Strange Coincidences - Just Freaked Myself Out

jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,344
Forum Member
✭✭
So today I got the sudden urge whilst watching YouTube videos to watch Michael Jackson's Thriller video. I'm not a big fan of his and there's no real reason why I would watch it. I never listen to his music by choice normally. Only a few hours later did I see a post on my Facebook news feed saying that it is the 5 year anniversary of his death today. And indeed I looked at the date and it is. Now I'm freaked out.

Anyone got any other strange coincidences that have freaked them out?

Comments

• Bob_WhingerBob_Whinger Posts: 1,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe you noticed a news article about the 5 year aniversary. This acted as advertising and so you then looked MJ on youtube. Toothpaste is advertised and Derren Brown influences people to commit crimes in a similar way.
  • newda898newda898 Posts: 5,465
    Forum Member
    You saw it subconsciously somewhere, maybe even heard it on the radio in the background, or even a snippet from a passing car playing one of his songs.
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What the other posters said. Though there is a 1 in 365 chance that if you played a dead singers song on any format it would be the anniversary of his death. So no big deal.
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    I opened this thread and read it and realised i knew it was the anniversary, But i don't know why i know (I have no interest in his music)

So i have obviously heard something/Someone mentioning it without realising, Same has happened to you and you acted on it
  • jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I felt like maybe I saw a link somewhere on YouTube like maybe an advert during another video. I really don't remember seeing anything though. I suppose it must be a subconscious thing though.

Another thing. Have you ever thought about a song in your head and then someone else in the room starts singing or humming the same song. That freaks me out as well.
  • BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cris182 wrote: »
    I opened this thread and read it and realised i knew it was the anniversary, But i don't know why i know (I have no interest in his music)

So i have obviously heard something/Someone mentioning it without realising, Same has happened to you and you acted on it

Radio 2 were playing Thriller when I was driving home about an hour ago.

I thought it was a bit of an odd choice as its not normally a song for a summers afternoon! Now it makes sense :D
  • Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember looking for my book Mothers Milk by Edward St Aubyn, couldn't find it anywhere so instead went to the garden and put the radio on. Only to hear Mariella Frostrup was interviewing Edward St Aubyn about that very book, I was well into 'WOW Mode' at that point :D
  • demon freakdemon freak Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    I will always remember the date the first time the fire alarm went off after I started high school - 11 September 2001.