Options

Denon AVR1907 help please

Please someone help me :)

Purchased a Denon AVR1907 tonight along with a set of Keff 'Eggs'.

The amp was sold to me as a 5.1/6.1/7.1 system however the manual is useless. If I am reading it right the amp can not be used in 5.1 mode, is that right??

Are my only options 6.1 & 7.1?

Cheers guys, sorry about the urgent cry for help but I am halfway through installing the kit and it's getting late

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    of course m8 dolby digital ,DTS are 5.1,,, ,6.1 adds a rear center,and 7.1 adds side effects,so just use your front 2 rear 2 and a center +sub off course,ive got the 1507 with an ipod dock excellent kit imho
    ps if its the same as my manual it is a head f%&k at first but when you suss it ,i found it very good
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    thanks for the reply Simon, sorry about the thicko question but which rear terminals are best to be used

Surround or Back Surround (I am guessing back surround?)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no m8,use surround for 5.1 the back surround is for 7.1 ,see page 49 of your manual,you will have to get your head round it to get full potrential of your amp,also have you got the set up mike it works quite well for the different levels required in your room
  • Options
    soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it's like their other models then you tell the Denon your speaker configuration in the set-up menus. The three key bits of information usually required are:

speaker configuration - 5.1
    speaker size - small
    & distance of each speaker from central sitting position
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just connect all the speakers, position them, then run 'auto setup', this will configure all the speakers settings.

Adjustments that will be made are...

Detection of connected speakers
    Speaker phase check
    Detection speaker size (large / small)
    Automatic time delay adjustment
    Automatic level adjustment (0,5 dB steps)

Just make sure auto setup has set the eggs to small.

Crossover setting for the SW should be 80Hz.

Once you have run auto setup you can then carry on with all the other connections and settings.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    thanks for all the replies guys, everything is now up and running :)