Options

Corrie: Callum to return on Christmas Day?

JetsonJetson Posts: 13,318
Forum Member
✭✭
I have a feeling Callum will reappear on Christmas Day.

Kylie will see him at the end of the Street while the brass band is playing and probably scream and run away. We will be left wondering if it's a vision or real, and the debate will reach a whole new level of crazy. Twitter will go apeshit.

He will return as a device to exonerate Kylie and un-murderer her, but not before Gail finds out he's "dead" and unleashes Gail Force fury (over Christmas dinner? :D). Kylie will probably tell David she saw Callum and he will think she's going crazy for a while, or indeed she'll think she's going crazy herself. Literally looney.

I still think he is in hiding from Denton and using it all as an excuse to torment the Platts. Gemma will probably be in on it by now and have informed them of what they told her when she went round. When he returns, he'll tell them he woke up and writhed out of the carpet before wrapping it back up and climbing out of the man hole. He will say something like he was excited for them to move the "body" and find it empty but what actually happened was even better.

There will be a big showdown/siege of some kind next year and he will die somehow (of his own making, or Denton's, or even maybe Gemma's) or be arrested and sent to jail, and the story will finally end. Kylie will no longer be a murderer and everything will be okay.

This would also tie in with Sean Ward "conveniently" appearing on set when they were filming the Christmas episodes. I don't give a monkey's arse what the publicity team or he himself tweeted, until his body is shown to be in that hole I think he is alive.

And don't start, Janet... it's just a theory! :D

What are your thoughts on this theory? 105 votes

No James, your theory is bonkers
57%
lazyjaneJimmy ConnorsValliTpembo2004Jamesessex69PoppyHoneyJohn Doughjojo01i4nic8mrs.deschaneldd68Sick BulletCollybirdalias aliasdavidnumenfoxy23VenetianFM LoverDebb1ePinewoodblues 60 votes
Why, I think you're onto something James
42%
Jontom64GrannyGruntbuckGingerMacbluebell smile2shy2007DancesWithKats[Deleted User]NoseyLouiefie_fiemushypeashoneythewitchseanfitzyJBlackpool01253Purves Grundygrauniadmark e amac2708Jetsonsheila bligecallumfreeman 45 votes

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poll added for banter.
  • Options
    all_nightall_night Posts: 7,615
    Forum Member
    I'm torn on this one. Although the press office and such seem to insist he is dead and gone, soaps are more in the making of deliberately lying to viewers - which i don't think is a good idea. Twists and turns are good, but don't deliberately lie.

There is room to have him come 'back from the dead' but this isn't Hollyoaks or Corrie, so please, i hope, he is dead.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    James J wrote: »
    Poll added for banter.

:D:D:D

Excellent thoery. I would pay good money to see callum turn up and say he survived Gail's manhole intact
  • Options
    Hank1234Hank1234 Posts: 3,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The actor confirmed he's dead
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hank1234 wrote: »
    The actor confirmed he's dead

So did Michael Parr about Ross Barton
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    all_night wrote: »
    I'm torn on this one. Although the press office and such seem to insist he is dead and gone, soaps are more in the making of deliberately lying to viewers - which i don't think is a good idea. Twists and turns are good, but don't deliberately lie.

There is room to have him come 'back from the dead' but this isn't Hollyoaks or Corrie, so please, i hope, he is dead.
    I think it's been scripted and shot in such a way that it really doesn't stretch credibility too much that he is not dead.

Number 1, the pulse check... I struggle to find my own pulse, and have tried to find a friend's before and struggled, only getting it after a good 5 minutes of trying :D there's no reason why he wasn't still breathing just in very shallow manner, or why David thought he couldn't find a pulse. He didn't check for long and was in a state of panic.

Number 2, the wrapping in the duvet/carpet. I'm afraid you would still be able to breathe in that AND it would provide protective padding for when being dropped in the hole. You would also be able to get out of a wrapped duvet/carpet.

Number 3, there was a night between the Platts putting him in the hole and checking on the body. This is when he could have regained consciousness, writhed out of the wrapping and then rewrapped it up to mess with the Platts' minds.

Number 4, when they went to check the body, they did not actually see it. It was simply rolled up like it would be. They never got the chance to move it. If he was actually dead, they would have pulled him out and then put him back quickly when interrupted somehow, so we knew he was definitely toast.

Number 5, the fact it was covered up so quickly means they weren't able to move it.

What I'm not so sure about is whether Gemma has known the whole time. She was acting a bit odd when she came round, but that is just her character. Callum could have easily gone straight to her and told her he's going into hiding to escape Denton's clutches as the Platts wouldn't give him the cash. He could have sent her round to suss out the Platts and that way he would know they hadn't moved his 'body' and still thought he was dead.

She or even he in hiding could have observed the work going on in the garage and realised they still thought he was 'there'. Change of tactic, let them sweat and think he's dead for a while while he hides. Hell, he could have even had Gemma bug the house and be listening to Kylie and David's conversations.

I really seriously don't think the theory is too crazy.

Indeed I hope it's where the SL goes as I don't want Kylie to be a murderer and all this coverup has tainted David's character. It's going to need to be retrospectively looked back on as black humour rather than real. And I think it will.

Plus as said it gives us all the SL material of Kylie's guilty, Sarah's meltdown, the funny lines from Gail "people in the cemetery haven't slept as well as I did last night" and "I don't need to worry about being on my own, I'll never feel alone in my annex", Gail's eventual discovery and the drama / black humour that will come from that...

... all for it to be neatly rewound. It gives maximum story potential, minimal long term character damage. No need to write Paula Lane out for retribution or have her live as a murderer who got away with it.

Above all else I want him to be alive for Janet's sake. :D
  • Options
    Foxster HotpotFoxster Hotpot Posts: 12,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think at some point Kylie will have a full on Lady Macbeth style breakdown and dig up the garage by herself but there is no body there. The Platts are very confused until they see Callum waltzing down the cobbles. In a special flashback episode we could see how Callum managed to crawl out of the manhole and run off, still needing to hide from Denton, he jumped on a flight and found himself in New York, where Stella Price had agreed to put him up for a few nights. Stella gave Callum a back room style chat and made him see the error of his ways and Callum has spent the past few months doing charity work and laying low from Denton.

Callum decides to return to the street when he hears that Kylie has had a breakdown because he wants to exonerate her and make her feel good about her life. Unfortunately as Callum excitedly bounces down the cobbles, he is accidentally hit by a car. Callum dies uttering that it would be quite fitting to be buried in a manhole after all.

All is well for the Platts... for now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see Janet's voted bullsh*t in the poll but isn't dignifying the theory with a response. :D
  • Options
    Jessica_BobbingJessica_Bobbing Posts: 2,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like this theory ;) I have several potential scenarios for his return (I'm pretty sure he's alive).

My main theory:
    Max is opening his Christmas presents, there is one under the tree that none of the Platt's remember putting there. There is a tag on the gift saying something along the lines of:
    "To Max, enjoy you're pressie. I'll be coming back for you soon. Love Callum." Max reads the tag, screams and throws the present across the room. A confused David goes to pick it up and reads it. He first think's it's one of Bethany's sick jokes, there is a knock on the door. David answers it nervously. Callum is standing there grinning. "Alright Davyboy." he says. The episode finishes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like this theory ;) I have several potential scenarios for his return (I'm pretty sure he's alive).

My main theory:
    Max is opening his Christmas presents, there is one under the tree that none of the Platt's remember putting there. There is a tag on the gift saying something along the lines of:
    "To Max, enjoy you're pressie. I'll be coming back for you soon. Love Callum." Max reads the tag, screams and throws the present across the room. A confused David goes to pick it up and reads it. He first think's it's one of Bethany's sick jokes, there is a knock on the door. David answers it nervously. Callum is standing there grinning. "Alright Davyboy." he says. The episode finishes.
    Ooh I really like that! :D

I think I'd merge it with my idea. So the present thing happens, David thinks it's Bethany playing a joke, and reassures Kylie as much.

Then Kylie later leaves the house for some 'air' and sees Callum at the end of the Street, snow falling, while the brass band plays. She screams and runs back into the house.

The episode ends with her telling David in a panic. "He's alive!" David in disbelief, viewers not sure if it's all a twist, etc. I can't wait for Gail to find out he's 'under her bed' - gonna be vintage Corrie if written properly. I hope for more lines of the "Norman Bates with a briefcase" ilk.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    all_night wrote: »

Actually, I think you'll find this is Corrie ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James J wrote: »
    Ooh I really like that! :D

I think I'd merge it with my idea. So the present thing happens, David thinks it's Bethany playing a joke, and reassures Kylie as much.

Then Kylie later leaves the house for some 'air' and sees Callum at the end of the Street, snow falling, while the brass band plays. She screams and runs back into the house.

The episode ends with her telling David in a panic. "He's alive!" David in disbelief, viewers not sure if it's all a twist, etc. I can't wait for Gail to find out he's 'under her bed' - gonna be vintage Corrie if written properly. I hope for more lines of the "Norman Bates with a briefcase" ilk.

Brilliant!
  • Options
    ritchie2ykritchie2yk Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    It's not really in corries dna to do this

Eastenders and Holly oaks perhaps , corrie no
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ritchie2yk wrote: »

I would argue it's not in Corrie's DNA to have two established, main characters murder someone and put them under the floor in their own house.

Too Brookside, too dark.

He's alive.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ritchie2yk wrote: »

I have to disagree, with the new CS producer coming in the new year (The new producer is known too have lot's of stunts and dramatic storylines) I believe this will be Blackburn's way of leaving his mark.
  • Options
    alias aliasalias alias Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    No James, your theory is bonkers
    Trust me in a confined space of a man hole he would not be able to get out the carpet and would suffocate eventually.

Plus Haven't they said there's a smell.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Trust me in a confined space of a man hole he would not be able to get out the carpet and would suffocate eventually.

Plus Haven't they said there's a smell.
    You are joking, aren't you? :D

I don't remember any rope being involved?

Kylie is paranoid about the smell because in her mind she killed a man and thinks he's buried a few feet below Gail.
  • Options
    CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    See this is what happens when you get stupid plots like Ross Barton being 'dead'. Soaps loose all believability and every 'dead' character will now be questioned forever more>:(

Callum was wrapped tightly in a blanket and stuffed down a manhole. Gail's manhole is not very deep or wide, he'd have next to no room to free himself from the blanket, let alone lift his arms to move the manhole cover, what do you think he did, headbutt it with his dented, concussed, bleeding, badly damaged noggin?:p By which time he'd have suffocated anyway. He'd have to be Houdini to escape:p.
  • Options
    Mark_Washingto1Mark_Washingto1 Posts: 19,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think there is a good chance Callum is alive and I think unless Stewart Blackburn wraps this story up before he leaves Kate Oates will bring Callum back from the dead. Personally I'd like Callum to gas light Kylie and make her think she's going crazy. So she finally confesses to Gail what happened so the two dig up the floor and go in the manhole and don't find Callum's body in there.
  • Options
    Hank1234Hank1234 Posts: 3,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How would of have he escaped then
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hank1234 wrote: »
    How would of have he escaped then

They said the man hole leads to the factory, so Callum would have made his way through the sewers and came up through the factory.
  • Options
    spudatospudato Posts: 1,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D:D:D

Excellent thoery. I would pay good money to see callum turn up and say he survived Gail's manhole intact
    Didn't they say the drains ran under the factory he could have come round and got out that way.:D
  • Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They said the man hole leads to the factory, so Callum would have made his way through the sewers and came up through the factory.

That was the old factory though wasn't it? Would Callum really be able to go through the sewers?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was the old factory though wasn't it? Would Callum really be able to go through the sewers?

The manhole in Gail's suite was from the old factory but Tony said the pipes lead to the current factory. As for him making it through the sewers it must be possible right? I mean the Ninja Turtles can live down there just fine:D
  • Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The manhole in Gail's suite was from the old factory but Tony said the pipes lead to the current factory. As for him making it through the sewers it must be possible right? I mean the Ninja Turtles can live down there just fine:D

I am surprised they haven't dreamed up some silly "comedy" storyline where Callum is rattling about under the factory which leads to the thickos such as Kirk thinking a ghost is haunting the factory.