Hollyoaks Completely Ripped Of Eastenders( Spoilers)

dublintvfandublintvfan Posts: 5,077
Forum Member
Did anyone else see that scene Where Jim was Killed it was the exact same

As Sharon/Carmal Wait For Dennis/Jim She Spots him as He Makes his Way trough the Crowed area he is stabbed and dies in her arms as she screams

it was such a rip off did no one in Hollyoaks spot that:o

Any thoughts?

Comments

• ekim316ekim316 Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's what I was thinking
  • cobwebsoupcobwebsoup Posts: 4,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jim died?!
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed that as well, it was so obvious it was going to happen. I hate Fraser and Grace.
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally. It also doesn't help that though that plot was 8 years ago, it was revisited just last week! Carmel and Sharon are both angels of death too! :eek:
  • MutantXMutantX Posts: 1,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mercedes, Cindy and Lynsey vs Browning was similar to Chrissie, Sam and Zoe vs Den
  • dublintvfandublintvfan Posts: 5,077
    Forum Member
    cobwebsoup wrote: »
    Jim died?!

fraid so Fraiser Stabbed him
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah but dennis died years ago so it's not really a rip off, because one soap does something- that doesn't mean no other soap can do the same thing, I noticed it but didn't think it was a big deal
  • WafcSeanWafcSean Posts: 490
    Forum Member
    The second time in 3 months they've ripped off Eastenders. First with Doctor Browning, and now with Jim.

The fact Jim had to die is pathetic in itself, but for them to just rob Eastenders makes it even worse.
    What a load of rubbish. I didn't even feel sad when he died. I was too busy laughing.
  • hetty100hetty100 Posts: 4,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes it was ripped straight from it, I started another thread on it.

I guess it wont be long till Sienna is cradling Peri in her arms after Grace has knocked her over(roll eyes)
  • MikeBlue19MikeBlue19 Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    No, it's not a rip-off. It a homage. They paid their respect to Eastenders (which isn't always a good thing, as Eastenders has its faults too). They have paid homage twice, in fact. First with Browning's Murder and now with Jim's Murder. Both near identical, with so many similarities it was obviously deliberate on Bryan Kirkwood's part to hark back to the soap he was on previously (after his first stint at Hollyoaks from '06 to '08, might I add).
  • flbkabflbkab Posts: 8,806
    Forum Member
    It reminded me of EastEnders too. I guessed the minute he started walking through the crowd that something was going to happen to him.

I don't really see why Jim had to die. Someone needs to let Hollyoaks know that death isn't the only option when it comes to a character's exit!
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wrong thread.
  • Flash81tFlash81t Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    whats next, sandy gets raped by James willmott-brown!!

I have defended hollyoaks to the hilt, but it looks like they are determined to destroy what little credibility the McQueen's have left..How many members of one family can plan to go on the run in the space of 18 months, how many husbands/boyfriends/lover can be killed right in front of them?

Frazier Black(A.K.A Gangster Silas) is dragging the whole show down the toilet, all these murders are about as exiting as a monday night out in the Loft.
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please get rid if the stupid parody gangster Fraser and Grace. I'm so fed up of them they are dragging the show down, there are some fantastic sls but get little focus. So angry about Jim.
  • Dannielle_HowelDannielle_Howel Posts: 1,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to admit, I was shouting at the tv during the scene. It was painfully obvious!
  • Dannielle_HowelDannielle_Howel Posts: 1,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah but dennis died years ago so it's not really a rip off, because one soap does something- that doesn't mean no other soap can do the same thing, I noticed it but didn't think it was a big deal

Nah, I get what your saying that soaps do have the same story lines over the years but that's fine because normally they reflect real life situations. But this wasn't a story line, it was a certain scene and it played out exactly like eastenders.
  • MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    Yeah, that was strikingly similar.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes I would agree to a point but when it's not half as good as the original then it'll be remembered for the wrong reasons. I wasnt that pushed about Jim whereas with Dennis i remember being in shock
  • PuddinPuddin Posts: 439
    Forum Member
    I thought the exact same thing!
  • dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,281
    Forum Member
    WafcSean wrote: »
    The second time in 3 months they've ripped off Eastenders. First with Doctor Browning, and now with Jim.

The fact Jim had to die is pathetic in itself, but for them to just rob Eastenders makes it even worse.
    What a load of rubbish. I didn't even feel sad when he died. I was too busy laughing.
    That's because of Bryan Kirkwood
  • kushtiimayteekushtiimaytee Posts: 9,732
    Forum Member
    Also found Sienna's s/l similar to EastEnders'.
    Ronnie Mitchell was 14 years old
    Sienna 13.
    Both had daughters.
    Their fathers told them their daughter had died and use that power to try and control them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    As soon as I saw that crowd I twigged it and started crying lmfao
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another death!, can the show not go five minutes without doing one and why Jim he was one of the least irritating of the bunch, so done with the gangster crap it's the worse of the lot.
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Browning/Cindy/Mercedes/Lynsey - Den/Chrissie/Sam/Zoe

Jim stabbed - Dennis stabbed

Patrick/Sienna - Ronnie/Archie.

:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    many soaps have similar storylines/ rip/copy off other soaps.