Ben on Text Santa

icequeenicequeen Posts: 922
Forum Member
✭✭
After watching Ben on text Santa last night I felt that he has already lost credibility.
It seems that all the original style and grit that he brought to the auditions has gone. Replaced by a formal jacket, lots of pointing upwards and boyband hand gestures. The backing singers were bordering on comical. Totally destroyed the song. He has truly sold his soul to SYCO now........>:(

Comments

• ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What an over the top post. Thought it was a great live vocal. What was the OP expecting at all? Ben has been singing on X Factor for weeks which is hardly seen as credible in the music industry and the song requires backing vocals.. Really confused at what is expected of an X Factor Winning song. Think it won't be until we hear a proper album from Ben when we can find out what musical path he will be following. ;-)
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    icequeen wrote: »
    After watching Ben on text Santa last night I felt that he has already lost credibility.
    It seems that all the original style and grit that he brought to the auditions has gone. Replaced by a formal jacket, lots of pointing upwards and boyband hand gestures. The backing singers were bordering on comical. Totally destroyed the song. He has truly sold his soul to SYCO now........>:(
    ArtyAttack wrote: »
    What an over the top post. Thought it was a great live vocal. What was the OP expecting at all? Ben has been singing on X Factor for weeks which is hardly seen as credible in the music industry and the song requires backing vocals.. Really confused at what is expected of an X Factor Winning song. Think it won't be until we hear a proper album from Ben when we can find out what musical path he will be following. ;-)

I agree arty, it was a brilliant first real live performance.

It amazes me what people expect? A Christmas show for charity ? He was very good. The choir sand well and for his arm gestures. ...... I didn't see that many over the top ones
  • SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    Haenow a superstar right?
  • SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed the performance. Winning songs are always like this. Will Young was given a song that wasn't really his style of music (Evergreen), but went on to produce much edgier, cooler songs.
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thankfully i missed it.
  • hannahhannah Posts: 13,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved the performance and love Ben so I had no problem with his performance whatsoever.
  • icequeenicequeen Posts: 922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its my opinion. And thankfully due to digital spy, I am allowed to post outrageous over the top threads ;-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    Just seen the performance and I thought it was pretty good.
  • porgiaporgia Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    I thought the performance was good and he came across as a genuinely lovey guy who can't quite believe what's happened to him.
  • Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was great. The OP is taking issue with what he was wearing; sorry that he dressed smartly ?
  • Stan_BStan_B Posts: 588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its my opinion. And thankfully due to digital spy, I am allowed to post outrageous over the top threads ;-)
    I don't think its Ben that has no credibility after starting this thread.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was a great live vocal. The winners single rarely represents the artists style. See Little Mix - Cannonball.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He won, it's been a week. Stop with the pint of bitter to wash down the sour grapes and move on for the love of God
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stan_B wrote: »
    I don't think its Ben that has no credibility after starting this thread.

Im not here for credibility Stan.
  • IsItThatDeepIsItThatDeep Posts: 1,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't see it, but unless he was dressed as Father Christmas with the backing singers as elves and snowmen i can't see what the problem is.:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    hannah wrote: »
    I loved the performance and love Ben so I had no problem with his performance whatsoever.

yea i liked him too .Bless him he said its his first show since x factor to sing..i love the song, but don't get all the hate for him :(
  • hannahhannah Posts: 13,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    yea i liked him too .Bless him he said its his first show since x factor to sing..i love the song, but don't get all the hate for him :(

Its because he won and the loved one on this forum came 2nd :)
  • Gavin_MartinGavin_Martin Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i understand that most of you are not happy that Ben won x factor, but you must move on guys and girls because at the end of the day the public love ben the most and people vote who they like, but is he the real winner where he is going to sell millions of records ? that is a another story
  • ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

hahaha
    Based on one show ?

Get a grip. :D
  • ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im not here for credibility Stan.

It's a good job, isn't it. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 201
    Forum Member
    I didn't see Ben on Text Santa but having heard the single several times on the radio I find it totally forgettable and I have to agree with Icequeen that all the raw energy he had at his first audition which made him stand out when he sang "Ain't No Sunshine" (for me at the time) has gone. Having watched him with his band I hope he does get the chance to do his own thing - his way - otherwise he's another Cowell statistic.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IMO he has lost that 'soul' because already he isnt sounding like the artist that he started out trying to be. I loved Ben in the early stages of the competition when his performances were raw. (yes already!) I feel that the raw edge has been taken away and I have to assume by Cowell etc - because lets face it, Ben ISNT going to be saying 'please give me a backing choir' or 'Make my song sound a bit more pop like please' or 'I want to dress more like a business man - its more my style'. No I really dont think so. He has been made to be like this. My post is not criticising Ben so much as his management and the direction that they will force him to go in.......