Options

Facebook Privacy Help

TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hey all,

I'm trying really hard to lock down my facebook profile and it's not going very well!

I've got a second account I never use which is normally deactivated so I'm using that to see what everyone on facebook can see on my normal account. All my photos seem public and also whenever I've changed my profile picture is displayed.

How do I remove all that please so that nobody can see information unless they're my friend?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Smiley433Smiley433 Posts: 7,899
    Forum Member
    What is the setting on the photo albums? It needs to be changed to Friends Only rather than everyone.

If that's already done, then sorry I don't know what else needs to be changed.
  • Options
    stu0rtstu0rt Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As far as I know, your profile pictures will always be public. Not sure you can prevent that. Coincidentally, DS did an article yesterday on exactly this issue: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tech/news/a552990/how-do-i-make-my-facebook-profile-private.html

Follow the guide in that article to make your profile private. You can also use the same controls to change *all* previous photos/statuses to a certain privacy setting. That is intended as a once-only kind of thing, but useful if you've had everything set to the default public view for years.
  • Options
    call100call100 Posts: 7,278
    Forum Member
    The only way to achieve complete privacy in FB is to shut it down unfortunately. It's surprising how many people are now no longer on it. Personally I found it useful for a while but the cons far outweighed the pros. So it's gone, I'm relieved that I don't miss it one iota.
    That said, I realise how much some need/are addicted to it, if you are one of those, lock it down if you haven't already....
    Here is an easy on the eye video FB Privacy. Apologise for her obviously fake name...:blush:;-):)
  • Options
    TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm, it only allows me to change the audience of each photo... for example, my mobile uploads album has the little cog icon but no option to change the whole album to friends only, I have to apparently do it individually.
  • Options
    Smiley433Smiley433 Posts: 7,899
    Forum Member
    See if there's anything here you've not done?
  • Options
    stu0rtstu0rt Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It seems anything I suggest on here is invisible! Why do I bother?
  • Options
    brymbo76brymbo76 Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    On the same subject of Facebook Privacy Help, I've already asked this on the Facebook Help Community forum, but looking at how many responses people seem to get, it's less likely I will get my questions answered there.

Could anyone help me with my dilemma?
    I've just added a friend to my friends list but only want that person to see some of my friends and not others.
    My account is currently set up so friends can only view mutual friends on my profile.
    Every configuration I have thought of when I view as the friend I have added, the friend would either see everybody or nobody.
    When I go to Friends > Edit privacy > Friend List - Who can see your friend list?, I change the viewing audience to Custom. Under 'Don't share this with', I have listed the people I don't want my friend to see, but this seems to have no effect.
    I also tried in turn adding my friend to the 'Share this with' but that made no difference so removed friend from that list then tried adding on 'Don't share this with' list that that made no difference either.
    What do I need to do?
    Do I need to add my friend to a particular list?
    Or somehow block those other friends on a list to stop my friend seeing those friends?
    Can I set up additional similar filters so other friends can only see certain friends?
    Hope there's plenty of people who can suggest things I can do to configure my friend list the way I want.
    Many Thanks.