Options

Vincent and Flavia - Dance 'Til Dawn Tour

12346»

Comments

• Options
    StrictlyVikkiStrictlyVikki Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    Dilly 1 wrote: »
    I was lucky enough to be at press night on Monday and it was without doubt the most memorable show I have ever been to. As well as seeing a good few celeb faces, the audience was packed with friends and family of the cast and the atmosphere electric!

SO many changes since the last time I had watched it when on tour and even though I didn't think it could have been improved on at the time, it somehow has been. Jam packed with amazing back to back dancing, the singing from Oliver Darley and Abbie Osman is truly outstanding, and the comedy moments are even funnier than before :D

The highlight of the night was a newly extended Argentine Tango that absolutely blew the audience away and it had barely even finished before everyone was on their feet giving a standing ovation that never stopped until the lights went up.... it carried right through the entire finale! It was absolutely jaw dropping and definitely worthy of the audience reaction.

If you haven't been to the show yet then it really is one not to miss, and even if you have seen it before on tour then it is definitely worth seeing again for all the new changes and especially for their Argentine Tango.

Glad you enjoyed press night, Dilly. It was a lovely evening, wasn't it? I was impressed by the show and much prefer it to Midnight Tango which I felt was a little predictable.

This is much more the full package and delivers on a number of levels, dance, comedy, theatricality. I was really impressed by Abbie Osman too. Her voice is awesome.

I'm reviewing it for December's Dance Today. :)
  • Options
    Dilly 1Dilly 1 Posts: 39,906
    Forum Member
    Glad you enjoyed press night, Dilly. It was a lovely evening, wasn't it? I was impressed by the show and much prefer it to Midnight Tango which I felt was a little predictable.

This is much more the full package and delivers on a number of levels, dance, comedy, theatricality. I was really impressed by Abbie Osman too. Her voice is awesome.

I'm reviewing it for December's Dance Today. :)

FAB, I'll be looking out for your review Vikki :) It was a great show and I thought there was a lovely atmosphere there :) The singers are AMAZING in it and is just a great feel good show altogether. I love the male singer too (Oliver Darley) - He has released a CD which has a few of the Dance 'Til Dawn tracks on it including Moon River and Feeling Good, which I think are utterly fantastic in the show.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/mindin-my-business/id936900798
  • Options
    Forum Member
    VIDEO featuring some SCD Pros/Celebs and what they had to say about Vincent & Flavia 'Dance 'Til Dawn' at the press night - Great comments :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7KbWdpMk7s&feature=youtu.be
  • Options
    missfrankiecatmissfrankiecat Posts: 8,388
    Forum Member
    VIDEO featuring some SCD Pros/Celebs and what they had to say about Vincent & Flavia 'Dance 'Til Dawn' at the press night - Great comments :)

Really looking forward to seeing this. Great to see V and F succeeding in the West End.
  • Options
    MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

LOL at Flavia not letting Vincent get a word in edgeways.:D
  • Options
    fern3fern3 Posts: 1,988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went last night. Truly wonderful. I loved the way the managed to fit in so many dance styles, which as a result of strictly, I recognised!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    2015 tour kicks off on Wednesday in Eastbourne - If you haven't already been to see the show then it is definitely worth checking out as it is BRILLIANT.
    Loads of different dance styles in this one (not just tango) all set to a story which is very funny, with live orchestra amazing singers, brilliant backing cast .... and of course AMAZING dancing from Vincent & Flavia. Their AT in this will knock your socks off. Best I have ever seen from them :D

http://www.dancetildawnonstage.com/

http://www.dancetildawnonstage.com/tour/
  • Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Muggsy wrote: »
    LOL at Flavia not letting Vincent get a word in edgeways.:D

LOL indeed! She never did!
  • Options
    tracynoetracynoe Posts: 535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I went last year on my birthday to Bristol, this year they are in Cardiff on my birthday so would be rude not to go. I didn't think Midnight Tango could be bettered but I loved this show even more and Dilly says it's now better than ever!!!! Can't wait!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    tracynoe wrote: »
    I went last year on my birthday to Bristol, this year they are in Cardiff on my birthday so would be rude not to go. I didn't think Midnight Tango could be bettered but I loved this show even more and Dilly says it's now better than ever!!!! Can't wait!!!!

Oh fab, you will love it. The AT at the end is now longer than when you last watched it and it is stunning! Their best yet I reckon :D A few other changes too and maybe even more will be in place for this new tour. They are always changing things and adding to it to keep it fresh as I think so many people go to see it more than once.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Some Comic Relief 'red nose' fun for Vincent, Flavia and the Dance 'Til Dawn cast :D

https://twitter.com/VFDanceTilDawn/status/567698570695168000/photo/1
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I realise I'm in a minority of 1 on these threads, but I was disappointed by Dance til Dawn.

The music was great, there was an excellent male singer, and the backing dancers were wonderful (even if one of them did almost drop his partner in one of the lifts!) But the 'story' setup of gangsters in Hollywood, came across as old-hat, which then took a nose-dive when 'Lana' a sort of gangsters 'moll' screeched out songs in a fake American accent - there was a collective wince in the audience, and a few hands reaching to cover ears! Unfortunately she seemed to be the actual star of the show.

Vincent & Flavia : The best dance routine was when Flavia, wearing a gorgeous red dress - definitely the best costume of the entire show - danced with the male back-up dancers. If anyone saw the Royal Command Performance in 2013, she did the same routine then. The last routine an Argentine Tango (as seen on countless TV shows) was also very good. As for the rest - were they good? Yes; were they amazing? No. There definitely seemed to be something lacking. Maybe they've done the show too long and are either very tired, or even bored. Certainly they didn't have their usual sparkle, particularly Vincent, who quite honestly just looked as if he was just going through the motions.

Overall, not a patch on Midnight Tango, where all their dancing was superb and they connected with the audience from start to finish.
  • Options
    tracynoetracynoe Posts: 535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw it a few weeks ago and over a year ago. I didn't think it had lost it's shine at all.

Flavia and Vincent did struggle a little I thought with some of the faster moves but I have heard dancers say before that at the new theatre in Cardiff the stage is very steep and not ideal for dancing. Something definitely went wrong with their opening dance but they were very professional and covered well.

I thought the handcuffed rumba was absolutely mesmerising
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tracynoe wrote: »
    I saw it a few weeks ago and over a year ago. I didn't think it had lost it's shine at all.

Flavia and Vincent did struggle a little I thought with some of the faster moves but I have heard dancers say before that at the new theatre in Cardiff the stage is very steep and not ideal for dancing. Something definitely went wrong with their opening dance but they were very professional and covered well.

I thought the handcuffed rumba was absolutely mesmerising

TBH they shouldn't have struggled with any of the routines as, apart from the one Flavia danced with the boys, and the last AT, they were not overly difficult. The handcuffed rumba was a lovely routine, but it seemed to be danced with little feeling and a few slip ups. Vincent was so laid-back it would have been easy to forget he was even there! And, as I said, the faux Americanisation was ear-drum splitting!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    GOOD LUCK to Vincent and Flavia who are the Olivier Awards tonight and nominated for 'Best Entertainment & Family' show.... Got my fingers crossed for this as it would be so well deserved.

Massive achievement for them to even be nominated for one of these awards again as I think they are the biggest theatrical award you can get and the 'Oscars' equivalent of the theatre world.

You can catch the highlights show of the Oliviers on ITV at 10.15 tonight.

I *think* V&F are front row so hopefully we'll see them a lot.... and also IF they win I hope they are included in the TV highlights.

You can follow the @OlivierAwards on twitter or Instagram as they're giving updates from the red carpet.

http://www.olivierawards.com/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Last week while Dance 'Til Dawn was here in Glasgow, I was lucky enough to be able to go in to the theatre for the afternoon for a brilliant 'Behind the Scenes' tour which Flavia had organised for me.

I was there for a few hours before the show (and then stayed to watch) and got to see everything there was to see about the preparations for the show etc.... I had a totally BRILLIANT day and it was a real privilege to be there. I have written about it in a blog post if anyone would like a read. :)

Behind the Scenes at Dance 'Til Dawn...
    http://dilly4.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/behind-scenes-at-dance-til-dawn.html

And I have also written up a Q&A with Flavia...
    http://dilly4.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/q-with-flavia-cacace-mistry_15.html
  • Options
    bendymixerbendymixer Posts: 18,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hi Dilly did you meet the lovely Ian Oswald on your tour? he went to my bro for latin dance lessons and my friend for freestyle
  • Options
    Forum Member
    bendymixer wrote: »
    hi Dilly did you meet the lovely Ian Oswald on your tour? he went to my bro for latin dance lessons and my friend for freestyle

Yes I did meet him and he was lovely :) I stood on the sidelines watching him for a while as V&F were going through some steps with him and one of the girls as they were partnering up for the show after one of the other cast members was injured. Ian is the swing but he was playing a full role that evening. Spoke to him for a little while and he was really nice :)

Here he is in warm up/rehearsal...
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CCPz7oUW4AA38Ui.jpg
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well this is it, the final weekend for Dance 'Til Dawn. Good luck to all for their last couple of shows and enjoy to anyone going to see them. :)

I've enjoyed reading everyone's thoughts here on the show and this is one final review which I'll add here just to finish it off. :)

https://alltheworldsastagebykp.wordpress.com/2015/05/01/dance-til-dawn-uk-tour/