UKIP are going nowhere. This is just the start.

2»

Comments

• David TeeDavid Tee Posts: 22,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woot_whoo wrote: »
    Interesting point - what happens if a referendum is given (eg by the Tories) and the majority vote to stay "in"? Do UKIP accept defeat or continue railing against people's decision? And if the vote is "out" do they fragment?

They go undercover and seethe quietly. Think in terms of black operations.
  • AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    jjne wrote: »
    If the country votes 'in', the 'out' set will not accept this, and will carry on.

If the country votes 'out', the 'out' set will not accept this (as we'll just retreat to EFTA), and will carry on.

There is enough mileage in this to last until Farage's retirement as an MEP, and that is all he cares about.

Only about ten years to go then. He says that he is retiring aged 60.
  • BlairdennonBlairdennon Posts: 14,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oathy wrote: »
    The paradox UKIP face is this.
    We've had an election campaign voters have accepted one policy
    Out of the EU enough with Immigrants from the EU.
    What happens in the General election? the last UKIP manifesto was so right wing
    no way in hell would former labour voters agree with that.

So what happens in 2015? if UKIP tone things down the former Tory voters will just go back and vote tory. Its going to depend which group of voters supports UKIP most

There are at least two other factors to consider. Many policies of all of the parties may become irrelevant because of what the EU do. Many policies of all the other parties are irrelevant because they ignore them, or water them down when in office.
    Many of the electorate just want a party to do what they say they will do.
  • warlordwarlord Posts: 3,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jjne wrote: »
    If the country votes 'in', the 'out' set will not accept this, and will carry on.

If the country votes 'out', the 'out' set will not accept this (as we'll just retreat to EFTA), and will carry on.

There is enough mileage in this to last until Farage's retirement as an MEP, and that is all he cares about.

The EU will continue to wreck the economies of its members - France is now sliding into the same pit as Spain, Italy and Greece.
    The EU will continue to stifle democracy.
    Voting to stay in will only prolong the agony, and postpone the day we get out.
  • trunkstertrunkster Posts: 14,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mad_Dog1 wrote: »
    It's a sad indictment of the LibLanCon class that the refuge of the working class is Farage, a truly dangerous man who is cut from the same cloth as Cameron.

No he isn't, stop chatting poo.
  • jjnejjne Posts: 6,580
    Forum Member
    warlord wrote: »
    The EU will continue to wreck the economies of its members - France is now sliding into the same pit as Spain, Italy and Greece.
    The EU will continue to stifle democracy.
    Voting to stay in will only prolong the agony, and postpone the day we get out.

Thankyou for confirming my point.
  • Peter the GreatPeter the Great Posts: 14,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tassium wrote: »
    It's the lack of opportunity and a chance at a decent life that is leaving an opening for UKIP.

Both Labour and the Conservatives have done that.

Go into Aldi and see the array of young men at the tills earning a pittance, and understand what UKIP are really tapping into is disenchantment not anti-immigration.
    The thing is though life under UKIP would be ten times worse for these sorts of people.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    trunkster wrote: »
    No he isn't, stop chatting poo.
    Still making grown up points I see?
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    A party that will die a death when Farage dies a death.

A one-man ego trip.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still making grown up points I see?

Actually it was quite observant and perceptive, given the standard of puerile rubbish both that he and you come out with.

Actually I note you're down on your "racist" quota tonight.
  • zahavizahavi Posts: 551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People are voting for UKIP because they don't know who else to vote for.
  • darakinssdarakinss Posts: 1,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I kind of get the UKIP popularity. Although I'd never vote for them myself, it is a wake up call for LibLabCon, which is badly needed. Mainstream politics isn't working, so people will jump to the extreme ends. Look at Germany in the 1930s. As someone else said though, the only difference between Farage and Cameron is that he hasn't had the test of being in government yet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    darakinss wrote: »
    I kind of get the UKIP popularity. Although I'd never vote for them myself, it is a wake up call for LibLabCon, which is badly needed. Mainstream politics isn't working, so people will jump to the extreme ends. Look at Germany in the 1930s. As someone else said though, the only difference between Farage and Cameron is that he hasn't had the test of being in government yet.

Oh dear, yet another 6th form comparison with 1930s Germany, Zzzzzzzzz
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    trunkster wrote: »
    Actually it was quite observant and perceptive, given the standard of puerile rubbish both that he and you come out with.

Actually I note you're down on your "racist" quota tonight.
    Well no it wasn't actually. It was another pointless childish comment. Anything you disagree with you try to shout down and accuse others of being childish. You Will be rolling on the floor having tantrums next unless everyone sais Farage is a god.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Annsyre wrote: »
    Only about ten years to go then. He says that he is retiring aged 60.

A true man of the people, there. How the other half live...!