Options

Bayonetta 2

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone see the nintendo direct showcasing bayonetta 2 seems to have 3 editions and released on 24th october.

Comments

• Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looks pretty brutal! I'm surprised Nintendo have went along with it, actually. Especially with the nudity. This is perhaps as far away from the stereotypical image of Nintendo you can go. Really looking forward to it.
  • Options
    DavonatorDavonator Posts: 4,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks great, but i'm confused. They seemed to make it clear a while back Bayonetta 1 would be packed in for free on the retail version....but now they've implied its special edition only :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Davonator wrote: »
    Looks great, but i'm confused. They seemed to make it clear a while back Bayonetta 1 would be packed in for free on the retail version....but now they've implied its special edition only :(

I think it's like those "limited editions" that EVERYONE gets for the next year or so. Like Diablo "Ultimate Evil Edition" (despite no other editions being available for those consoles!)

edit: Looks like I'm wrong:

Here are the 3 version listed for Europe

Book of Angels version,with book
    Special Edition (which contains B1 and B2 on disc)
    Solus Edition (just B2)

Although, Amazon is saying bayonetta 1 IS included in the standard edition... so presumably, they'll have to honour the orders already made.
  • Options
    fluffedfluffed Posts: 1,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sucks a bit. They definitely said at E3 that Bayonetta 1 would come with ALL copies of 2. Now they're going back on it, and making it a "Special edition" in Europe.. grr.

Worth a pre-order with Amazon, see what transpires?

Edit: apparently this is to do with the age ratings, 2 is a 16 while the first one is an 18, so if they included both it would have to be an 18. In Europe that is, the States obviously do something differently with ratings. Also, I guess Bayonetta is a bit less swear-y this time around.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, the video just posted by Nintendo UK pretty much confirms it. They're removed the sticker that was on the front of the normal box after E3 that said "Includes Bayonetta 1 disc" and they're advertising the limited edition as with 1. It's limited to 15.3k copies, it says.

It's a very odd move. They should have released Bayonetta 1 a few months back on its own to give people a chance to play it who hadn't played it previously, and then release Bayonetta 2 around xmas time. It's a really odd strategy.
  • Options
    SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd have bought this game if I'd still had my WiiU! :)

(It's a shame my previous downloads aren't linked to my NintendoID ... If I bought another system I'd have to start all over again!) :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Many people are reporting, after conversations with CS, that Amazon are ONLY selling the Special edition (1+2), so I would definitely think about ordering there over somewhere else right now.
  • Options
    -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    fluffed wrote: »
    Many people are reporting, after conversations with CS, that Amazon are ONLY selling the Special edition (1+2), so I would definitely think about ordering there over somewhere else right now.

Amazon have now removed 'includes Bayonetta 1' from the description.
    This whole situation stinks really, the US get it for free while we get shafted yet again and have to pay more for the pair :mad: .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ugh...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The First Print Edition has already sold out at Game. Good that it seems to be selling well even if they did screw us over >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    brb wrote: »
    The First Print Edition has already sold out at Game. Good that it seems to be selling well even if they did screw us over >:(

And there's 2 listings on eBay claiming to have over 10 available with a price of £109.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40%7CR40&_sacat=0&_nkw=bayonetta+first+print&rt=nc&LH_BIN=1
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    And there's 2 listings on eBay claiming to have over 10 available with a price of £109.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40%7CR40&_sacat=0&_nkw=bayonetta+first+print&rt=nc&LH_BIN=1

If anyone is even considering paying this, then wait. The edition wasn't advertised as a "Game Exclusive", so I'd imagine it will pop up at other retailers in the coming days also.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If anyone is even considering paying this, then wait. The edition wasn't advertised as a "Game Exclusive", so I'd imagine it will pop up at other retailers in the coming days also.

Haha I wasn't even considering the price Game were offing :D
    No way I'm paying an extra £20 just for a fancy cardboard box.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Solus edition is fine for me to be honest and then pick up Bayonetta 1 on 360 for cheap. Looks great from what I've seen so far I expected an Oct release date which is perfect for me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bah, Amazon price for both is rubbish. Looks like I'm cancelling the (now) solus, and getting it for <40 from shopto. I have the original on the 360, but come on.. new skins!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tempted to cancel my amazon order and get 1 & 2 from shopto decent price as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems a lot of people complained to Amazon. I have just received this e-mail (and I never even complained!)

Hello,

You recently purchased Bayonetta 2 (Nintendo Wii U) Standard Edition:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/product/B00BCWYRJA

We're aware that the product details indicated that this edition would include the first Bayonetta game. We appreciate your patience while we investigate this issue. We'll contact you with an update by 16 September, 2014, if not sooner.

We’re sorry for any inconvenience caused and hope to see you again soon.

Regards,

Customer Service
    Amazon.co.uk
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems a lot of people complained to Amazon. I have just received this e-mail (and I never even complained!)

Hello,

You recently purchased Bayonetta 2 (Nintendo Wii U) Standard Edition:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/product/B00BCWYRJA

We're aware that the product details indicated that this edition would include the first Bayonetta game. We appreciate your patience while we investigate this issue. We'll contact you with an update by 16 September, 2014, if not sooner.

We’re sorry for any inconvenience caused and hope to see you again soon.

Regards,

Customer Service
    Amazon.co.uk

I preordered the standard edition aswell ... £47 for the special edition seemed abit pricey to me! :o
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    I preordered the standard edition aswell ... £47 for the special edition seemed abit pricey to me! :o

same here,

im having a Halloween party and all the kids are going to play this:blush:

saving it till then

actually, i hope this game sells really well..

PG have made some good titles, they never seem to sell though
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As predicted. Amazon have upgraded us for free:

"We’ve upgraded your pre-order for the Standard Edition of this item to the Special Edition at no additional cost to you. The Special Edition also includes the first Bayonetta game. "
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad I didn't cancel the Amazon order now!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A demo has been released on the eShop :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep was going to wait for the full game but couldn't resist so ready to try it out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A demo has been released on the eShop :D

Hurrah! 👏 ... Will download next time I fire up my WIiU! 👍