Options

Undeniable - ITV.

Comments

• Options
    Eittol96Eittol96 Posts: 670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    loopilou wrote: »
    Did anyone notice he called his daughter the morning before going to the station because he had something to tell her I wonder what that was?
    I think it was to tell her about the incidence in the car. He certainly took the time to investigate his accuser on the web before going to his interview.
  • Options
    holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You know that she is going to be right about him all along despite all the knockbacks etc etc. It's still well done but it would be interesting and more courageous to explore how traumatised people can sometimes make unfounded allegations as a way of dealing with their own demons.
  • Options
    jimbo1962jimbo1962 Posts: 2,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pretty good, I ll catch the second part.
  • Options
    clara28clara28 Posts: 1,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like these ITV 'thrillers', they're usually all quite similar and the hooey factor is often quite high but I find they're just the ticket on a Monday evening.

I notice it was filmed in Ireland, recognised Enniskerry as the village.
  • Options
    WayfarersWayfarers Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    I'm a gonna go with the daughter killing her mum theory.
  • Options
    ChrissieAOChrissieAO Posts: 5,143
    Forum Member
    Wayfarers wrote: »
    I'm a gonna go with the daughter killing her mum theory.

She would have had to have rendered her unconscious with the first blow and I can't see a 7 year old having the strength, especially a little girl.
    Great programme though and am looking forward to seeing how it all pans out....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it will turn out that she killed her own mother, that's a bit Nordic Noir for Monday night ITV!

It might be that Harry from Spook's wife (am I right in saying his current wife isn't the mother of his lawyer daughter?) killed the mum after discovering they were having an affair, Harry from Spooks then covered it up. Perhaps. I am generally useless at figuring these things out.
  • Options
    loopilouloopilou Posts: 711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I honestly think it's gonna be him
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe his first wife died in suspicious circumstances, his daughter did give him a look a few times that made me think her utter faith in him was wavering.
  • Options
    TrishaSTrishaS Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    loopilou wrote: »
    I honestly think it's gonna be him

Same here, in fact I don't understand the idea of the daughter killing her mother at all :(
  • Options
    Kay_PriceKay_Price Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed this, but I think it's too hard to call who it was :p I want to say it WAS the doctor, but then I keep telling myself that it'll be too obvious and there'll most likely be a twist.

But then again, with A Mother's Son, I thought it was too obvious to be the lad it turned out to be, even though the name of the drama was a dead giveaway :blush:

Can't wait until next week. (Her husband is a bit of alright, does anyone else think ;-) )
  • Options
    Kaz159Kaz159 Posts: 11,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kay_Price wrote: »
    I really enjoyed this, but I think it's too hard to call who it was :p I want to say it WAS the doctor, but then I keep telling myself that it'll be too obvious and there'll most likely be a twist.

But then again, with A Mother's Son, I thought it was too obvious to be the lad it turned out to be, even though the name of the drama was a dead giveaway :blush:

Can't wait until next week. (Her husband is a bit of alright, does anyone else think ;-) )

Me neither and he is isn't he? :kitty:
  • Options
    Mark39LondonMark39London Posts: 3,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The good thing about it so far is that it could have been her father, her, the doctor or his first wife. I doubt that they would introduce a new suspect in the final instalment.

They've also picked a strong set of actors, although I'm biased slightly as I like all of them.
  • Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,633
    Forum Member
    I was going along with this fine until the police detective called her to say they would have the blood test result by the "End of play". First, would a police officer use that language to a victim but much more importantly the phrase, as any follower of cricker knows, is "Close of play"?
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    topdog2006 wrote: »
    My theory is a bit out the box, but bear with me: could Jane have killed her mother?..........

I have a theory that there are two types of flashback : story-telling and character-account. The latter is a visualization of what a character is relating. Because a character can lie, so can the flashback.

The flashback at the start was, if I remember correctly, simply a telling of the story, and hence had to be truthful.
    China Girl wrote: »
    Perhaps the doctor has a twin brother he doesn't know about
    adopted at birth?

He'd have the same DNA, I believe.

The good thing about it so far is that it could have been her father, her, the doctor or his first wife. I doubt that they would introduce a new suspect in the final instalment................

Why, other than storytelling convention, does it have to be a member of the cast list?

Anyway, you forgot her father's first wife, and the second wives of both the old men.

At the moment a case could be made against any of them. All the writer has to do is pick one of them, and produce a document, or other evidence, to prove it at the last minute.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gomezz wrote: »
    I was going along with this fine until the police detective called her to say they would have the blood test result by the "End of play". First, would a police officer use that language to a victim but much more importantly the phrase, as any follower of cricker knows, is "Close of play"?

Maybe they don't follow cricket. I have heard the phrase 'end of play' used before, usually in a business context.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the fact that he refused a blood test to begin with would give him time to fix one(if that can be done) Also given the time lapse then a simple swab would not have been enough to provide a good sample! ( maybe)
  • Options
    Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    fickrick wrote: »
    the fact that he refused a blood test to begin with would give him time to fix one(if that can be done) Also given the time lapse then a simple swab would not have been enough to provide a good sample! ( maybe)

It can be done. I've seen it on Murder Detectives (great show Channel 5 used too show) and I think he was a Doctor aswell!
  • Options
    Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nomad2king wrote: »
    The person was a man and knew her, he said "hello, Anne" and knew she would be there at that location. The person was also wearing a wedding ring.

I'm going with the Father at the moment, maybe something unsavoury occurred in the marriage and he wanted to get rid of her. Perhaps the father didn't think his daughter would say anything against him after she saw him with the stone in his hadn (say it was him). I mean, the daughter she see the actual killing, or did she just turn round and see her mother lying there dead and then next thing she sees is a man walk past her with a rock in hand. I can't remember if she actually saw it happen, but if it was just the immediate moment after, she could well be confused about it (say it was her dad but she didn't want to believe it).

I'm not sure I'd go with the idea that the daughter did it on her own, and has since created an imaginery man to cover up her own guilt. If she was older, like teenage years, I would think it very possible, but she was very so ickle so could she really have killed her mother, a grown woman, at that age. If the story is a freak story (as in a rare ocurrence that succeeded on this random occasion) then ok maybe, but, I'll still go with the mystery man for now.
    willrelf92 wrote: »
    The girl who plays the accused man's daughter/lawyer is fit. Anyone know the actress' name?

Her name's been mentioned, but to add, she was also in Silent Witness, one of the more recent series, and in the one off Anne Lister thingy that Maxine Peake was in. She played the character of Anne Lister's lover i think (Lister played by peake).
  • Options
    EmmersonneEmmersonne Posts: 4,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rewatching (mum catching up on it) and I noted:

1) She DOES look right at him and apologise in the car incident.

2) We see the back of the killer's head, darkish hair, balding at the back, looks male, wearing a wedding ring which is clearly visible in the rock-holding hand.

3) When he says "Hello Anne" it does sound a lot like the Oncologist's voice
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another thought for the "jealous Jane killed her mum" theory.

Why is she SO obsessed with having a baby boy at the same age as her mum? Did she kill her brother?
  • Options
    EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Emmersonne wrote: »
    Another thought for the "jealous Jane killed her mum" theory.

Why is she SO obsessed with having a baby boy at the same age as her mum? Did she kill her brother?

The Mum was pregnant when she died, they were talking about it in the opening scene and the she - as a little girl - was rather miffed to be told that she'd be sharing their special place with the new arrival.

So I don't think she killed her brother as such, but if she killed her pregnant Mum, then yep, she killed the baby too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Espresso wrote: »
    The Mum was pregnant when she died, they were talking about it in the opening scene and the she - as a little girl - was rather miffed to be told that she'd be sharing their special place with the new arrival.

So I don't think she killed her brother as such, but if she killed her pregnant Mum, then yep, she killed the baby too.

Sorry, that's what I meant by killing her brother, killing him whilst he was unborn by killing the mum (so both murders are "on her" so to speak) :)
  • Options
    China GirlChina Girl Posts: 2,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was it explained how she was found/who found her ?
  • Options
    Mark39LondonMark39London Posts: 3,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emmersonne wrote: »
    Rewatching (mum catching up on it) and I noted:

1) She DOES look right at him and apologise in the car incident.

2) We see the back of the killer's head, darkish hair, balding at the back, looks male, wearing a wedding ring which is clearly visible in the rock-holding hand.

3) When he says "Hello Anne" it does sound a lot like the Oncologist's voice

Option 2 could just be as she remembers the events as opposed to what actually happened. Given her state of mind, she could have created the image and as far as she is now concerned, it is fact.