Options

Emmerdaily 29/8/11 – Shooting the Breeze

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    "ripping my knitting" - sheepie, I LOVE that phrase!

Never heard it before.

It's hilarious.

I don't know what the writers are messing about at.

Why don't they just have Declan sleep with Charity and get her pregnant to even the score between him and Jai. Then him and Jai can be mates again, Declan will have an heir and Charity will have a meal ticket for the rest of her life.

Simples.
  • Options
    kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry Lotty and everyone else but Val isn't just a cow but a hotton and district show blue ribboned first prize cow with added cowlike merit badges, she a deeply unpleasant woman now and always has been, horrible woman and deserves everything evil Amy can throw her.

Not that I like the equally unpleasant Amy, I have no sympathy for either of them and Eric has joined the pair of them on my death list, if Val had listened to anything Amy said things might be different now. Victoria is perfectly right to take Val to task but should just tone down the language when you are speaking to your Boss and step auntie.

I quite enjoyed the confrontation between Declan and Jai, wasn't sure what was going to happen, I like it when that happens.

Apologies but i'm borrowing a bit of my 2nd post from Saturday in relation to Debbie as she was in it looking her usual enigmatic self . "Oddly enough Debbie after she'd had the bad news about sarah looked the happiest she has in ages. Charley webb finds it really difficult to convey the right emotion, when she's supposed to be happy she looks downright miserable, when she supposed to be sad like last night and when she had a miscarriage the other month she looks really happy, and when she supposed to be in love with cameron looks like she can barely stand to be in the same room as him, strange girl Debbie."

So her it is Die Val Die
    Die Amy Die
    Die Eric Die
    Their new house which is actually an old barn is riddled with banned pesticides and they all die together slowly and painfully.
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi Kwynne, I'm not about whether I like Val or not, her personality makes no difference to me whatsoever. Even if I hated her guts I'd STILL say she has every right to act with Amy like she is - when Amy stole her mother's ring it was a step too far for her (and it sounds quite a sad story in that Val doesn't remember her mum and it's the only thing she had of hers - emotional value or what? She must have died when her daughters were young :() It's the straw that's broken the camel's back for her and, let's face it, Amy has had more chances with Val and Eric than a cats got lives! This is AMY'S fault and it absolutely flabbergasts me that other people don't see it that way :confused: She's not being spiteful and horrible for the sake of it, AMY'S previous actions have led up to this day. Amy has brought this on herself, she has betrayed Val. It's HER fault they don't trust her and don't want to hear her out, they just think it'll be more platitudes she doesn't mean or lies again.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why don't they just have Declan sleep with Charity and get her pregnant to even the score between him and Jai. Then him and Jai can be mates again, Declan will have an heir and Charity will have a meal ticket for the rest of her life.

Simples.
    I am assuming that Declan fies blanks:o
    lotty27 wrote: »
    Hi Kwynne, I'm not about whether I like Val or not, her personality makes no difference to me whatsoever. Even if I hated her guts I'd STILL say she has every right to act with Amy like she is - when Amy stole her mother's ring it was a step too far for her (and it sounds quite a sad story in that Val doesn't remember her mum and it's the only thing she had of hers - emotional value or what? She must have died when her daughters were young :() It's the straw that's broken the camel's back for her and, let's face it, Amy has had more chances with Val and Eric than a cats got lives! This is AMY'S fault and it absolutely flabbergasts me that other people don't see it that way :confused: She's not being spiteful and horrible for the sake of it, AMY'S previous actions have led up to this day. Amy has brought this on herself, she has betrayed Val. It's HER fault they don't trust her and don't want to hear her out, they just think it'll be more platitudes she doesn't mean or lies again.

AWP is a victim of the script. The sensible thing would have been to confess all to Val as soon as she was blackmailed.
    They never ever do the sensible thing:rolleyes:
  • Options
    kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most of the time I quite like Val despite her many many faults its just that she keeps claiming to love Amy, yet the second Amy opens her mouth she says nasty things to her, every single time, and then she wonders why Amy keeps secrets, its just that Amy can't tell any secrets because your too busy running her down.

Amy is a victim of the script but half the cast are victims of the scripts, the writers have been very inconsistant lately.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Val went to one extreme of doting wholeheartedly on Amy, to not giving her a chance at all, so it's been quite jarry and has seemed contrived seeing as the flip happened once the Jarred stuff/pregnancy announce happened.
  • Options
    Rita's KabinRita's Kabin Posts: 36,447
    Forum Member
    Just finished playing catch-up with yesterday's episode..... :)

FW = First words in episodes
    BB = Last words Before Break
    AB = First words After Break
    LW = Last Words in episode

Tonight’s appearances are confirmed as:-

+ Hazel
    + Charity (FW)
    + Debbie
    + Noah
    + Cain

+ Jai
    + Nikhil