Options

Strictly Come Dancing...'it takes two'..chat thread.. (Part 15)

Comments

• Options
    Serenity.Serenity. Posts: 262
    Forum Member
    It always amazes me how many people on here take the tabloid press and the training videos as gospel! They're highly edited to create as much drama and controversy as possible, and sometimes the tabloids are just downright untrue.

No-one has any idea what questions Mark was responding to, as others have pointed out he may have been directly asked if Karen bullied him! And as for the training room footage, it's hardly the first time they've shown a pro getting frustrated, and it might have been the only 5 minutes in the day that Karen was like that! She's always been supportive of Mark on ITT and there's no reason to conveniently ignore all of that just because of one 30-second clip!

The amount of pre-judging on here really is astonishing!

Feel better now? Thanks for making me laugh anyway.
  • Options
    shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    johartuk wrote: »
    Isn't BBC Breakfast based in Manchester?

Yes. Salford Quays - not that far from Blackpool :D
  • Options
    NooniNooni Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    oops I got that wrong :confused:
  • Options
    NooniNooni Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    But the clip they showed of their jive looked ace, I think she may be top of leaderboard this week.
  • Options
    CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    I don't think there's any doubt CRH is the reason the Jordans haven't done the tour for the last few years. He's been the tour director since about 2011 and I think the Jordans have only done the tour once since he took over. It was a complete shock to them to find out they were not required.

I think CRH has been both good and bad for the tour.

Good in that it has become more of a "show" with well choreographed group routines - although that said, they do reflect that he is a west end show choreographer rather than a ballroom dancer - they are showdances rather than ballroom "formation" dances.

Bad in that he has his favourites and pet hates, and he breaks up partnerships just because he doesn't like the pro half of the couple (for instance the Jordans......) he doesn't seen to consider that the people who buy the tickets want to see the couples they saw on their screens during the run of the show. I enjoyed the year that Robbie danced with Katya, but I'd much rather have seen him with Ola, and he is on record saying that had he known she wasn't on the tour, he wouldn't have done it!

Also, bad in that he seems to think the sun shines out of Lisa Riley's backside. On the show, I thought she was utter crap, full of herself and was kept in (by the judges) long past her sell by date. Not only did we have her on the tour as a dancer one year, we were forced to suffer her dreadful "presenting" last year. Thankfully we have Zoe presenting the tour again this year, but I have a sneaking feeling that Miss Funnity Fun Fun will be one of the celeb dancers again...... They seem to think we can't get enough of her!
    Personally, I think that the pro who has been with the celeb through the series should partner them if they go on tour that year. Fair enough if the pro has other commitments (eg Vincent, Flavis, Anton etc), but if they are available, they should be in the tour. I also don't mind seeing new partnerships for example when a celeb comes back another year and the previous partner has got their current celeb to look after.

Also - since CRH took over, the number of celebs taking part on the tour has dropped, and they seem to struggle to get previous celebs to come back. Could the two be connected?
  • Options
    jeanojjeanoj Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark won't get another vote from me.

That's OK - I will give him 6 of mine to compensate.
  • Options
    jeanojjeanoj Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tejas wrote: »
    Thanks for the link... I don't think its bad at all personally. .

Neither did I - lot of fuss on here over nothing - especially as it was printed in a comic paper.
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have they ever done a group dance at Blackpool using the Benny Hill music. That would be great fun and something they should consider.
  • Options
    skimpy_scampiskimpy_scampi Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have they ever done a group dance at Blackpool using the Benny Hill music. That would be great fun and something they should consider.

Oh Judy, you wag :)
  • Options
    curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening all looking forward to tonights show
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MayD wrote: »
    Staged imo.
    The
    Only
    Way
    Is
    Emotion

:D:D:D
  • Options
    Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening everyone :)
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Evening all and thanks for the thread. :)

I forgot how much the word 'Blackpool' got on my nerves at this time of year. :blush:
  • Options
    RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello all:D
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting - Zoe's still in the London studio? Was this recorded yesterday or is she going to be traveling tomorrow?
  • Options
    FrostyJimFrostyJim Posts: 3,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening gals and guys
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like that they show the back crew and how much effort it is.

This isn't magic, it's magic for us, but it's a lot of human care and thought and effort to make it so.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve was funny then:D

A properly sprung floor is a bloody delight.

These two are charming.
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CaroUK wrote: »

Good in that it has become more of a "show" with well choreographed group routines - although that said, they do reflect that he is a west end show choreographer rather than a ballroom dancer - they are showdances rather than ballroom "formation" dances.

Bad in that he has his favourites and pet hates, and he breaks up partnerships just because he doesn't like the pro half of the couple (for instance the Jordans......) he doesn't seen to consider that the people who buy the tickets want to see the couples they saw on their screens during the run of the show. I enjoyed the year that Robbie danced with Katya, but I'd much rather have seen him with Ola, and he is on record saying that had he known she wasn't on the tour, he wouldn't have done it!

Also, bad in that he seems to think the sun shines out of Lisa Riley's backside. On the show, I thought she was utter crap, full of herself and was kept in (by the judges) long past her sell by date. Not only did we have her on the tour as a dancer one year, we were forced to suffer her dreadful "presenting" last year. Thankfully we have Zoe presenting the tour again this year, but I have a sneaking feeling that Miss Funnity Fun Fun will be one of the celeb dancers again...... They seem to think we can't get enough of her!
    Personally, I think that the pro who has been with the celeb through the series should partner them if they go on tour that year. Fair enough if the pro has other commitments (eg Vincent, Flavis, Anton etc), but if they are available, they should be in the tour. I also don't mind seeing new partnerships for example when a celeb comes back another year and the previous partner has got their current celeb to look after.

Also - since CRH took over, the number of celebs taking part on the tour has dropped, and they seem to struggle to get previous celebs to come back. Could the two be connected?

I totally agree. Especially on the bad side and I'm also going to add that the tour is way, way more shorter than it used to. I was so shocked to see how short last year tour was.
  • Options
    MishcollMishcoll Posts: 12,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    Interesting - Zoe's still in the London studio? Was this recorded yesterday or is she going to be traveling tomorrow?

Zoe said its live - guess thats for the friday panel - presuming shes travelling up in the morning
  • Options
    BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LazySusan wrote: »
    How come they all joke about Kristina being strict and even show her with a whip. Also Erin used to be called Miss Whiplash but when someone says Ola is strict there is uproar.

I remember years ago Ola being asked on ITT if she was strict and she said yes, but fair too. I think that applied to several pros back then and we saw it during the training VTs. ;-)
    CaroUK wrote: »

What a lot of fab information Carol. :cool: I did wonder when the series pairings started being split up and now I can see the connection. I would definitely want to see as many couples from the series and not different pairings. I've only been to the Pro Tour, not the Live Tour and in recent years, the pairings is one of the reasons for not going (it was my health before). I do think Craig has a soft spot for Lisa and that has probably made her more unpopular than ever. And as for watching him dance with AW....no thanks. I think there will always be more bums than seats so the tour organisers can just do what they want.

Zoe looks fab tonight and so far, so good. :cool:
  • Options
    FrostyJimFrostyJim Posts: 3,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't look that big from there
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FrostyJim wrote: »
    Doesn't look that big from there

It's bloody big.

Iveta is awesome.:D
  • Options
    BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All those lights spoil the appearance of the ballroom
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh Jake, you are thrilling, just bloody thrill will you.
This discussion has been closed.