Tearful Jade sacks agent......

Comments

• Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Electra wrote:
    Of course it's always possible that the Servant task wasn't thought of until after Jade had been signed up. For all we know Jade could have agreed to do the series before any of the other celebs.

That's a possibility of course and they may have dreamt up the idea of the masters servants task after she was signed - but if that's the case, they would certainly have asked the rest of the family after the task was thought of. I have a feeling that Jade knew nothing about the task because of the way she reacted in the diary room when they told her that she was going to be waited on.

It wasn't a level playing field for Jade bacause of the way her family had been set up. Admittedly, If she'd behaved well it could have done her a tremendous amount of good, but she wasn't signed up for that reason.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Electra wrote:
    Of course! You're absolutely right. There was talk of a chat show pilot wasn't there?

And a life with the goodies type reality show.
  • ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    That's a possibility of course and they may have dreamt up the idea of the masters servants task after she was signed - but if that's the case, they would certainly have asked the rest of the family after the task was thought of. I have a feeling that Jade knew nothing about the task because of the way she reacted in the diary room when they told her that she was going to be waited on.

It wasn't a level playing field for Jade bacause of the way her family had been set up. Admittedly, If she'd behaved well it could have done her a tremendous amount of good, but she wasn't signed up for that reason.

I honestly don't think Jade was set up by Enedemol or JNM. I think she was supposed to win the show. After last year's non-celeb winning I'm sure that this year's 'twist' was going to be CBB being won by the celeb that BB created. As froglet pointed out above, there was stuff already in the pipeline for after the show.
  • northamuknorthamuk Posts: 1,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Electra wrote:
    Of course! You're absolutely right. There was talk of a chat show pilot wasn't there?

The pilot show was ALREADY filmed!!!!
  • familytreefamilytree Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will Jack be her agent now? :D
  • JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,663
    Forum Member
    Electra wrote:
    It doesn't alter the fact that Jade is a 25 year-old adult who is entirely responsible for her own actions & the words that come out of her mouth. Her downfall is her responsibility alone.

I don't recall implying anything else :confused:
  • Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Electra wrote:
    Of course it's always possible that the Servant task wasn't thought of until after Jade had been signed up. For all we know Jade could have agreed to do the series before any of the other celebs.

When they pitted and underclass daughter of a junkie clipper against the wealthy daughter of an indutrialist, I think it's reasonable to assume the task was created for the Goody and Shilpa.

I doubt they would have split the group so early had it not been for the M&S task which, IMO, was especially designed to test Jade.
    Forum Member
    JoJo4 wrote:
    I don't recall implying anything else :confused:

My mistake then. I read your post as heaping all the blame on JNM. :o
    Forum Member
    When they pitted and underclass daughter of a junkie clipper against the wealthy daughter of an indutrialist, I think it's reasonable to assume the task was created for the Goody and Shilpa.

I doubt they would have split the group so early had it not been for the M&S task which, IMO, was especially designed to test Jade.

I thought it was set up to test the celebs. Which it did.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So she was forced to sign for CBB at gunpoint?

At least she might get an OK! spread out of it.
  • Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    northamuk wrote:

a) how do we know to was already filmed?
    b) How do we know the pilot show wasn't absolutely abysmal and scrapped, giving JN the green light to sell Jade down the river?
    Forum Member
    northamuk wrote:

So Jade doing well on CBB would have increased interest in it.
    Forum Member
    a) how do we know to was already filmed?
    b) How do we know the pilot show wasn't absolutely abysmal and scrapped, giving JN the green light to sell Jade down the river?

Remember Jade 'interviewing' Jermaine? ;)
    Forum Member

Absolutely right! I can't believe anyone involved in the planning of the show could possibly believe that Jade et al would win over Shilpa :confused: Someone must have realised that the cultural differences would be an issue too - not necessarily with the Goodys but certainly with Danielle and probably Jo - although I doubt that anyone could have foreseen the actuality :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Electra wrote:
    I honestly don't think Jade was set up by Enedemol or JNM. I think she was supposed to win the show. After last year's non-celeb winning I'm sure that this year's 'twist' was going to be CBB being won by the celeb that BB created. As froglet pointed out above, there was stuff already in the pipeline for after the show.

Remembering the way Davina was cackling about the "mystery" family that were going in on Friday, I think you're being quite generous towards the BB producers. It was obvious that the Goodys were put in there to provoke reactions based on class and intellect.

I'm not sure that they plan who is going to win it each time. They just light the blue touchpaper stand back and watch the fireworks. They threw a few big bangers into the mix this time, just to make sure that the sparks would fly.
    Forum Member
    Remembering the way Davina was cackling about the "mystery" family that were going in on Friday, I think you're being quite generous towards the BB producers. It was obvious that the Goodys were put in there to provoke reactions based on class and intellect.

I agree, but IMO the cackling was at the expense of the celebs rather than the Goodys.
    Forum Member

I'm not sure that they plan who is going to win it each time. They just light the blue touchpaper stand back and watch the fireworks. They threw a few big bangers into the mix this time, just to make sure that the sparks would fly.

I don't see how they can be sure of the winner at all - apart maybe from Pete (!). Sometimes the most unlikely HMs form alllances and gain popularity with viewers which was unforeseen.

By the same token, the producers certainly know who will definitely be vulnerable, and who to include in the mix to push all their buttons.
    Forum Member
    Electra wrote:
    My mistake then. I read your post as heaping all the blame on JNM. :o

Not entirely a mistake - in that I do feel that JNM knew far more about what was likely to happen than Jade did!

I know she's a 25 year old woman who has to take responsibility for her actions, but she doesn't always have the awareness or nous of a 5 year old, much less a 25 year old. If you view the management company as being in loco parentis - in a minor form - I do feel that they should be screening out dead cert bad situations for their clients, regardless of who they are or how they've previously performed.

The main point I was making that only Noel can have given Jade the impression that they could get her out of any poo she may get herself into :confused: How responsible is that in the real world??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JoJo4 wrote:
    I don't see how they can be sure of the winner at all - apart maybe from Pete (!). Sometimes the most unlikely HMs form alllances and gain popularity with viewers which was unforeseen.

By the same token, the producers certainly know who will definitely be vulnerable, and who to include in the mix to push all their buttons.

'tis dead easy to manipulate the the votes, just use percentages instead of actual figures. When have Ch4/Endemol ever released actual figures?
  • ChoccyCaroleChoccyCarole Posts: 8,867
    Forum Member
    Equally Jade could consider suing JNM for putting the show's interests before her own. The Goody's were put into the show for the wrong reasons and anyone with half a brain could see that it was a wind up to see how the real celebs reacted to having to wait on and serve an ill educated family.
    ============
    Jade knew nothing about the masters and servants task before she went in
    and
    was initially upset that she was going to be waited on.
    ======================
    I wonder if JNM knew the whole story?

I can't put my finger on it right now
    ~ but I think Jade did know about the servants
    and I think
    she was advised to say
    all the Right things to win over the viewers
    by
    acting like
    she did not want to be waited on
    and would have been happier in the servants quarters

to kid the public that she was such
    a GREAT - GOOD con- siderate lovely and humble person

I also think the whole
    Ken and his "cheese and cracker" thing
    was in her game plan = to win support in and outside the house
    by being seen to be passionately standing
    up
    for the poor deprived hungry hard done to servants
    as she also did
    by trying to =show Dirk up=
    for
    inititally not sharing his whisky that night
    [ He then said "TAKE IT ALL to her "
    after she said
    in her cocky way that = she would take it anyway ]
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JoJo4 wrote:
    Absolutely right! I can't believe anyone involved in the planning of the show could possibly believe that Jade et al would win over Shilpa :confused: Someone must have realised that the cultural differences would be an issue too - not necessarily with the Goodys but certainly with Danielle and probably Jo - although I doubt that anyone could have foreseen the actuality :rolleyes:

Anyone who has seen Jade on a reality show would know that she was likely to get into arguments in the house. Adding the rest of the family rather than making Jade powerful was more of a handicap and I'm sure an added emotional strain for her to deal with. As well as worrying about how she was coming across, she also had to worry about how Jackiey and Jack were being perceived.

In the past argumentative types have never won the show no matter how entertaining and funny they are so I can't see how anyone would have thought that Jade could have won.

Shilpa was so MOR that she may well have won by default if Jade et al had not been there, though I suspect that Dirk or Jermaine might have pipped her at the post.
  • CallousCallous Posts: 11,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be honest, I can't see why JNM would dump her now.

A percentage is a percentage.

The fact is that she still seems to get plenty of magazine work..just no tv work....there are quite few JNM clients who are not massive stars. I would have thought she would still bring in a chunk of cash.

Perhaps Jade has dumped JNM in the rather foolish belief that another agent could get her more tv work. She may be of the misguided belief that they are not trying hard enough.
  • BibblesBibbles Posts: 7,755
    Forum Member
    JoJo4 wrote:
    Not entirely a mistake - in that I do feel that JNM knew far more about what was likely to happen than Jade did!

I know she's a 25 year old woman who has to take responsibility for her actions, but she doesn't always have the awareness or nous of a 5 year old, much less a 25 year old. If you view the management company as being in loco parentis - in a minor form - I do feel that they should be screening out dead cert bad situations for their clients, regardless of who they are or how they've previously performed.

The main point I was making that only Noel can have given Jade the impression that they could get her out of any poo she may get herself into :confused: How responsible is that in the real world??

An impression well founded as there had been 4 years of spin-like 6 months before thumping a 50 year old woman in the face-debasing the London Marathon etc .Remember also that Jade was doing well for the first week and seemed on her best behaviour-had impressed some people in the house(Carole)and on the forums.The real Jade shone through though and not just with Shilpa.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Callous wrote:
    To be honest, I can't see why JNM would dump her now.

A percentage is a percentage.

The fact is that she still seems to get plenty of magazine work..just no tv work....there are quite few JNM clients who are not massive stars. I would have thought she would still bring in a chunk of cash.

Perhaps Jade has dumped JNM in the rather foolish belief that another agent could get her more tv work. She may be of the misguided belief that they are not trying hard enough.

OH, yes indeed! a percentage is a percentage, like 100% of 2 votes is a percentage!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Electra wrote:
    I agree, but IMO the cackling was at the expense of the celebs rather than the Goodys.

Well yes, but you have to ask yourself why she would be laughing at the celebs having to put up with the Goodys if they were not considered to be a terrible family.

That's why I believe Jade was set up because she wasn't told how her family were going to be used to provoke the celebs.

It's a similar situation to the one where they put Jackie Stallone into the house with Brigitte Neilson and had her waiting on her former mother in law. She handled it well, but it was unfair of the producers to do it and I'm surprised that they did not suffer a backlash from Brigitte's agents afterwards.