Ellie Goulding Appreciation Thread

Comments

• BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    Yes so hopefully whatever's been fueling the song up the charts will make it get higher

And hopefully more attention to the album :)

Yeah! Would be great if she could do the likes of Ellen, The View and maybe SNL
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes but i'm not sure if she will until album 2

So this resurgence in popularity will help her and then Ellen, SNL, 60 Minutes and Adeles success should be a help
    Forum Member
    She was on Letterman yesterday! It's on her facebook page
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG i did not know no wonder will have to check it out go Ellie
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Check it out incredible I so want the US import CD now looks so cool :p
    Forum Member
    It's been a while, so Ellie wants a summer release which is fine, would have liked a March release similar to Lights but okay at least we're getting music. Lights is still on US Billboard hasn't risen much and she's supposedly dating Skrillex (vomit) :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BadKid95 wrote: »
    It's been a while, so Ellie wants a summer release which is fine, would have liked a March release similar to Lights but okay at least we're getting music. Lights is still on US Billboard hasn't risen much and she's supposedly dating Skrillex (vomit) :D

Yes time to reconvene :D

Anywho i don't mind a summer release it'll be 2 and half years yes but here music befits a summer release and would really work well i feel just cannot wait to hear it especially if she's dating Skrillex :o

I hope he doesn't influence the record his music is sort of drum n bass circa 2008 think watered down pendulum and hadouken or a really bad totally extinct enormous dinosaur no just no and everyone's doing that music anyway
    Forum Member
    Yes time to reconvene :D

Anywho i don't mind a summer release it'll be 2 and half years yes but here music befits a summer release and would really work well i feel just cannot wait to hear it especially if she's dating Skrillex :o

I hope he doesn't influence the record his music is sort of drum n bass circa 2008 think watered down pendulum and hadouken or a really bad totally extinct enormous dinosaur no just no and everyone's doing that music anyway

Yeah I think she has something up her sleeve anyway with a summer release I imagine she'll be doing a lot of festivals and gigs such as the Hyde Park one maybe, I can see her having involvement in Olympic promo somewhere, her nice little face sells it :D

On all accounts they'e been together since the end of last year, though nobody has actually confirmed it. Extremely odd couple my friend used to have a boyfriend who looked a bit like Skrillex and I'm still shocked the Grammys even allowed him to turn up! :eek:
    Forum Member
    Oooh everybody's starry eyed and everybody knows!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I think she has something up her sleeve anyway with a summer release I imagine she'll be doing a lot of festivals and gigs such as the Hyde Park one maybe, I can see her having involvement in Olympic promo somewhere, her nice little face sells it :D

On all accounts they'e been together since the end of last year, though nobody has actually confirmed it. Extremely odd couple my friend used to have a boyfriend who looked a bit like Skrillex and I'm still shocked the Grammys even allowed him to turn up! :eek:

Totally summer and Autumn-Xmas best time for releases in a year Summer with Ellie's style plus festivals and the olympic's would be amazing so interested as she said she was going darker vibes with this album only issued i can see arising is La Roux is apparently meant to be releasing and i can imagine her promo being mega :eek:

And i hope not as she only recently split with Greg James who in comparison is model esque and my friend has had many an odd choice in BF :p
    Forum Member
    This is the year of our 2009/10 faves! Woo! :cool:

We should be getting a few more first single/album details soon
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is the year of our 2009/10 faves! Woo! :cool:

We should be getting a few more first single/album details soon

Defor we had Florence come back at the end of last year and a new single from little boots Marina is releasing in April Ladyhawke next month and both La roux and Ellie have albums planned im all a little flustered :D

I hope so a buzz single or something even news would be nice its all a little quiet last news we got was regarding Skrillex :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just found out Ellie and skrillex duetted on his Ep song is called Summit not too bad
    Forum Member
    Will have to listen to that, though I don't like Skrillex's music whatsoever :sleep:

Lights #85 on Billboard Hot 100 today :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will have to listen to that, though I don't like Skrillex's music whatsoever :sleep:

Lights #85 on Billboard Hot 100 today :)

I know its totally oudated Drum and Bass it reminds me of Pendulum's first album hold your colour uninspired and dull is Skrillex :p

And mistaken my friend she has reached a new peak of #78 song is slowly rising hope it continues :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    #68 another ten places higher and a new peak hope she continues rise if she releases album number two soon this new resurgence in popularity will only serve to help her :)
    Forum Member
    #68 another ten places higher and a new peak hope she continues rise if she releases album number two soon this new resurgence in popularity will only serve to help her :)

Oh that's great new yay! If one dimension and the unwanted can manage it then so can Ellie! Hope Rebecca Ferguson has American success too! I think however, Lights is an opening for Ellie in America, any big serious success will lie with the new album
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh that's great new yay! If one dimension and the unwanted can manage it then so can Ellie! Hope Rebecca Ferguson has American success too! I think however, Lights is an opening for Ellie in America, any big serious success will lie with the new album

Yes if mediocrity can reign supreme Ellie should do well :p

And not a big fan Of Rebecca poor mans Adele lol.

And yes hopefully oddly Lights was only released to radio in january so hopefully promo new singles maybe push starry eyed they did film a US video so hopefully
    Forum Member
    Yes if mediocrity can reign supreme Ellie should do well :p

And not a big fan Of Rebecca poor mans Adele lol.

And yes hopefully oddly Lights was only released to radio in january so hopefully promo new singles maybe push starry eyed they did film a US video so hopefully

Exactly :p

I think she's very talented plus she's a scouser like me :D

Oh yes, was Starry Eyed ever actually released in America? Or is that in the pipeline? Odd that radio has only just opened up but the best songs always take ages to climb and Lights has proven to be a slow burner, if she can make top 40 that would be excellent
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exactly :p

I think she's very talented plus she's a scouser like me :D

Oh yes, was Starry Eyed ever actually released in America? Or is that in the pipeline? Odd that radio has only just opened up but the best songs always take ages to climb and Lights has proven to be a slow burner, if she can make top 40 that would be excellent

Haha i'll not mention shell suits i promise :p

And i find her a little boring but each to their own :)

And im not sure its all a little weird she has done letterman not sure about SNL they are pushing her but it is taking time a top forty would indeed be great and i hope starry eyed gets a push favourite Ellie single perhaps even The Writer could potentially do well
    Forum Member
    Haha i'll not mention shell suits i promise :p

And i find her a little boring but each to their own :)

And im not sure its all a little weird she has done letterman not sure about SNL they are pushing her but it is taking time a top forty would indeed be great and i hope starry eyed gets a push favourite Ellie single perhaps even The Writer could potentially do well

Ooooh you ;):p

I could imagine The Writer doing well on one of those awful American sitcoms, thankfully they're all being cancelled: 90210, One Tree Hill etc she may get on SNL soon it would be great if she could but I think she may not go on until the new album gets an American release
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ooooh you ;):p

I could imagine The Writer doing well on one of those awful American sitcoms, thankfully they're all being cancelled: 90210, One Tree Hill etc she may get on SNL soon it would be great if she could but I think she may not go on until the new album gets an American release

Yes mind you as much as it can be Cheese would be perfect on Glee now that kind of exposure you cant buy and yes bring on the SNL.
    Forum Member
    Yes mind you as much as it can be Cheese would be perfect on Glee now that kind of exposure you cant buy and yes bring on the SNL.

Yeah the Glee exposure has done wonders for Glad You Came so I hope Lights gets similar exposure although I would prefer Glee to use The Writer, I could see them pulling that off better
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah the Glee exposure has done wonders for Glad You Came so I hope Lights gets similar exposure although I would prefer Glee to use The Writer, I could see them pulling that off better

yes lights would be a tricky song to pull off it isn't as organic as The Writer which could be done acoustic or with band
    Forum Member
    yes lights would be a tricky song to pull off it isn't as organic as The Writer which could be done acoustic or with band

Yes, though they'd have to get the right person I personally would prefer Mercedes or Santana to do it than Rachel