Gary NOT sleeping outside confirmed

Comments

• Options
    Chris_P_WhiteChris_P_White Posts: 586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    achro wrote: »
    Of course he did.

He's annoyed by both of them, why wouldn't he want them out of the house where they won't bother him?

Or just out of the room maybe?

I don't think Leslie would want to think about Gary trying to sleep outside in the cold....
  • Options
    zofozofo Posts: 7,277
    Forum Member
    Leslie wants Gary to walk so he can be the housemates favorite American, so he is not going to like the fact that Gary was not forced to sleep outside.
  • Options
    Janet_HadfieldJanet_Hadfield Posts: 1,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People with disabilities go camping as do some old age pensioners, the hysteria about "poor brain damaged 70 yr old" Gary is getting on my nerves. If he is too old and too brain damaged to do the tasks then he shouldn't be in the house.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    REDBUS wrote: »
    Latent favoritism :confused: ,what about Frenchie ,wont her breasts/lips/butt freeze up , has silicon been tested at our outdoor climate .

I shouldn't worry,by the looks of them I think Frenchies implants are industrial strength. (They always look as if she's just taken them out of the freezer anyway). She'll be okay. :)
  • Options
    Robinson1Robinson1 Posts: 2,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just been outside to pick up my son from a nightclub *yawns* it is quite mild in B/Wood tonight to be fair. However, My dad has similar medical problems to Gary, thus, this series, good as it is, has been very hard for me to watch. He has been treated hideously by the other housemates. I know I will be labelled an armchair psychologist but I have been the victim of a sociopath and that house is bloody full of them. Not a jot of empathy between them, except perhaps for Dee, who seems like a nice lady.
  • Options
    Oracles_eyeOracles_eye Posts: 2,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope you all invite the pensioners around to stay at yours during the winter who can't afford heating or got food, hope you all go work in a soup kitchen over Christmas with the countless elderly homeless, if you don't then why go on about a rich celebrity who can remove himself from a game show situation and be in luxury in moments.

If he can't compete on an equal footing with the others get him out.
  • Options
    neversaydieneversaydie Posts: 1,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope you all invite the pensioners around to stay at yours during the winter who can't afford heating or got food, hope you all go work in a soup kitchen over Christmas with the countless elderly homeless, if you don't then why go on about a rich celebrity who can remove himself from a game show situation and be in luxury in moments.

There is a vacancy at ATOS that would be ideal for you.
  • Options
    charybdischarybdis Posts: 7,628
    Forum Member
    There is a vacancy at ATOS that would be ideal for you.

Ha, ha ha, love it and so true. :D
  • Options
    chalkmarkschalkmarks Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People with disabilities go camping as do some old age pensioners, the hysteria about "poor brain damaged 70 yr old" Gary is getting on my nerves. If he is too old and too brain damaged to do the tasks then he shouldn't be in the house.

I TOTALLY AGREE !! I am 65 and to cite his age is complete nonsense. Gary uses his history to dominate and control. I have see him in the usa apprentice and celebrity wife swap and he is sticking pretty much to the same act and dynamics. He has a lot of nasty ways about him.
  • Options
    atillathehenatillathehen Posts: 131
    Forum Member
    Yes. You're right. Leslie is disgusting. His whole aim was to have Gary sleep outside and maybe get ill >:( How could BB allow a HM like that :(

So, you're a mind reader now?
  • Options
    pondie84pondie84 Posts: 11,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So, you're a mind reader now?

Pretty sure they were being sarcastic given their earlier posts in the thread.
  • Options
    JisubaJisuba Posts: 2,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chalkmarks wrote: »
    I TOTALLY AGREE !! I am 65 and to cite his age is complete nonsense. Gary uses his history to dominate and control. I have see him in the usa apprentice and celebrity wife swap and he is sticking pretty much to the same act and dynamics. He has a lot of nasty ways about him.

My thoughts exactly. He looks rather strange but is tougher than he appears.

BUT he's their number one celebrity and BB will do whatever they need to keep him in which is why he's NOT sleeping outside.
  • Options
    ChrissieAOChrissieAO Posts: 5,143
    Forum Member
    Cofirmed he won't be sleeping outside. They've just dumped an old fridge on the scrapheap and they've bundled him into that.

Nearly choked on my piece of toast....:D:D:D

Gary to win!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Humph so his whinging paid off.

What Gary wants Gary will get...watch this space ;-)

Whinging? Are you being serious?

Lets see how you'd fair up at 70yrs of age, having got over cancer and a brain injury.

You never know, fate me be so kind as to allow you the opportunity to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very happy that BB has shown common sense and compassion.

This would have been the last series for me otherwise I think.
  • Options
    melloncollie06melloncollie06 Posts: 2,525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's no point people saying "well I'm this age and I can do that" or " I know someone who has EXACTLY the same condition blah blah blah"...

Everyone is an individual and no one knows EXACTLY what health conditions Gary suffers from.
    I agree, there are a lot of fit and healthy 70 year olds about so his age isn't an issue. But he's not one of them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There's no point people saying "well I'm this age and I can do that" or " I know someone who has EXACTLY the same condition blah blah blah"...

Everyone is an individual and no one knows EXACTLY what health conditions Gary suffers from.
    I agree, there are a lot of fit and healthy 70 year olds about so his age isn't an issue. But he's not one of them.

People have a hard time being understanding of other people if they've never experienced it themselves.

It's known as ignorance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

People have a hard time being understanding of other people if they've never experienced it themselves.

It's known as ignorance.
  • Options
    AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    claire33 wrote: »
    Commonsense prevails. BB knows a 70yr old shouldn't be outside regardless of health or not. hope Gary enjoys a good nights sleep.

How ageist, patronising and demeaning.

Many seventy year old people are a damned sight fitter than the overweight younger generation. Seventy year old people were brought up on rationing and are as fit as fleas. Some of them even move about a bit doing hill walking and sleeping outdoors.

Gary's accident was twenty six years ago and since then he has done his best work in films.
  • Options
    BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Annsyre wrote: »
    How ageist, patronising and demeaning.

Many seventy year old people are a damned sight fitter than the overweight younger generation. Seventy year old people were brought up on rationing and are as fit as fleas. Some of them even move about a bit doing hill walking and sleeping outdoors.

And many 70 yr olds are not. Each individual regardless of age, could be affected differently by certain conditions. It's not a question of one size fits all kind of thing.

Many younger people with medical problems may suffer from being outside in colder temperatures at night (especially when they are used to warmer climates).

I'm younger than Gary and I for one couldn't sleep outside upright all night. It would play havoc with my health.

As for some saying people go camping, well that's a choice they make. Maybe Gary wouldn't consider camping as it's not good for him.

:)
  • Options
    Stellen11Stellen11 Posts: 8,627
    Forum Member
    This molly coddling is pathetic. I thought gary was a tough guy not a precious little baby.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gary (or his agent) obviously didn't negotiate separate sleeping arrangements before going in. Haven't we had a couple of celebs in the past - the Jackson sister and Julie Goodyear maybe - who have had their own bedrooms?
  • Options
    Fairy WingsFairy Wings Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    DryIce wrote: »
    Whinging? Are you being serious?

Lets see how you'd fair up at 70yrs of age, having got over cancer and a brain injury.

You never know, fate me be so kind as to allow you the opportunity to.

I've beaten cancer twice.

What's Gary's age got to do with anything? Everyone harping on about him being 70, so what? Ashleigh was only 18 yet countless people objected to her age being a factor.

I hope they've separated Gary from the group as that's only fair due to the nature of the task, if not they might as well forget it.

If poor OLD Gary is so frail, then fly him back home.
  • Options
    BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What's Gary's age got to do with anything? Everyone harping on about him being 70, so what? Ashleigh was only 18 yet countless people objected to her age being a factor.

I hope they've separated Gary from the group as that's only fair due to the nature of the task, if not they might as well forget it.

I personally don't think you can compare the two.

Gary isn't too frail to take part in the show, just not in the best of health to sleep outside, upright on a chaise longue.

I would wager quite a number of folk of a lesser age could possibly struggle out there, I for one. If Gary is able to take part in 99% of the tasks then why exclude him from the programme just because some numpty has decided it's a good idea for anyone to sleep outside.

Can't imagine Leslie being enthralled about sleeping out there. Maybe they should shove him out there tonight and see how he likes those apples huh?

:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This statement is ridiculous, of course age and how a person is affected by it individually matters.

Glad you got over Cancer, it's just a shame your experience hasn't seemed to teach compassion or not to make assumptions on others based on yourself.