[Torchwood: Miracle Day] 'The Categories of Life' - BBC1 9PM (UK Pace)

1234568»

Comments

• ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    Nerd wrote: »
    Existing crematoria deal with people who die. After MD they are required to deal with people who would have died - it's exactly the same number of people. No additional facilities required.

Not exactly the same. A large number of the dead would have been buried rather than cremated.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    Been watching so far on the PVR. That way I can skip through all the padding.

So, points that irritate this episode:

1: So where did all these ovens come from in such a short space of time? The spysat photos seemed to show the modules in six or so clusters of five units. Assume ten sites across the UK, that means you need 300 crematoria. How did they get them made so quickly? And why? the UK death rate is around 1600 people per day. That seems more than feasible to be dealt with by existing infrastructure, even if, as suggested, the ashes are being kept for a nefarious purpose.

2: Why? This springs from the previous question. What politician would sign up to this? Instant hatred the moment it was leaked and probably a court case in The Hague for all concerned. You can't keep a secret like this with so many people involved for very long at all, it will leak. And they know that. So they wouldn't do it.

3: Characters. Is it possible for these folks to get any more cliched and two dimensional? Intelligent doctor who mouths off at the camp superintendant despite the fact he's obviously unbalanced in a private area, rather than in public and safety? CIA analyst who has no idea about operational security, despite the fact that she would have to know generally how the data she analysed was obtained in order to interpret it correctly? PR girlie who is just a cliche of cliches. Captain "I can do angst, me" Jack?

I so wanted this to be good, and I still hope it may redeem itself. But I'm not holding my breath...
  • ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    pinkmouse wrote: »
    Been watching so far on the PVR. That way I can skip through all the padding.

How do you know if its padding if you fast forward it without watching it? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    Each scene gets about 15 seconds, the padding ones are obvious, and you can still get the gist of it at x3
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    I'm going to watch tonights episode, but is there anyone else thinking the same as me. Why is it being dragged out?