Acoustic Solutions 32in HD Ready LCD TV

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    I've been thinking about buying this (well, the 26" version) but I'm a little worried about the lack of brand name familiarity, and the responses in this thread are varied to say the least.

Is it worth it?

I'd mainly be using it for gaming, so Dgraham's above post is obviously quite concerning...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    It says in the manual that it can handle 720 and 1080 for hdmi and composite connections.The tv looks fine at 480 but maybe it just my tv is fualty?.I would like to hear from others with this tv and see if they had any probs with the 360?
  • Laura_AngelLaura_Angel Posts: 398
    Forum Member
    Where to get SD Freeview box for HDTV?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    How about any problems watching normal telly????

Argos beckons. That's Newton Aycliffe if anyone's interested in getting a faulty one - coz you all seem to think it's fab!

I'll accept offers!
    Hehehehe.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Has anybody found out the refresh rate for this tele. yet ?
    Thanks
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    Tangodan wrote:
    Ok guys. I bought one on Friday and it's back in its box ready to go back to Argos. The picture is really crud compared to a CRT telly connected up in exactly the same way. What am I doing wrong?

Why are people raving about this telly when it's grainy, slow to refresh with moving action, and it's faded with weak colours.

Help me please!
    :cry:

You need to understand that just about all LCD struggle with an analogue aerial, try getting a signal booster?

Go back to the first page of this thread and compare the picture quality of mine to yours :) LCD are not as good as CRT for SDTV, but when you get a HD source you will be flying!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Dgraham wrote:
    It says in the manual that it can handle 720 and 1080 for hdmi and composite connections.The tv looks fine at 480 but maybe it just my tv is fualty?.I would like to hear from others with this tv and see if they had any probs with the 360?

Hi Dgraham,

Composite connection does not support HD, Componant and HDMI do. A scart connection will support RGB and composite but these are not HD, Componant (3 video signal phono connections) will, but this telly does not have those. The only way to get HD into this set is via the HDMI connection.

Hope this helps.
    Forum Member
    yeah i was alittle confused i am using the component connections.I have tryed the 360 on the 26 version which i purchesed and my father bought the 32 version it has same problem on both tvs.
    Forum Member
    Hi there, on the telly, you have a HDMI connection, Scart connectors, an AV input on the side, what other connections have you got, cuz i dont think that there is a componant connection on this set.
    Let me know......

Cheers
    Forum Member
    Dgraham wrote:
    yeah i was alittle confused i am using the component connections.I have tryed the 360 on the 26 version which i purchesed and my father bought the 32 version it has same problem on both tvs.

Hi Dgraham,

Think ive sussed your problems out! I looked at the Xbox site and a picture of the 360 componant HD AV cable. Basically this cable is a dual purpose one; on one hand its supplies HD pictures via the 3 leads colored red/green/blue (componant video) and standard definition (480 lines) via the single yellow lead (composite video).
    Now the TV you have ONLY supports HDTV 1080/720 via the HDMI socket (and the Xbox 360 lead does not have this) and the Xbox 360 only supports HDTV 1080/720 via componant (the 3 leads red green blue) and guess what the TV doesnt have the sockets for this input.

Basically the only socket that will work is the AV on the side with the yellow lead on the xbox cable (composite 480), and this will not give you HD.

Conclusion, unless you can get a componant to HDMI converter, this telly will not get you HD with your XBOX 360.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Hope this helps.
    Forum Member
    this tv has the inputs for Component video (Ypbpr),Component audio inputs,HDMI inputs,Scart1,Scart 2,Aeriel,PC audio input,S-VHS input,Audio line out,

I have the 360 hooked up using the re,white,green,blue,orange on the tv there is no yellow on the comonent on this tv.I have a samsung hdtv and that had yellow with its component connection.
    Forum Member
    Does the 360 not use HDMI?
    Forum Member
    switchman wrote:
    Hi Dgraham,

Think ive sussed your problems out! I looked at the Xbox site and a picture of the 360 componant HD AV cable. Basically this cable is a dual purpose one; on one hand its supplies HD pictures via the 3 leads colored red/green/blue (componant video) and standard definition (480 lines) via the single yellow lead (composite video).
    Now the TV you have ONLY supports HDTV 1080/720 via the HDMI socket (and the Xbox 360 lead does not have this) and the Xbox 360 only supports HDTV 1080/720 via componant (the 3 leads red green blue) and guess what the TV doesnt have the sockets for this input.

Basically the only socket that will work is the AV on the side with the yellow lead on the xbox cable (composite 480), and this will not give you HD.

Conclusion, unless you can get a componant to HDMI converter, this telly will not get you HD with your XBOX 360.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Hope this helps.

There seems to be alot of confusion about what connections this TV has. Assuming we are talking about the Acoustic Solutions LCD32NK750HD, I can confirm that my son is currently quite happily using the HD 1080i setting on his XBOX 360 connected to the COMPONENT SOCKET on this TV ie HIGH DEFINITION and is very happy with the result - ok its not quite as brill. as what we get on the SAMSUNG 32" HD LCD but then this set was less than half the price at £379.99 from Argos.
    I don't currently have any device connected to the HDMI socket but the pic from my DVD using the SVID input on the TV is more than acceptable.
    Ok the sound from the TV is not fantastic and I do have some sympathy re. the comments about depth of colour/contrast with analogue TV but this TV has certainly achieved our aim as primarily a low cost solution for the "games" room with a more than acceptable TV picture.

PS The manual for the TV clearly states that HD at 720P or 1080i can be achieved via its HDMI or Component Socket.
    Forum Member
    My take on this TV:

I joined the forum primarily to comment on this TV and to see if there was anymore info before I decided what to do about it.

I bought one of these at the weekend for my son.
    Straight away he said it was c*ap for his PS2 pro evolution game, then we looked at some footy on it and again there was a noticible blurring when there was any sudden movement. The connection used was composite as PS2 does not have component output.

I have not been able to find what the response time on this is from anyone, anywhere. I've tried every variation on the settings and got some improvement; strangly when the noise reduction is disabled it copes better with motion - but not enough for my son. We are using it as the main TV at the moment and my son has our old CRT.

My guess is that the tv is 12ms. However, as has been said on other threads, even at 8ms you will get some blurring as it is an inherent feature of LCD that they do not cope with fast motion as well as CRT no matter what you pay for it.
    My brother has a 20" PC LCD TV i.e. a pc monitor with a tuner which is 4ms and his gaming is pretty good with no noticible blurring.

My conclusion is that the TV is very good value for normal TV veiwing sound OK, picture and colours very good, easy to set up and use etc but that I going for the 8ms tv at Aldi tomorrow and if I get I'll take this one back to Argos. The Aldi tv will still probably not be brill for gaming but televised sport should hopefully be OK.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Hi, I'm new to the forum as I found the info useful!

Though I come bearing bad news :mad: (bad santa!).

The TV seems to have gone back up in price!

At the time of posting it's now at £449.99.

Well done to all who snagged one whilst it was cheaper and are happy with the purchase :)
    Forum Member
    As stated on another forum the manual is wrong re. the Scarts ie use SCART 1 for freeview as this is RGB (& composite). Scart 2 is composite & S-vid. Freeview picture is good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    ok - new TV. No hum in cinema mode on the new one.

HOWEVER the first one I had happily accepted DVD player in one scart (RGB) with the sky box on the other (RGB). The new one will only do RGB through one and not the other. Not great. It's going back as well.

Also a fair number of pixels (5 or 6) coloured bright green (pinpoints)
    Forum Member
    mark24 wrote:
    ok - new TV. No hum in cinema mode on the new one.

HOWEVER the first one I had happily accepted DVD player in one scart (RGB) with the sky box on the other (RGB). The new one will only do RGB through one and not the other. Not great. It's going back as well.

Also a fair number of pixels (5 or 6) coloured bright green (pinpoints)

Oh dear! you have been unlucky....

.... or have I just been lucky?

Anyone else having issues?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Rd100 wrote:
    I have tried but have no luck best way to try is use the standby way of finding the code.
    I am a complete beginner and have no idea how to use the standby way of finding the code. I have the 26" does anyone out there know the code or can anyone tell me how to use the standby way of getting it. Cheers :confused:
    Forum Member
    Just checked the price of the TV this very second,

it's down to £399.99!.

Not as good as before but better than the price stated in my previous post. Perhaps peopel stopped buying it as soon as the price shot up so they made it cheaper again??
    Forum Member
    Dgraham wrote:
    I bought the 26 inch version of this tv,i am pleased with the tv but i have a problem when i have my 360 hooked up.when i have it set to 720 or 1080 the picture goes light and dark when playing a game.The picture is fine when playing movie trailers ect from xbox live.I have the 360 hooked up to the composite connection on the tv.

anyone got theres hooked up and working at 720? or 1080
    I too have the 26" version and I have this problem as well.

Can I just ask though, what games are you having this problem with?

I just tried F.E.A.R and I didn't notice it at all. Same for some other 360 games.

I saw it slightly in Rainbow Six vegas, but only on the second playthrough when I was trying to look for it.

I tried an xbox 1 game, Halo 2. It's there sligthly, though it's not too bad and easy enough to ignore.

When it comes to Tomb Raider Legend though it's there like a slap in the face. You can't ignore it.

I haven't noticed it in DVD movies, or game trailers, or even in the Xbox menu. Also, it seems to only be at certain points in games. Like say you're walking down a corridor and it happens, you can move away from the spot and it goes dark, then move back into it and it goes light. I really don't know what it is...

So what games are you experiencing this with, at it's worst?

My take on this TV:

I joined the forum primarily to comment on this TV and to see if there was anymore info before I decided what to do about it.

I bought one of these at the weekend for my son.
    Straight away he said it was c*ap for his PS2 pro evolution game, then we looked at some footy on it and again there was a noticible blurring when there was any sudden movement. The connection used was composite as PS2 does not have component output.

I have not been able to find what the response time on this is from anyone, anywhere. I've tried every variation on the settings and got some improvement; strangly when the noise reduction is disabled it copes better with motion - but not enough for my son. We are using it as the main TV at the moment and my son has our old CRT.

My guess is that the tv is 12ms. However, as has been said on other threads, even at 8ms you will get some blurring as it is an inherent feature of LCD that they do not cope with fast motion as well as CRT no matter what you pay for it.
    My brother has a 20" PC LCD TV i.e. a pc monitor with a tuner which is 4ms and his gaming is pretty good with no noticible blurring.

My conclusion is that the TV is very good value for normal TV veiwing sound OK, picture and colours very good, easy to set up and use etc but that I going for the 8ms tv at Aldi tomorrow and if I get I'll take this one back to Argos. The Aldi tv will still probably not be brill for gaming but televised sport should hopefully be OK.
    PS2 + composite cables will always look like blurry crap on a HDTV, no matter which you use.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    does anyone have the sky code for this set? the 26" one doesnt appear to work. I have tried the standby method.

Cheers
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Hello,

Got the 32" baby linked upto my xbox pics at

My setup

Anyway I experiance the effect of the dark then light dark the light only on Call of duty 3 when I pause otherwise all is cool. Just a few small issues with some games:

Call of duty looks very bad on the telle, to dark and the cut screens look such poor quality

Gears of war looks fantastic no issues

PGR looks a bit dark arround the edges of the cars

For the price its a fantastic setup. the get the samsug would have been almost a grand.

Just need to get sky HD, any one got it on this telle? is it good?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rd100 wrote:
    Yes it has, It also has 2x rgb scarts and hdmi and svhs

How about VGA?
  • AubreyStevensAubreyStevens Posts: 2,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How does this 32" compare to the Woolworth Technosonic 32" ?

Are they similar build quality ?