Options

Somethings not right....

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,990
Forum Member
✭✭✭
If the public vote is added to the judges vote then JOhn should still be in the competition if there were 20 audience votes in it?? So how come he isn't!!

David was bottom
John was in third place
So if there were around 20 (or less)votes in it shouldn't John still be in the Competition??? That will be less than 1%

It doesn't make sense :confused::confused:

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm trying *not* to think about it!!! Or I might start crying!!!! But I take your point, it's bizarre...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    theres definetely something fishy about it..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 250
    Forum Member
    I've emailed ITV and asked for a breakdown of results...haven't heard anything yet. I did wonder how the system worked, especially as he was third from top with the judges' scores.
  • Options
    ellie2ellie2 Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    i assume it was 20 votes between what was needed to put him above david in the combined marks rather than 20 votes between the actual viewer votes cast
  • Options
    SelenaSelena Posts: 29,604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ellie2 wrote:
    i assume it was 20 votes between what was needed to put him above david in the combined marks rather than 20 votes between the actual viewer votes cast

No it was 20 votes between the actual viewer votes cast.
    :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :confused: They're certainly contradicting themselves!! Philip says that not only do the judges votes count, the viewers count as well! I really want to know how this works. hmmmm
  • Options
    mindyannmindyann Posts: 20,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How are the votes counted, then .. I'd assumed it was the same as SCD with the marks being convered into points corresponding to the number of people left in - so 5 couples left, top with judges 5 points down to one for bottom, the same for the viewers votes and then the 2 added together for a final leader board, the couple who were highest with the viewers being used in the event of a tie.
    Are they doing it some other way?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,446
    Forum Member
    mindyann wrote:
    How are the votes counted, then .. I'd assumed it was the same as SCD with the marks being convered into points corresponding to the number of people left in - so 5 couples left, top with judges 5 points down to one for bottom, the same for the viewers votes and then the 2 added together for a final leader board, the couple who were highest with the viewers being used in the event of a tie.
    Are they doing it some other way?

I would assume it's the same, and (if I recall) very rarely would any of the top three/four couples be in the bottom two in the early stages of the competition.

But, where SCD explained all this, DOI has not. Why?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would assume it's the same, and (if I recall) very rarely would any of the top three/four couples be in the bottom two in the early stages of the competition.

But, where SCD explained all this, DOI has not. Why?

That could explain it then, 'cos John & Olga were - what was it, third from the bottom this week? so if one of the couples below them polled higher with the viewers then they could be in the danger zone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mindyann wrote:
    That could explain it then, 'cos John & Olga were - what was it, third from the bottom this week?

No, John and Olga were placed third out of 7. The order from the judges were:

1. Bonnie
    2. Gaynor
    3. John
    4. Sean
    5. Stefan
    6. Kelly
    7. David
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah so they weren't in the danger zone with the judges!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,446
    Forum Member
    Selena wrote:

1. Bonnie
    2. Gaynor
    3. John
    4. Sean
    5. Stefan
    6. Kelly
    7. David

Indeed - so, Kelly ( :mad: ) and David (sympathy vote) must have got a very high number of votes....and John not as much (though he still would have received five points from the judges marks?).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Selena wrote:

1. Bonnie
    2. Gaynor
    3. John
    4. Sean
    5. Stefan
    6. Kelly
    7. David

Right, thanks - my memory is so bad!

I'm not very good at this - when a simlar thing happned on SCD I seem to remember spread sheets were involved! but ..
    to me then saying Bonnie has 7 points and David 1, that means John had to be bottom or second from bottom with the public vote, scoring just one or 2 points from that.
    If he had 2 points from the public and 5 from the judges with a total of 7 points, then David had to score at least 6 with the viewers and Kelly at least 5 (as viewers vote takes it in the event of a point tie). I'd guess that Stefan would be bottom with the viewers and get one point giving him a total of 4.
    If Sean scored 3 with the public, that puts him on 7 points again but because - again - higher score from the public he also goes ahead of John.
    That leaves the 4 points and 7 points to go with Gaynor and Bonnie leaving them very safe.

Of course, all this is more than likely just a product of my fevered imagination! :o:D
  • Options
    wildangelwildangel Posts: 428
    Forum Member
    Have done the math (I think) based on SCD system.

John would have scored 5, and Stefan 3, based on the judges mark.

Assuming they were both bottom on voting, John would have either 6 or 7 (presumably 7 if he only just slipped down at the last minute) and Stefan would score either 4 or 5 (let's say 4)

David was 1 on the Judges, so must have been either 2nd or 1st in the voting to get a total 7 or 8 (or the top in the voting based on above assumptions about John)

Kelly had to be in the votes top 3 (2nd if above)

Sean had to in top 4 (top 3 if above).

So by that method, phone votes must have been...

1: David
    2: Kelly
    3: Sean
    4/5: Bonnie, Gaynor
    6: John
    7: Stefan

Oh my nrain hurts now....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know :D
    The way I worked it out had quite a few couples on 7 points, but John and Olga at the bottom of the '7's pile' 'cos they scored the least with the public.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Selena wrote:
    No it was 20 votes between the actual viewer votes cast.

depends how you interpret john saying there were 20 votes between him and david....it can mean literally 20 votes between the actual votes polled but it can equally mean 20 votes between them in terms of how their overall position ended up ie between ending up 5th or 6th in the final combined votes/marks table
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ellie2 wrote:
    depends how you interpret john saying there were 20 votes between him and david....it can mean literally 20 votes between the actual votes polled but it can equally mean 20 votes between them in terms of how their overall position ended up ie between ending up 5th or 6th in the final combined votes/marks table

The highest combined total possible would have been 14 points.

The highest you can get from the judges is 7. Same goes for the viewer vote.

So it was a gap of 20 votes between the actual viewer votes cast.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Selena wrote:
    The highest combined total possible would have been 14 points.

The highest you can get from the judges is 7. Same goes for the viewer vote.

So it was a gap of 20 votes between the actual viewer votes cast.

how exactly do you know that from a quote that went along the lines of " i was told there were 20 votes between us when the lines closed"....could mean 20 more votes and it would be 3 from the viewer vote instead of 2 and would have been in 5th place in the table not 6th so although the places in the table involved david/john the 20 votes could be between john and someone else just it altered he final table...either interpretation is possible and john did not specify and there has been no official statement either way from itv
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Got this reply from ITV ref getting a copy of the results -

ITV do not provide or publish a breakdown of voting results for any of
    their programmes.

My conspiracy sense is tingling again!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    I think that they don't release these results before the final show in order not to influence betting odds.

They probably also hope to keep viewers using the phone-vote lines, as they do not know how well their favourite is doing (if they think they are safe, they won't vote).

Also if people knew, they could vote tactically to try to increase the chances of their least favourite going out, rather than to increase the chance of their favourite staying.

So (probably) no conspiracy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    tututango wrote:
    I think that they don't release these results before the final show in order not to influence betting odds.

They probably also hope to keep viewers using the phone-vote lines, as they do not know how well their favourite is doing (if they think they are safe, they won't vote).

Also if people knew, they could vote tactically to try to increase the chances of their least favourite going out, rather than to increase the chance of their favourite staying.

So (probably) no conspiracy.

That does sound logical to me, didn't think of the betting side of things. I can find a conspiracy in anything! ;)

There are a few betting sites still giving odds on John winning. I suppose this is just in case there's an injury (or something like that) and he is allowed back in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Philip said that when the screen refreshed itself from the viewers votes, there were only a 'couple' in it!! I think the system needs explaining so we understand it fully