Options

The official Radio Times and other TV magazines thread

2»

Comments

• Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    gomezz wrote: »
    Not hard to find at all. It already exists.

I am aware of that, but I was talking about an electronic equivalent.
  • Options
    tomish2004tomish2004 Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    ITVbe added to the Freeview listings in todays issue.

I'm suprised TruTV (launched 4/8) and CBS Action (launched 1/10) weren't added at the same time. TruTV in particular.
  • Options
    Mr SirsMr Sirs Posts: 4,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tomish2004 wrote: »
    ITVbe added to the Freeview listings in todays issue.

I'm suprised TruTV (launched 4/8) and CBS Action (launched 1/10) weren't added at the same time. TruTV in particular.

Are you referring to Radio Times or??

What's On TV carries ITVBe from launch day Wed. 8th (5 + 24 listing is dropped). The same mag. doesn't carry TruTV, CBS Action or Movies4Men or (from Wed) 5 + 24. I know some other mags carry TruTV, CBS Action & 5 + 24, but as mentioned before don't think any mag has Movies4Men - surprising, as it is owned by Sony.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Didnt want to start a new thread, and couldnt find the weekly Raido Times Thread.

Just had an offer pop up for the Digital Edition has anybody tried it."

I have copied and pasted (the above) from a poster in the other thread!
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Sirs wrote: »
    "Didnt want to start a new thread, and couldnt find the weekly Raido Times Thread.

Just had an offer pop up for the Digital Edition has anybody tried it."

I have copied and pasted (the above) from a poster in the other thread!

why?.....
  • Options
    jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why?.....

They posted it xause I put it in the wrong thread, I was using my ipad earlier, and I got a pop up giving me some deal for the Radio Times Digital aedition and was wondering if anybody had tried it, and if they had was it as good as the magazine.
  • Options
    Ste30yoSte30yo Posts: 414
    Forum Member
    They posted it xause I put it in the wrong thread, I was using my ipad earlier, and I got a pop up giving me some deal for the Radio Times Digital aedition and was wondering if anybody had tried it, and if they had was it as good as the magazine.

Yes, had a free digital issue and also bought the Doctor Who one for 99p. It all depends whether you prefer to look at a magazine online rather than physically. It's a well put together publication, but i do question why each edition is more expensive than the paper version. Currently £1.99 per issue (or £80 for a year's subscription which would be £1.54 an issue).

I would suggest to download one to see whether you prefer it first, and if it's your bag, then sign up for a subscription :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TV Times TV & Sat Week and Whats on TV to increase their cover prices for issue before the double (Christmas) issue - new prices will be £1.40 £1.60 and 56p

Double prices will be TV Times and TV & Sat £2.50 and Whats on TV 95p

Edit to add: From the Radio Times Christmas thread.

Also notice H Bauer's top selling tv magazine TV Choice has had a listings revamp. Much more info, clearer layout with channel logos etc... easier on the eye than previous font/style, but still missing...

CBS ACTION, MOVIES4MEN and (I think) TRUTV. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi
    I know it's a bit of a cheek on this thread but does anyone know when the Total TV Guide Christmas issue is due out ?
    I Have to say I got this magazine for the first time last year after seeing the naff Radio Times cover and found the listings much more detailed and better than the Radio Times . I wish I could say different but the decline in the Radio Times Listings over the last 15 years has been continuous

Copied and pasted from a poster in the Radio Times Christmas guide thread.
  • Options
    Derek FayeDerek Faye Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are there any magazines out tomorrow covering 6th-12th? or is that all Saturday?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Derek Faye wrote: »
    Are there any magazines out tomorrow covering 6th-12th? or is that all Saturday?

All the magazines out tomorrow (Tue. 25th) will cover the usual Sat-Fri, so 29th-5th will be featured.

Magazines on sale from THIS Saturday/Monday will cover 6th-12th Dec. - so in essence on sale slightly earlier than usual.