✭✭✭
    cc.cookie wrote: »

""""""""""""""
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hod wrote: »
    New SPOILER pic on docmartinseries6.blogspot.com!

Not sure if it's been seen before, but I've not come across it!

Wow! I've seen a lot of spoiler photos, but few can touch that one! :D:D:D

Thank you, Hod!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blue-Eyes wrote: »
    Many months ago I asked those of you who have a faith to remember Our Little Millie in your prayers. She is the great-grand-daughter of my first cousin, after whom I am named.

Millie was a perfectly able 18 months old toddler when she was struck down by an unknown auto immune disease.Some very long, dark days and months followed with many crises.

However, Millie is now mid-way through a residential ( with Mummy ), rehabilitation programme. Her meds have been significantly reduced; her NG tube removed; she is much more alert and can take her own body weight ( stand ) for brief periods.

I wish I could post her pic...suspect Millie may well learn how to do this herself before I master the technology...

Thank you to everyone who remembers Millie - please God she will turn three in October - please continue to remember her and all on Team Millie in your prayers.

Wonderful news.
  • Options
    ConniejConniej Posts: 972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eileen0103 wrote: »
    When she gave these "interviews" to the papers, her career was declining his was accelerating. She had a revenge instinct. He most likely had a financial settlement in the divorce. All she did was stir ill will and cannot redeem herself by speaking her version of events. Old News and not relevant. The papers love to look for stories that aren't.

I agree that when they divorced he must have been making much more money than her. Most likely a divorce settlement payment to her if that's how it works in the UK. I'm not really familiar with the laws there.

I was just confused about the suggestion that he paid her in relation to the story she sold to the papers. It didn't make sense to me and my interpretation of MC's comment in the article quoted and other comments he's made over the years about the subject.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    StrikeBack Redux

Total screen time for MC: about 5 minutes. Some good world-weary lines in a show that does not celebrate dialogue. Panama hat makes him look for some reason five years older. - that, and the fact that he refers to himself as an "old man." Dies, unexpectedly as expected, with a couple of shots to the chest - and he's referred to subsequently as dead. RIP: my Cinemax subscription, unless someone has intelligence that MC rises like Lazarus. :confused:

Well, on Daybreak MC said the Strike Back people told him it isn't impossible. Two shots to the chest don't necessarily mean he's dead, at least on this show.

But he's done for this season anyway and, like you, that's a buh-buh to Cinemax for now.

Oh, by the way, you're right about his lines. Probably the longest string of sentences in the whole of this awful show from the beginning 'til now. I really enjoyed his delivery. The man is truly talented.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MC weight loss might be explained partly by the fact that he's getting close to the age that his father was when he died. The article below from 2004 says he gave up smoking when Emily arrived but put on weight as a result. In 2004 he had a personal trainer and lost weight. Obviously he has had a battle with weight since but seems to have been really successful this time, maybe with the added incentive of his age. Let's hope it's a permanent change for his sake. Not that he's not attractive a little chubby but it is probably better for his health. :)

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Culture%3A+He's+still+behaving+badly%3B+Affable+Martin+Clunes+had+to...-a0121485889

Thanks for that link. I've read this interview before but not lately, and it's one of my favorites. He's so funny; one funny line after another. "I have a big Swiss ball." :D
  • Options
    Shop GirlShop Girl Posts: 1,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So glad we have this new option. I watched Dirty Tricks last night and enjoyed the heck out of it again. Last time I saw it was about a year ago and I had forgotten just how funny MC was in the movie. Great performance! And a couple things I noticed. Penhale's brother (also real life brother) played a big role (South American "heavy"). And it was directed by Paul Seed who directed twice in S5 and is directing at least one episode of S6.

I just did a search in DS around this time last year and found that Netflix did not get S5 streaming until the beginning of September! Thank the heavens for Acorn! :D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, I just watched the trailer for the new season, and at the end it shows the Doc standing in the back of the church with this....look on his face. Many think he looks sad, I personally think he looks like he's getting emotional. Which gave me the idea that maybe, instead of someone giving Louisa away and walking her up the aisle, what if he stands at the back, she walks in from the side and they walk up the aisle together? And what if the look on his face is from seeing her in her wedding dress?
    I've heard a few people say he looks sad too, but to me at first he looks a little frightened or panicked (which makes sense; I bet he's freaking out) but you can see a change in his face when he suddenly stops. I feel pretty sure he's just spotted Louisa in her wedding dress. I agree with you; he's overwhelmed at the sight of her and is getting emotional. I like your idea about the two of them walking down the aisle together.

I do hope we get to see at least some of the ceremony. I've been trying to decide what I'll wear to the wedding. ;) I'll have my hankie handy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Biffpup wrote: »
    Thanks for that link. I've read this interview before but not lately, and it's one of my favorites. He's so funny; one funny line after another. "I have a big Swiss ball." :D

Reading that link again made me curious about the contaminated water referenced there. The news reports I found said it happened in Camelford and the water was contaminated from Camelford to Port Isaac. This must be what Aunt Joan was talking about in that episode:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camelford_water_pollution_incident
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've heard a few people say he looks sad too, but to me at first he looks a little frightened or panicked (which makes sense; I bet he's freaking out) but you can see a change in his face when he suddenly stops. I feel pretty sure he's just spotted Louisa in her wedding dress. I agree with you; he's overwhelmed at the sight of her and is getting emotional. I like your idea about the two of them walking down the aisle together.

I do hope we get to see at least some of the ceremony. I've been trying to decide what I'll wear to the wedding. ;) I'll have my hankie handy.
    I think the picture we just saw confirms that we will see at least part of the ceremony. And I compared that picture to online pics of the interior of the Altarnun church. Looks like this time they used the same church for the exterior and interior filming. Seems so much easier that way!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    Connie, as usual, I like the way you think. ;)

Oh, and if I haven't told you lately, I want to be you when I grow up. :p

Ditto and I second the motion, largeincharge! :):rolleyes::)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    I

I will do the same thing too, Biffup. You nailed my exact sentiments on how I will end up watching this upcoming scene...the anticipation bar is up on this side of the pond...can't wait any longer... :)
  • Options
    ConniejConniej Posts: 972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So funny!!:D:D
  • Options
    MofromcoMofromco Posts: 1,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I plan on wearing my fanciest flip flops and actually putting earrings on.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    Watch out! Don't go crazy, now! :p I may have to watch that episode sans husband because I don't want to be made fun of while I sit crying like a baby.
    Mofromco wrote: »
  • Options
    Eileen0103Eileen0103 Posts: 84
    Forum Member

This was my best laugh of the day! Thank You.
  • Options
    lemsterlemster Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    I guess it's Y fronts for the men then.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Conniej wrote: »
    I thought that the 'money changed hands' refers to her being paid by the newspaper for the story. Why would MC pay her? The 'damage' was already done, twice.

Max Clifford is probably the highest-profile publicist in the UK.

By engaging his services MC's first wife was able, once again, to reveal intimate details of their marriage to the press and, once again, receive financial recompense from MC.

Obviously the success of Doc Martin encouraged both Lucy & Mr Clifford to think it was worthwhile financially to squeeze MC's pockets once more.

Interestingly, Lucy previously played in a long-running series alongside Stephanie Cole, who played Auntie Joan in DM. Stephanie Cole, speaking off-set on DM said of MC ' He's one of our finest ( actors ) '. No sour grapes there then.

Let's hope this is the end of the matter.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wonderful news.

Yes indeed. Thank you
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    """"""""""""""

I know, exciting, huh?
    :D:D:D
  • Options
    SusieSagitariusSusieSagitarius Posts: 1,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally Posted by cc.cookie :
    Yes it did sound like a rotten marriage!

I think this is why she wrote the first articles about her life with Martin:

In 1997:
    Martin has given his own explanation of why the marriage failed. "We had a problem enjoying each other but now I can enjoy Lucy again. We are friends and can appreciate each other."
    Not any more. Last summer they fell out after a row over the divorce settlement and haven't spoken since. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...ing-badly.html

Then he described the marriage as rotten and compared it to a horror movie.Because of this in 2008 she re-released all the info about their marriage because she didn't want him saying their marriage was horrible and he paid her off:

In 2011 he said:
    The only other potential source of sadness in an otherwise enviably happy life appears to be the spat with his ex-wife. “I think she read something that I’d said in an interview,” he says, his elastic features momentary downcast. “It’s just a regrettable thing and Max Clifford is always involved in these things. So money changes hands. Whatever.” He laughs unhappily. Are you friends now, I ask. “No, well, I don’t know where she lives. I’m sure Clifford could tell me but…”

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned...

Let's hope that's the end to it. It would appear pure spite if she dredged it up again.
    Originally Posted by NewPark :
    Wait -- he paid her off, to prevent another vindictive outpouring? She must have been a joy to be with. Glad they had no children together.
    Conniej wrote: »
    I thought that the 'money changed hands' refers to her being paid by the newspaper for the story. Why would MC pay her? The 'damage' was already done, twice.

Yes, Connie, I'd always read it meaning Lucy sold the story, probably either needing money or being somewhat vindictive in the process. Not very classy behavior. Haven't ever seen tell-all reports from MC about the marriage. But then I guess he didn't need the money or publicity or just took the high road.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just rewatched S4E2 on KCET yesterday, a wonderful episode written and directed by Ben Bolt. I noticed something new regarding the Doc/Louisa scene in her classroom. It's clear to me now how the end of the scene was shot to be ambiguous. We've had discussion here as to whether, when he reached out, he was intending to touch her stomach or shake her hand. One camera focused on him catches his arm reaching toward her with palm down (as if to touch her tummy), and the other camera focused on her captures his hand with the inside of his wrist up, extended for what turns into a sad handshake. Very clever!

You have just redefined "close scrutiny." :cool:
  • Options
    MofromcoMofromco Posts: 1,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, Connie, I'd always read it meaning Lucy sold the story, probably either needing money or being somewhat vindictive in the process. Not very classy behavior. Haven't ever seen tell-all reports from MC about the marriage. But then I guess he didn't need the money or publicity or just took the high road.

I love love love MC but I am old and wise enough to realize there are two sides of every story. However, everything that I have seen or heard said from reliable sources doesn't add up. He used coke, smoked pot, dropped acid maybe shot up heroin and drank and partied hearty. Most of us had our days. What I see, though is a man who is smart, hardworking and charming. There is something wrong with this picture. Sometimes when you read what somebody says you glean a "gestalt" regarding the tone of what they say? I'm sorry...some of the stuff she talked about made me think she was "losing it". Infertility treatments, lifestyle changes, smacked of desperation. I tried to give her the benefit of the doubt but her behavior has made it difficult to take her seriously.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just rewatched S4E2 on KCET yesterday, a wonderful episode written and directed by Ben Bolt. I noticed something new regarding the Doc/Louisa scene in her classroom. It's clear to me now how the end of the scene was shot to be ambiguous. We've had discussion here as to whether, when he reached out, he was intending to touch her stomach or shake her hand. One camera focused on him catches his arm reaching toward her with palm down (as if to touch her tummy), and the other camera focused on her captures his hand with the inside of his wrist up, extended for what turns into a sad handshake. Very clever!

I wrote that very dichotomy into one of my stories. Do not recall which one at the moment. Brilliant writing and acting.

Rob
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lemster wrote: »
    I guess it's Y fronts for the men then.

Ok, lemster, I now already need the hankie for the tears coming out of my eyes due to my biggest laugh of the day!

Good one, and thanks. But Mofromco, she couldn't have done it without you!:)
This discussion has been closed.