Options

Unable to get access to the Digital Spy Forums on my Apple iPad Air

THOMOTHOMO Posts: 7,452
Forum Member
Since last night I've been unable to get access to the Digital Spy Forums on my Apple iPad Air through the Safari Browser and I've had to change to another Browser to get access. Is anyone else having similar problems as myself? I did try rebooting the iPad and also the router to no avail.
Ian.

Comments

• Options
    PickpussPickpuss Posts: 72,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Same here, I'm having to use Chrome.
  • Options
    -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Same here on iPhone 6s, cannot access via safari but can via the Google app which I've just downloaded to see what happens.
  • Options
    THOMOTHOMO Posts: 7,452
    Forum Member
    How do you contact a member of staff from the Digital Spy Forums about this problem, as i have contacted them before about something else, without pressing the alert button, but i cant see anywhere to contact them.
    Ian.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    THOMO wrote: »
    How do you contact a member of staff from the Digital Spy Forums about this problem, as i have contacted them before about something else, without pressing the alert button, but i cant see anywhere to contact them.
    Ian.

Click on Forums Support bottom right.

Edit: I've found a fix, go into safari settings and Clear History and Website Data.
  • Options
    StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    Edit: I've found a fix, go into safari settings and Clear History and Website Data.

That's a pain, as you lose all cookies and password for all websites, not just DigitalSpy.

It makes you wonder if the people who develop the site have actually tried it. The home page is almost unusable on a iPad unless you use an ad blocker. What are they thinking?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Stig wrote: »
    That's a pain, as you lose all cookies and password for all websites, not just DigitalSpy.

Passwords not an issue if you've got them saved to keychain.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've cleared the cache in Safari, turned off Adblock and it still doesn't work.

If anyone wants me, I'll be at AV Forums...

https://www.avforums.com/forums/
  • Options
    Bobby'sgirlBobby'sgirl Posts: 7,386
    Forum Member
    Same has happened to me on my Surface. I can use my nokia phone and now resorted to using my husband's computer. He won't like that at all. Help please. I am waiting for a response from the helpdesk and I had to send that from my phone!!
    very unhappy at the moment.>:(>:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It looks like it's been fixed within the past hour.
  • Options
    Bobby'sgirlBobby'sgirl Posts: 7,386
    Forum Member
    It looks like it's been fixed within the past hour.

Yippee, for how long though!!:p
  • Options
    victorslotvictorslot Posts: 619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seems that they may have changed their domain. Unable to get in via a bookmark in Safari but went via main digitalspy.co.uk home page and all now works (but not original bookmark) .
  • Options
    nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    I've cleared the cache in Safari, turned off Adblock and it still doesn't work.

If anyone wants me, I'll be at AV Forums...

https://www.avforums.com/forums/

Know what you mean. I've got it working on the PC again, after a bit f jiggery-pokery. But still no dice on my iPad Air 2. I sign in as usual, then try to post, only to be told I need to sign in. Really, I haven't got the time for this nonsense, and so will post less here, which will no doubt please some. ;-)