Options

smart price/Tesco value crisps

swordofomensswordofomens Posts: 267
Forum Member
I really love them do you? I mean the ready salted ones not the corn snacks they are rank.

Comments

• Options
    Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    If you mean the big bag of multi-packs for less than a pound then yes :D I much prefer them to walkers and they taste like crisps used to taste.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lucy Lou wrote: »
    If you mean the big bag of multi-packs for less than a pound then yes :D I much prefer them to walkers and they taste like crisps used to taste.

Yes I mean them and yes they do they are so good.
  • Options
    jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find them brilliant for dipping.
  • Options
    Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    I like them too.
  • Options
    gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    asda and morrisons do 12 packs for about 65p as well. similar.
  • Options
    The Alpha GamerThe Alpha Gamer Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love them too! Admittedly they're so small you have to eat like 4 bags at once, but still, much better value than Walkers!
  • Options
    PaulieboyPaulieboy Posts: 248
    Forum Member
    Yep love them 2
  • Options
    wavy-davywavy-davy Posts: 7,122
    Forum Member
    I don't like the Asda ones as much since they switched from using corn oil to sunflower oil but they're still ok.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 384
    Forum Member
    Are these only ready salted or is there cheese and onion and beef flavour as well?
  • Options
    cbe21okcbe21ok Posts: 3,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just bought a Tesco 6 pack Meat Variety - 2 Beef & Onion, 2 Chicken and 2 Bacon £1.29. Only tried the Chicken so far but they were jolly decent.
    Our local Coop are selling Walkers 6 packs of Worc Sauce, Bacon & Chicken 86p so purchased a couple of those as well. A normal pack of Walkers 34g bags in the3 same shop are 68p ea!!. Never see anyone buying them though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    wavy-davy wrote: »
    I don't like the Asda ones as much since they switched from using corn oil to sunflower oil but they're still ok.

i meant palm oil there..
  • Options
    molyeshamolyesha Posts: 414
    Forum Member
    The Co Op are doing Walkers Extra Crunchy on a 'buy one, get two free' at the moment. It comes out as 3 packs for £1.99. Those crisps are divine! I've got three packs sitting in the cupboard, just have to resist them until next week when I'm having a week off my diet!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    molyesha wrote: »
    The Co Op are doing Walkers Extra Crunchy on a 'buy one, get two free' at the moment. It comes out as 3 packs for £1.99. Those crisps are divine! I've got three packs sitting in the cupboard, just have to resist them until next week when I'm having a week off my diet!

Another good thing about them is they're just about the lowest fat standard crisps you can buy.

Co-Op have also got Tyrells at half price btw. The lightly salted variety are very nice indeed.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I've just had a couple of bags of the Tesco reglaur crisps (£1.29).
    I had a bag of Cheese & Onion and the first crisp had a funny floury taste like there was too much seasoning powder on it - but it wasn't bursting in flavour. Infact the flavour was intermittant - some were fine whilst others were totally plain.
    Also most tasted slighly stale even though they are foil wrapped.

The S&V weren't upto much either. Would take Walkers over them anyday.

I haven't tried the Everyday Value range but I can't imagine them being much better than the regular range. You'd think they'd be more lacking in flavour.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    I haven't tried the Everyday Value range but I can't imagine them being much better than the regular range.

They most certainly are.
  • Options
    eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another fan here :)
  • Options
    Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    They most certainly are.

I can only agree :) our favourite crisps at my house and I need to buy some more tomorrow.