Options

Gary threatens to quit unless the show improves?

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    kitten12 wrote: »
    rather ironic really as his departure would improve the show

^This, absolutely!

Although he's probably holed up in his room as we speak, writing a song for Thatcher's funeral next week;)
  • Options
    sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    jackbell wrote: »
    I purposely put inverted commas around 'head judge', but he has that role on the panel. I know that doesn't mean much. I've said myself on other threads that Simon was an unknown but that was way back and I think ITV need a face the public know today. A Barlow or a Buble or a Keating. They wouldn't take a risk on a British version of LA Reid, which I would prefer.

I actually think Mark Owen would be a bloody good replacement for Barlow (although he wouldn't take it even if offered as I doubt he'd want to stab his friend in the back). His appearance on Celebrity Big Brother endeared him to a lot of people and proved that he has what Gary hasn't got - a personality. I've been to all the concerts since the Take That reunion - and it HAS to be said that its Mark who can hold the audience in the palm of his hand between songs. He was witty, charming and more than a bit cute. I think the only thing Mark couldn't do would be cruel.

Having said that - I'd still rather have Mel B - because she was wicked and funny at the same time.
  • Options
    clare32clare32 Posts: 616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    InMyArms wrote: »
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s103/the-x-factor/news/a471075/gary-barlow-threatens-to-quit-x-factor.html

Finally someone who wants to turn x factor back into the singing competition its meant to be.