• Options
    AndaghaAndagha Posts: 31,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like this Professor/governor :D
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,991
    Forum Member
    You would if you were in there for real. Shame it's just a TV show and not reality.

I really really wouldn't lol. I was probably as stubborn as them when I was younger (admittedly grew out of it by the time I left school)
  • Options
    applepie2100applepie2100 Posts: 23,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You would if you were in there for real. Shame it's just a TV show and not reality.

I can't help but think that if this were reality some of them would have a large bookmark on their backside by now!
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am reminiscing about the film The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner. One of the Best films ever.
  • Options
    TallywackerTallywacker Posts: 1,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing is, you would or they'd beat the life out of you. I'm guessing you're young and never heard of borstal? It's a far cry from youth detention centres nowadays.
  • Options
    hansuehansue Posts: 14,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah even the governor fella is the same I think. If not, ive seen him before somewhere.

Anyone remember Corporal Nyokas!!

They filmed Bad Lads Army near where I live. I thought that this would be a take off from it. Yes I do remember Nyokas, he took no prisoners.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have heard of borstal yes, doesn't change my temperament or my stubbornness. I probably would have been continually black and blue by the age of 14 a few decades ago.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stubbornness is fine, just expect it to be met with violence from the staff.
  • Options
    Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    Matron is played by the woman from Derek.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hansue wrote: »
    They filmed Bad Lads Army near where I live. I thought that this would be a take off from it.

These guys make the lads in Bad Lads Army seem like little angels. I guess it just demonstrates the gradual erosion of respect for authority. Chav Britain.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ye gods this lot are really missing their xboxes aren't they? Time flies by when you are on them and doesn't when you are grafting according to this lot...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another piece of scum leaves...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bloody hell the rats are jumping ship...
  • Options
    tinmantinman Posts: 3,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ollie_h19 wrote: »
    Matron is played by the woman from Derek.

Dont look like her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I hope this lad does ok
  • Options
    Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is a 4 part series, there is going to be nobody left at this rate,

Now the big guy has left as well.

I'm sure they didn't used to leave as easily on Bad Lad's Army. Presumably the chavs know their rights more these days and know they don't have to stay when a pretend officer tells them to on a TV show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh the poor mite... blaming everyone else. Like anyone cares.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh the poor mite... blaming everyone else. Like anyone cares.

Who did he blame? I couldn't really understand what he was saying
  • Options
    Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    tinman wrote: »
    Dont look like her.

Its not her, I was joking. She just reminds me of her. Sounds a bit like her.
  • Options
    Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is rubbish, they are all irritating.
  • Options
    SpotSpot Posts: 25,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy23 wrote: »
    This is a 4 part series, there is going to be nobody left at this rate,

Now the big guy has left as well.

I'm sure they didn't used to leave as easily on Bad Lad's Army. Presumably the chavs know their rights more these days and know they don't have to stay when a pretend officer tells them to on a TV show.

They really shouldn't be allowed to leave quite so easily. I know they are only volunteers, but there really should be a contract signed where they cannot leave (unless for something such as illness or incapacity) within the first few days, and even then only after a period of reflection. In many cases the others would talk someone round in those circumstances if given the chance.
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know an elderly man who is well thought of in the community. As a young lad, he and his friend were sent to Borstal for 2 years. Their crime was throwing stones down a well! They were wandering around the village and came across an overgrown garden with an old well. They wrongly assumed it was an empty house. Lads being lads they dropped stones down the well and were then discovered by the owner who just happened to be a magistrate. Times were much harder then!
  • Options
    .Lauren..Lauren. Posts: 7,864
    Forum Member
    'I didn't like exercise' and 'I didn't like being told off' as reasons for quitting. Good Lord, what a bunch of wusses we are creating.
  • Options
    Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not seen it yet.

Have they had their heads all shaved into a little circular patch on the top of their heads, and then been frogmarched naked to a disinfectant bath like a sheep dip and been ordered to walk through it? I bet not. This is what a police officer told my class of pre-teens in about 1980 would happen if you went to one of these places on arrival. It's always stayed with me.
  • Options
    KatanaBladeKatanaBlade Posts: 555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know it's voluntary for them but some are walking far too easily which is a shame. The cannabis guy really needs help but seems beyond it. The Spencer guy actually feels like one of the few that genuinely wants to be there and get help.

Honestly though, so far none of the work they've done seems hard but many are struggling to complete or do what's asked. Obviously they aren't used to doing anything but it's almost sad that that's the state of things.