Options

I've never eaten a Pot Noodle.

Comments

• Options
    Chief_WahooChief_Wahoo Posts: 1,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I only had a Pot Noodle once,when I was camping a few years ago.I must have done something wrong because it really wasn't very good.:rolleyes:

I am generally a very fussy eater and don't much like trying new things.Never mind stuff like Pot Noodles or microwave burgers,I have never actually eaten things like a tomato,a cucumber,a pepper,or a mushroom.I'm sure I must have eaten them as part of a ready meal at times,but certainly never as actual food.

Also seafood like prawns,shrimp,winkles,cockles,etc...

But if you put it in batter or stick it in a bun,I would probably eat anything!:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 477
    Forum Member
    Only ever had the 1 pot noodle years ago and it put me off for life. Never eaten **** or black pudding.
  • Options
    Jambo_cJambo_c Posts: 4,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never had a pot noodle either or lots of things like Rustlers burgers.

In terms of meat and seafood I'll happily try anything, I can't think of anything that I wouldn't try.
  • Options
    Oliver Loxton-POliver Loxton-P Posts: 582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Marmite.
  • Options
    Mr TeacakeMr Teacake Posts: 6,593
    Forum Member
    Why is it the trend for people to state their dispreference for fast food fixes? What difference does a pot noodle the odd time make in the grand scheme of things. I personally find them very tasty (beef and tomato, curry, chicken and mushroom) and appreciate their ease and convenience for those times when you want a naughty indulgence.
  • Options
    Jambo_cJambo_c Posts: 4,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Teacake wrote: »
    Why is it the trend for people to state their dispreference for fast food fixes? What difference does a pot noodle the odd time make in the grand scheme of things. I personally find them very tasty (beef and tomato, curry, chicken and mushroom) and appreciate their ease and convenience for those times when you want a naughty indulgence.

I don't think people are doing that, people are just saying popular things they've never tried.

Personally things like pot noodles just don't appeal to me. I'm never that rushed that I can't make a proper meal and plan well enough that I make extra to quickly reheat if I am going to be short on time.

If I'm having a snack whilst watching telly in the evening I'd rather some cheese and biscuits, pate and bread or a nice selection of salami and chorizo.
  • Options
    Oliver Loxton-POliver Loxton-P Posts: 582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

A naughty indulgence?

My God, you need to get out more.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's only a bit of fun, a sort of 'I've never seen Star Wars' for foodies.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know why I keep buying Pot Noodles. They've tasted horrible the past couple of years.
  • Options
    smudges dadsmudges dad Posts: 36,989
    Forum Member
    Never eaten:
    eel
    brains
    tripe
    guinea pig
    snake
    crocodile
    horse (well, knowingly)
    sea cucumber
    octopus (squid is nice, but the suckers put me off)
    lobster
    fois gras
    cat
    dog

I've eaten just about everything else and only just rediscovered Spam, spam, spam, lovely spam (all join in...)

There are lots of things I wouldn't eat now:
    well done steak
    bacon rind
  • Options
    SHAFTSHAFT Posts: 4,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never eaten liver pate, black pudding, veal or lamb chops,
  • Options
    CitizenofPhobosCitizenofPhobos Posts: 1,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know why I keep buying Pot Noodles. They've tasted horrible the past couple of years.

Glad I'm not the only one who spots that, there was a distinct flavour they had in the 90s which seems to have disappeared.
  • Options
    WinterFireWinterFire Posts: 9,509
    Forum Member
    I've never eaten real blue cheese. I've only eaten vegan fake blue cheese, which has a very odd flavour which I've grown used to. But I've no idea whether it tastes anything like any real blue cheese or not.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,383
    Forum Member
    Never eaten:
    eel
    brains
    tripe
    guinea pig
    snake
    crocodile
    horse (well, knowingly)
    sea cucumber
    octopus (squid is nice, but the suckers put me off)
    lobster
    fois gras
    cat
    dog

I've eaten just about everything else and only just rediscovered Spam, spam, spam, lovely spam (all join in...)

There are lots of things I wouldn't eat now:
    well done steak
    bacon rind

OMG, Fois Gras is delicious, cruel maybe but delicious nevertheless.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SHAFT wrote: »
    I've never eaten liver pate, black pudding, veal or lamb chops,

Veal or lamb chops would be on my shortlist for my last meal.

I hadn't tried black pudding until about 4 or 5 months ago but it's not bad. It goes well with scallops and a little chunky apple sauce, simple and quick starter.

Liver pate is ok too.

I've never eaten whitebait. It used to be on menus a lot and OH would always order it but I just couldn't even try it!
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have about 3 Beef and Tomato a year. Mainly when I'm feeling under the weather and can't be bothered to cook, or even to eat much. On such occasions I find them quite appetising; more so than most other food.
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Olives. Just assume I won't like them.

Me to for the same reasons.

Pot Noodles are great but only if you happen to get ones with lots of the flavoured powder some are lame then you need the right amount of water and leave for a little while, they're not as simple as you think :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    brangdon wrote: »
    I have about 3 Beef and Tomato a year. Mainly when I'm feeling under the weather and can't be bothered to cook, or even to eat much. On such occasions I find them quite appetising; more so than most other food.

All men should have a pot noodles in the cupboard for those moments
  • Options
    curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All men should have a pot noodles in the cupboard for those moments

so should women :) chicken & mushroom is in my cupboard bought for 50p so its no big loss if it goes out of date
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Avocado
    Jellied eels
  • Options
    Forum Member
    curvybabes wrote: »
    so should women :) chicken & mushroom is in my cupboard bought for 50p so its no big loss if it goes out of date

Well, personally I think that is a big deal, since you'll be throwing away a pot noodles, due to carelessness :(
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Why would a pot nootle go out of date. It's dried noodles and powdered stock.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Why would a pot nootle go out of date. It's dried noodles and powdered stock.

What about the meat and peas?
  • Options
    cantelpitcantelpit Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    Oysters :(
  • Options
    JulzeiJulzei Posts: 4,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liver, the smells enough to put you off. blerugh.