just a nightmarish melange of cliches, bad acting (yes, even from the recent Oscar winner), the kind of understand of technology a 2 year old might have, and a constant total disregard of logic, good storytelling, physics, and even common sense, at all times.

It's insulting to the intelligence of the viewers in every way possible.

Crikey :o
  • LMLM Posts: 63,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched a few episodes.

Not bad. Has the typical cliches and predictability you expect from a crime drama. But is it the type of show i am willing to want to watch each week, likely not. It's the type of show I watch late at night when I am flicking through the channels for something to watch. I am not normally engrossed in what is happening, i am just watching it to pass time and help me sleep.

So for that reason, it's a pass for me.
  • Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched the first episode, and thought it was pretty poor and wasn't something that I'd want to watch every week. I haven't seen any others since.
  • LazySusanLazySusan Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    Has this started in the UK then, I haven't seen it advertised? If so when is it on?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LazySusan wrote: »
    Has this started in the UK then, I haven't seen it advertised? If so when is it on?

No sign yet. Knowing Channel 5, we'll get it in 2018 ;)
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LazySusan wrote: »

Summer 2015.
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,695
    Forum Member
    So anytime now then. Yeah, right. Won't be until at least August now.
  • gamersxchangegamersxchange Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    Was November 2014 that C5 press release gave mention of the acquiring of said show from CBS , yet they've done a POI and are shuffling instead of being steadfast with airing these inital 13 episodes,

I hate to say it but C5 was so much better before Viacom & Desmond! - we had dogless prison break , 30 Rock , Californication & Home & Away was going great guns what with the Kim Hyde storylines (he later appeared in a little known film called Thor)
    Forum Member
    Was November 2014 that C5 press release gave mention of the acquiring of said show from CBS , yet they've done a POI and are shuffling instead of being steadfast with airing these inital 13 episodes,

I hate to say it but C5 was so much better before Viacom & Desmond! - we had dogless prison break , 30 Rock , Californication & Home & Away was going great guns what with the Kim Hyde storylines (he later appeared in a little known film called Thor)

It's no big loss. CSI Cyber is one of the worst programmes ever made, anywhere, to be show on TV.