Options

Who should be axed from EE?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Mockney-RebelMockney-Rebel Posts: 204
    Forum Member
    Billy (he's been a waste of space for years)
    Lola
    Tamwar
    Alice
    Joey
    Tyler
    Michael
    Jean
    Mo
    Kirsty
  • Options
    dale0693dale0693 Posts: 1,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kat - I can't see what they'd do with her once her Alfie get back togeather
    Sharon - I hate say Sharon because I enjoyed her 2001 to 2006 stint I was too young to remember her 1985 to 1995 stint but her return was mean't to be a storm but it wasn't her return has been a let down
  • Options
    MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
    Forum Member
    I actually agree with your list OP but with one swap... Get rid of Tamwar instead of Shirley. She'll be fine if she actually has a stroyline of her own (maybe new love interest, sister arrival, return of one of her children?)
  • Options
    Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Judging by the number of threads knocking EE has anyone said the EP herself. Ms Newman. :p
  • Options
    Tom-Bennett.Tom-Bennett. Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How can anyone say Phil Mitchell? Hes the only character there thats keeping me watching the soap atm
  • Options
    funcat650funcat650 Posts: 1,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How can anyone say Phil Mitchell? Hes the only character there thats keeping me watching the soap atm

I hate the character Phil, but Steve McFadden is a brilliant actor that's why I agree he should stay.
  • Options
    salthepalsalthepal Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    Mo
    Jack
    Tyler
    Shirley
    Billy
    Lola
    Ray
    Whitney

I find all the above either embarrassingly bad actors or have embarrassingly bad characters.

Oh - and
    Sharon whose constant wearing of jackets or coats indoors really irritates me!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    Poppy
    Fatboy
    Tyler
    Jack
  • Options
    The Jordan ShowThe Jordan Show Posts: 3,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alice -
    Boring and irrelevant.

Kim -
    With Denise moving towards the Beale family there's no place for her.

Tyler -
    He doesn't really have any role.

Whitney -
    Whitney's story has come to a natural conclusion. She should leave, pregnant, with Tyler.

Masood, Tamwar, AJ, Ayesha -
    There's no point in letting this go on without Zainab.

Lola -
    I really don't think the actress is doing anything special at all. Plus I thnk her and her baby have completely ruined the character of Phil Mitchell. Bring in Courtney Mitchell as somewhat of a replacement.

Ray -
    It's difficult. I like Ray but unless they have some great storyline that will tie him into the Square as a prominent character then I don't see the point.

Fatboy -
    I think Poppy could be a great character but she's brought down by Fatboy in my opinion. I want to see Fatboy leave after Poppy outgrows him by flourishing into a businesswoman and taking over the salon from Tanya. I would also like to see Anthony and Poppy pair up but it's near impossible with Fatboy there.

And unfortunately...

Shirley! -
    Unless they decide to build a Carter family around her (Tina, Zsa Zsa, Carly, Deano) and turn her into the classic EE matriarch that we know she can be then there's really no point.
  • Options
    davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd get rid of most of the cast bar AJ, Sharon, Ian, Mo, Tyler and Shirley. I would then get Heather back (there would be a storyline similar to Den's one where she returns from the dead). Chrissie would then come back after leaving prison on a technicality.
  • Options
    Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The cast needs bulking up not shedding, however there are a lot of characters in the show who I think are holding back more promising characters, it would be interesting to lose some big names while rafts of new families are introduced.

First of all Tanya should not come back, her story with Max has gone round in circles for too long and to be honest she's a weak link in that family, even though Jo Joyner gives such gorgeous performances at her best I think resigning Tanya to the past would begin a new era completely for Max - who has always been the stronger character overall.

Next up would be Jack. Unlike others on this forum I've always liked Jack, but I struggle with his place in the show since Ronnie left. He and Sharon are a classic 'it looked better on paper' pairing, they are quite unsuited, he's actually far too 'together' for Sharon! He's the kind of bloke she should be with in an ideal world, but the chemistry isn't there. I give it six months before she's nicking Joey off Lauren. Jack may fit back in in a few years possibly, but at the moment I don't think he's worth the investment.

Then it would be Alfie and Roxy. Alfie, second only to a dreadful story relaunching the characters, has been a noose around Kat's neck for ten years. She should have returned alone, and none of what has happened since has changed my opinion. Freeing Kat once and for all would continue this brilliant new path she's taken, and ensure the writers aren't tempted to return to their old ways. Roxy meanwhile has been a redundant character since Ronnie left, and furthermore she hasn't been a leading force since the days of Sean. It's nice that we have actors like Rita, and Scott Maslen, who are committed and the characters do have some strong links, but the characters aren't strong enough in any form or character group to warrant keeping them. Also, removing Roxy and Alfie means the Vic is freed up. I badly crave a completely new face manning the pumps, a brand new force of energy to take over. That...or Sharon. Obvs.

Number 41 should be cleared out completely. Zainab was the Masoods, plain and simple. Seeing Masood, Tamwar, AJ and Ayesha muddle along together is like watching an episode of Miranda without Miranda Hart. They are and have always been supporting roles to Zainab's fierce lead, possibly with the exception of Masood but I never felt his independence from Zee really made much impact, I cannot express how much hate I had for that awful Jane affair. Masood should have left with Zainab. With the both of them out of the picture, a Shabnam return may have worked well coming back to what could pass as a shared house, but I have little interest in the characters to invest in them as a unit, I feel they'd be weakened even further actually as the family unit may feel forced. They'd be singled out, and single characters is not something the show is in need of.

Alice, Tyler and Whitney. Alice is the weakest Branning and the family needs breaking down, she's a nice enough character, she may work better if the cast got significantly larger. Tyler and Whitney aren't worth keeping in any instance, Whitney's had her time and Tyler's time never came. He missed it by about ten years.

Billy would have to go also. I've always been a supporter of Billy but the team behind the scenes have had no interest in him for many years now. He is just used as a crutch to bring new members into the Mitchell fold, and provide unwavering, and wholly undeserved support to Phil. Give the guy a happy ending, get Honey back for a bit and let the two go live in some cottage in a meadow together with the kids.

Let me think, that's streamlined the cast to
    Ian, Lucy and Bobby
    Phil, Shirley, Jay, Lola and Lexi
    Sharon and Dennis
    Kat, Mo, Jean and Tommy
    Dot, Max, Abi, Lauren, Kirsty and Joey
    Cora, Ava and Dexter
    Carol, Bianca, Liam, Tiffany, Morgan and Ray
    Patrick, Denise and Kim
    Poppy and Fatboy
    Michael, Janine and Scarlett

Good bunch from across the cast to build upon. Add up to thirty new characters across two years, and possibly a brand new era for the show is born.
  • Options
    rr22rr22 Posts: 7,633
    Forum Member
    I very much agree with all of the above from pete callans post as its all about interesting characters. And the above sums it up. I think that some good actors are poorly served by characters that are exhausted. Jo joyner is great but its the end of tayna now and she should go permanently. Likewise alfie and shane ritchie. He should not have returned with jesse wallace and her character is hemmed in by his. Im not sure on mass axing though it tends to alienate the audience or so the producers wud haveu us believe. I also think sharon and joey would be an exciting story and get extra interest in the show. Letitita could easily play mrs robinson to his character. Could see lots of magazine covers interested on this love story and also tv shows such as this morning etc to give it a bit of publicity again. Get viewers talking about the show again and sharon is a very loved character by the public. Hope the producers see the chemistry.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like your streamlined vision of the cast Pete, but I think Denise has been wasted with Patrick and Kim for a while now so I would opt to move her over to the Beales on a permanent basis with Ian, Lucy, Bobby, and possibly a return of Peter and a recast Libby. I think that would be a great little set-up to renew the Beale clan.
  • Options
    Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like your streamlined vision of the cast Pete, but I think Denise has been wasted with Patrick and Kim for a while now so I would opt to move her over to the Beales on a permanent basis with Ian, Lucy, Bobby, and possibly a return of Peter and a recast Libby. I think that would be a great little set-up to renew the Beale clan.
    Oh yeah, I didn't list them as groups I'd necessarily keep together, I'm a big fan of widespread interconnected stories and the community being as one not sectored off with large sections of characters having little to no interaction. By that principle I think it's healthy for all to move around the chess pieces every so often, so characters are placed in an unfamiliar environment etc. I just listed them as I thought of them off the top of my head.
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am now adding AJ and Kim to my list- AJ just seems to be floating without any real direction and Kim just seems lost without Ray.

The show really needs to freshen itself up.

We have seen the arrivals of Ava, Kirsty and Dexter but as of yet Ava and Dexter have made no impact and there has been very few scenes this year between Ava and Cora.

There are a few houses that could be freed up if some people were axed too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yeah, I didn't list them as groups I'd necessarily keep together, I'm a big fan of widespread interconnected stories and the community being as one not sectored off with large sections of characters having little to no interaction. By that principle I think it's healthy for all to move around the chess pieces every so often, so characters are placed in an unfamiliar environment etc. I just listed them as I thought of them off the top of my head.

Ah! I'm kind of the opposite. While I agree that community interaction is a necessity, I will say that I love to know where a characters 'place' is on the square and I think that is where their main storylines would stem from anyway. I kind of look at it like the animal kingdom. You have the lions with the lions and the zebras with the zebras but every so often they cross paths, and that's ok, but it's also good to know that they'll still have their pack to settle back into. :)
  • Options
    madetomeasuremadetomeasure Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Whitney, Tyler, All the Jacksons, Jack, Kirsty, Fat boy, Alice, Jean, Lauren and Roxy
  • Options
    Killjoy2013Killjoy2013 Posts: 1,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    - Tayna,Lauren,Jack,Joey,Max,Alice Branning
    - Tyler,Kat & Alfie Moon
    - All The Jacksons apart from carol
    - Billy,Lola,Roxy Mitchell
    - Lucy Beale
    - Kim,Ray,Shirley,Fatboy,Poppy
  • Options
    TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    - Kim / AJ: not funny, not talented. Complete clown characters.
    - Ayesha / Masood / Tamwar: limited without Zainab
    - Alfie / Kat / Mo / Jean: Past their sell-by. Overused now. Shagger Storyline ruined Kat.
    - Poppy / Fatboy / Tyler: have occasional endearing moments but are going nowhere.
    - Alice / Joey: largely a let down. Nothing without Derek.
    - Shirley: no purpose unless she's with Phil.
    - Jim Branning: I know he's off camera but I think it's cruel to Dot to suffer his terrible illness. His dying would make the character's story more profound as, sadly, the poor actor will never be able to return on screen now.
    - Michael: terrible actor, and take Janine with you.
    - Roxy: she has nothing to do now without the Mitchell unit.