Options

The Saturdays announce new album!

13»

Comments

• Options
    Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It'll flop like the rest of their albums. They've had one hit album havent you?
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Well the trouble with the Saturdays now is they have all got knocked up and have children Now they are just lazy and don't do any promotion preferring family life to fans.:mad:

Only three of them have kids and of course family life would be a priority for a while. The problem isn't them, it's their management. I've been saying that for ages.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    Mr_Eye wrote: »
    It'll flop like the rest of their albums. They've had one hit album havent you?

Again, not every artist can be both an album & single artists. The Sats have had much more success with singles which makes sense why they release a few singles before the album actually drops.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jevito416 wrote: »
    Again, not every artist can be both an album & single artists. The Sats have had much more success with singles which makes sense why they release a few singles before the album actually drops.

Exactly. Look at Rihanna. I don't think her albums sell that well (or do they?) but she manages to sell singles. The Saturdays are kinda similar in that sense.
  • Options
    AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah it does make sense to release as many singles as they can get away with before the album drops, that way they can make their money back through singles and still put the album out for fans that want it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    AdzPower wrote: »
    Yeah it does make sense to release as many singles as they can get away with before the album drops, that way they can make their money back through singles and still put the album out for fans that want it.

I'd say it'll be mostly the fans who buy the new album anyway. I said before that they should release a CD of all their previous singles (possibly excluding the ones on the new album - so that would be every single from If This Is Love to 30 Days and maybe a couple of old album tracks) and sell it alongside the new album for the benefit of new fans who aren't too familiar with their older stuff and also for the benefit of casual listeners. I wonder would that increase sales of the new album?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 350
    Forum Member
    I'd say it'll be mostly the fans who buy the new album anyway. I said before that they should release a CD of all their previous singles (possibly excluding the ones on the new album - so that would be every single from If This Is Love to 30 Days and maybe a couple of old album tracks) and sell it alongside the new album for the benefit of new fans who aren't too familiar with their older stuff and also for the benefit of casual listeners. I wonder would that increase sales of the new album?
    No, and it would also ruin all their plans for the inevitable hits album. I will actually be very surprised if the next album isn't a hits album.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,204
    Forum Member
    I love Disco Love! :):)
    "You take me back in time to 1999, we hear the DJ playing Hit Me Baby One More Time!"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    The one track on the album I'm looking forward to hearing is Not Giving Up as it featured on Chasing The Saturdays and sounded awesome