Jimmy Saville to be revealed as a paedophile?

Comments

• Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This blokey has been investigating for a year hasn't he?
    We don't know who was questioned in the 2007 investigation and what they said, the Police investigation was dropped due to insufficient evidence wasn't it?
    Might have been insufficient in the view of the CPS to bring a prosecution, that's a judgement call though isn't?
    Probably also a judgement call on the part of the Police as to how long and far to keep digging.

Yes just over a year i think.

Its all a judgement call i guess but i would have thought people might have come forward to get their evidence heard,

Would have thought the police would have kept digging had they had any decent info but yes its all judgement by the sound of it.
  • jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    But your response makes no sense, the accusser alledges on her very first encounter she was groped...no grooming was involved.

It still leaves the question why she alledgedly chose to repeatedly leap a number of hurdles, get into the studios, get backstage, get alone with Jimmy.
    Savile knew what the law was, but he seemed to prefer younger girls who were under the age of consent (see the 12 year old example going back to the 60s that I posted above), and likely specifically picked these out over other girls who were waiting outside his dressing room (most probably just for autographs), or specifically asked those who looked younger to go to his dressing room. That was his behaviour & decision to choose that, not the girls.
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,938
    Forum Member
    These girls weren't 'groupies', he allegedly purposefully went to care homes, hospitals etc in order to sexually abuse.

Clearly whoever said that has not read 'Val's' allegations, who alledges she first met him at the TOTP studios and alledgedly repeatedly returned to be groped, eventually leading to sex.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jzee wrote: »
    Savile knew what the law was, but he seemed to prefer younger girls who were under the age of consent (see the 12 year old example going back to the 60s that I posted above), and likely specifically picked these out over other girls who were waiting outside his dressing room (most probably just for autographs), or specifically asked those who looked younger to go to his dressing room. That was his behaviour & decision to choose that, not the girls.

Guilty as charged then without a trial the justice system on D/S is to be admired.
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the_phoo wrote: »
    I have an account from somebody saved on my laptop, sent to me a number of years ago describing how JS used to habitually have sex with a severely disbaled girl at one of the care homes he used to visit.

Obviously this is alleged but say if it were true - this girl's story is never going to get told. And to go a bit further, if the story is true - she is unlikely to be the only girl who he did that to. It could be the tip of the iceberg. But like I said - the person who gave me the account had no agenda, but at this point it is one person's statement so let's leave the cliches at the door. I'm just offering a different angle.

That's very similar to the story I heard phoo. Perhaps the same one. But it's standard MO for abusers isn't it? Pick on the vulnerable and the ones who can't answer back.

Like the person that told you that story, the one who told me had no agenda either.
  • the_phoothe_phoo Posts: 2,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johnny_t wrote: »

As to your other point about whether they would be believed, I think people would have been queuing up to believe it, to be honest...

I think that's a little idealistic to be honest.

Maybe if their story had reached the wider media straight away people would have been split on whether they believed it (look at us on here, noone is "queuing up" to believe them) but in order to get their story out there in the first place it would have meant speaking to social workers, care workers, police and then facing the possibility of going to court.

That's a lot for one child to do when they have little or no support network and not to mention the fact that they faced the possibility of eradicating any support network they did have when they spoke out about the abuse.
  • benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His own friend Wilfred De'Ath, a BBC Producer says he saw him having dinner with, and then in bed with a 12 year old way back in the 1960s who he had picked up from Top of the Pops, this is not just 15 year olds.

No excuse? You obviously have no knowledge about abuse or people who have been abused.

Are you some sort of forum police who passes judgment on who you see fit to comment on this story, and only those who have poured out their bleeding heart about being abused have any right to an opinion. I am sure many posters on here, abused or otherwise have very valid opinions. We do not always find the need to personalise our posts, tho some do and hats off to them. You clearly have problems with JS and this expose, however it is reasonable that perhaps you might be challenged.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johnny_t wrote: »
    Yes - You kind of missed my point. What I was saying was that that would be at the very bad end of the spectrum, and that is nothing like what he is being accused of, but to the public it is all the same thing.

As to your other point about whether they would be believed, I think people would have been queuing up to believe it, to be honest...

They weren't 'groupies' running after him, they were taken on trips in his car to various places.

Believe a child from a children's home over a fully grown man who was a household name at the time?

Riiiiight. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guilty as charged then without a trial the justice system on D/S is to be admired.
    So you ask for evidence, then when posters give other people's testimony, you say it's a kangaroo court? Rather pathetic really.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So you ask for evidence, then when posters give other people's testimony, you say it's a kangaroo court? Rather pathetic really.

No i disagree personal opinion only but unsubstantiated evidence is all thats been posted as far as i can see so i challenge that just why is that pathetic?

From Paul Gambaccini to Ester Rantzen we seem to have a man that was abusing all over the place at the bbc they all kept quite, but no hard evidence has come to light if evidence comes to light that proves me wrong i am quite happy to accept it as fact.
  • lozengerlozenger Posts: 4,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As said before, all interesting opinions on here - particularly from Duncroft Girl (I hope that she is genuine but who knows if any of us are on here..!)

I will be watching on Wednesday and will form an opinion then.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    Clearly whoever said that has not read 'Val's' allegations, who alledges she first met him at the TOTP studios and alledgedly repeatedly returned to be groped, eventually leading to sex.

Can you give a link to that please?

She was one among many allegedly, but makes no difference who went to who.She was a child, he was an adult and therefore the responsible party.
  • NosnikraplNosnikrapl Posts: 2,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They weren't 'groupies' running after him, they were taken on trips in his car to various places.

Believe a child from a children's home over a fully grown man who was a household name at the time?

Riiiiight. :rolleyes:

Please read all the allegations rather than being sarky & rolling eyes. Discussions are taking place across the spectrum of allegations,
    Nosnikrapl wrote: »
    There seems to be a spectrum of allegations here:-
    - perve going around groping young girls/women
    - (above) akin to groupies seeking out their idol. He was a DJ on TOTP working alongside rock/pop stars of that era.
    - predatory going into care homes seeking out under-age girls to abuse in collaboration with those in charge.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A bit off topic really but to any older members who remember the younger JS. What on Earth made women/girls fawn over him, I mean from what I can gather he was never overly pleasing on the eye?
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,938
    Forum Member

If you are referring to the Wilfred D'Ath allegation, it is speculation and assumption on his part.

I was reminded today that the 'Twiggy' look among females was the rage at the time, so the waif look was all the age.

Where is your evidence there were queues of girls outside his dressing room?
  • Kay2000Kay2000 Posts: 3,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A bit off topic really but to any older members who remember the younger JS. What on Earth made women/girls fawn over him, I mean from what I can gather he was never overly pleasing on the eye?

Did nothing for me personally
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Bling, fame, money, to name but three much the same as now in fact.

There are lots of celebs that are not too pleasing on the eye that pull in the dollies not strictly a celeb Bernie Eccleston(F1 cheif) is in his 80s i believe none too good looking but finds partners less then half his age,the question is what do they see in the mutimillionaire Mr Eccleston.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No i disagree personal opinion only but unsubstantiated evidence is all thats been posted as far as i can see so i challenge that just why is that pathetic?

From Paul Gambaccini to Ester Rantzen we seem to have a man that was abusing all over the place at the bbc they all kept quite, but no hard evidence has come to light if evidence comes to light that proves me wrong i am quite happy to accept it as fact.
    The problem is there rarely is any hard evidence or witnesses by reputable people in historical abuse cases. The best can be hoped for is to prove a pattern of behaviour, and with all these new people coming forward there is a lot more possibility of doing that, and possibly bringing a class action civil case against the state who presumably had responsibility for the children's home, and the BBC if it can be shown many BBC employees knew or suspected he was breaking the law at the time but didn't do anything about it, or worse, they did, and the managers or executives ignored it or covered it up.
    To be fair, there were apparently some women who have said they went to his dressing room after TOTP, Savile may well have asked the younger looking ones to go there, or asked them to come in if they were waiting for autographs etc. so he still likely made a choice to choose underage girls.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I know, I made this point early on in the thread when we were discussing (as has cropped up again) the fact that other stars were known to have slept with underage girls and boys but hadn't been labelled as paedophiles.

I asked the question that if Jimmy Savile had looked like James Dean would he be on the end of this right now? Some posters gave some really intelligent answers but I can't remember them now as it was so long ago :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

To be fair, there were apparently some women who have said they went to his dressing room after TOTP, Savile may well have asked the younger looking ones to go there, or asked them to come in if they were waiting for autographs etc. so he still likely made a choice to choose underage girls.

But he was still the adult, and they were children, they can't be blamed simply for turning up at his door.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Without wanting to sound horrible. I actually want it to be true, not because I wanted people to be raped. I want to think that no one would be that evil to lie and bad mouth a deceased, innocent man. Why would anyone do that, especially one whom undeniably did a lot of good in his life. That would be totally twisted.
  • quasimoronquasimoron Posts: 20,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His comments about Gary Glitter were unbelievable.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Without wanting to sound horrible. I actually want it to be true, not because I wanted people to be raped. I want to think that no one would be that evil to lie and bad mouth a deceased, innocent man. Why would anyone do that, especially one whom undeniably did a lot of good in his life. That would be totally twisted.

He was.
    I was offered a contract to work on a radio programme presented by Savile, but after meeting himand hearing him boast of having 'had' four 14 year old girls in his trailer that morning, I declined it. When I challenged him, his defence was that it kept him young and that the 'man upstairs' allowed him these discretions, in return for his 'good works'.

Many years later I was having lunch with a friend, in a cafe in Scarborough. He came and, uninvited, sat at our table and introduced himself. I told him I didn't 'sup' with paedophiles and would he kindly f*ck off.

Why didn't I report him to the police? Because like most other people the only 'evidence' I had were his own boasts and hearsay, which in legal definition was no evidence.

http://www.fleetstreetfox.com/2012/1...y-obvious.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well he did more good in his life than bad according to his niece...

Why would people lie? Seriously? I'm not being facetious, but I can't imagine anyone actively wanting to be linked with him - I mean you yourself said he was no looker - so what's in it for these women? They're not exactly going to get loads of money, they're not going to get famous, I can't understand why people really think these women are all creeping out of the woodwork and lying about something like this, why would they?
  • benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And as I posted, yes I think there was some innapropriate relationships formed. This all, allegedly happened in the 70s when he was famous, but every moment of every day people form innapropriate relationships. The lass who ran away with her teacher for example. I could write about my innapropriate relationships, which in hindsight I regret.
    I am not defending JS, I am defending his right to be judged on an even playing field. All these people who have crept out of the woodwork today who did nothing, said nothing, who are holding their heads.....spouting the "well I suspected" are to be utterly condemmed.
This discussion has been closed.