HD Classics: Better Graphics, Same Problems?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I play a lot of HD classics, some of which i've never played before (Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter)

One thing i notice that most of them of have in common though is that they don't fix some of issues from when the game was originally released and they don't features any new features that we take as standard today

My best example would be the Jak and Daxter trilogy which is now unto its third different release, i am currently playing on PS Vita

During the first game it really felt like the camera was deliberately trying to kill me, during the second game you have to keep traveling through the same part of the city over and over, i have yet to play Jak 3

Would it really of cost them that much money to fix the camera issues or perhaps added a fast travel feature to Jak II, which gamers today would be more accustomed to?

What do other people think? are the better graphics enough? should they fix the old issues? should they add new features that are present in new games?

Comments

• Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    A lot of these HD Versions are just basic ports, nothing is changed, one thing that's always pissed me off about them is the lack of attention given to sound! As you pointed out, Jak & Daxter Collection, all the music was compressed for the PS2 version, now the composer STILL has the masters for all these tracks as well as unused tracks, which could now be done properly on the PS3's sound chips, but no one even bothered to contact him!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    Yep, same with Jet Set Radio - if they only patched the thrusting so that it'd be like JSRF.