Options

No opinion makes life better

2»

Comments

• Options
    SoundboxSoundbox Posts: 6,247
    Forum Member
    It is a shame that opinions are so often just complete rubbish and not worth the air that it takes to utter them. Too many times have I heard (often loudly) opinions given that are just groundless fabrications that do nothing to help anyone - including the person saying them. Take what people said about Daniel Craig being a rubbish James Bond - before they had even seen the film for instance. In my opinion....blah blah blah.

If a person is well rounded, well travelled, educated, objective and tolerant, then their opinion is usually well worth hearing as they are basing it on many facets of their life. I'm not in that league so don't waste peoples time with my utterances.

What I have been working on is objective thinking. Looking at things more closely before deciding, not rushing to conclusions. That is harder to do but more rewarding I think.
  • Options
    Skyler_WrightSkyler_Wright Posts: 1,652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant thread soundbox.

Self knowledge is the discovery of the new, it looks beyond the world that has all the answers and no solutions.

To experience beauty, love, truth and peace, or god, your mind has to be stilled.

Barry Long.
  • Options
    culturemancultureman Posts: 11,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not having opinions is the cognitive equivalent of having a nervous system incapable of feeling pain. Not the good idea it might at first sight appear.
  • Options
    TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I personally couldn't ever have a meaningful relationship with anyone who didn't have an opinion as I couldn't ever have a proper conversation with them.
    In fact I think I know someone like this, and I've never had a meaningful conversation with them simply because they don't seem to have opinions of their own.

Maybe it does make your life simpler, but it also makes you a very very boring person.