Final Fantasy X

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was a good game, but not a patch on VII, VIII, IX.
  • Jenny1986Jenny1986 Posts: 16,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was a good game, but not a patch on VII, VIII, IX.

I'm replaying IX on my Vita at the moment, and I had forgotten how good it is. At the time I thought the start was a bit slow, certain plot points on Disk 3 were a bit out of place in that olde worlde setting, and the last boss is just meh. So I liked it, but it wasn't a favourite. I'm replaying it now and it's like i'm playing a different game, it's just fantastic. Setting, characters, plot, and it's got so much charm I don't know why I couldn't appreciate it when I first played it. Totally loving it now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aye, I was the same with IX. Just couldn't get into it until my second playthrough. I think maybe the content was just a little bit more... Involved? The minigames are pretty awesome and I love the games setting.
  • Lord ParpLord Parp Posts: 320
    Forum Member
    I was really looking forward to the re-release of FF X until I saw this :eek: :D
  • KillerCloudKillerCloud Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know what it is, I can't access that site at work :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know what it is, I can't access that site at work :(

Don't worry, it's a picture of some very unfortunate cosplayers, nothing about the actual game. It's not wrecked or anything lol.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jenny1986 wrote: »
    Don't worry, it's a picture of some very unfortunate cosplayers, nothing about the actual game. It's not wrecked or anything lol.

Ah thank you. I was panicing there slightly lol I hate seeing this thread bumped purely because I expect news and it never is lol
  • Diceroll_81Diceroll_81 Posts: 904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FFX isn't my favourite of the series but I've replayed it quite a few times. There's something about the world and the atmosphere that I really like, even if it is pretty linear.

I know it's wishful thinking, but I would love them to re-do Tidus and Yuna's voice acting. I can put up with the other characters but those two were embarassing.

Also wishful thinking, but I would choose a complete remake of FF6 over FF7. I would love for them to recreate the FF6 world in full 3d!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't see them doing the voices again, that's probably the biggest appeal about remaking X that they don't have to do that. I can see VI getting a proper remake in the future but not VII I'm afraid, too big a fan base that they're scared of doing it wrong.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FFX isn't my favourite of the series but I've replayed it quite a few times. There's something about the world and the atmosphere that I really like, even if it is pretty linear.

I know it's wishful thinking, but I would love them to re-do Tidus and Yuna's voice acting. I can put up with the other characters but those two were embarassing.

Also wishful thinking, but I would choose a complete remake of FF6 over FF7. I would love for them to recreate the FF6 world in full 3d!

It was pretty rough at times, but now there's enough nostalgia there for me to find it quite endearing. I think i'd be a bit sad if they changed it.

My main problem was Yuna's voice acting, I know the voice actress was going for a young, slightly naive girl, but the way she did it made Yuna look weak. I've heard people say that about Yuna, and I always have to defend her character. The fact that she was willing to go on the pilgramage at all, then continue after she had been excommunicated showed that she is actually really tough. She says to Tidas quite early on that she learnt to smile even when she was feeling sad, I think that shows a lot about her character, especially after the plot twist in the Al Bhed Home. I have a lot of respect for her, so it's sometimes annoying listening to this fake stutter, I just want to shake her and tell her to spit it out for god sake!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    Is E3 today? i'm confused of whats going on? I got a feeling this game will come out at Xmas 2012 my hopes anyways. or even better the autumn as its only a HD remaster.

Any news on FF15?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is E3 today? i'm confused of whats going on? I got a feeling this game will come out at Xmas 2012 my hopes anyways. or even better the autumn as its only a HD remaster.

Any news on FF15?

It is indeed, we have the big conferences today before the show opens. I think Squenix have a conference too. We won't get much news till tommorrow cause most of it will be happening over night. Stupid time zones.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So still no release date :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So still no release date :(

When Nomura said 'there is no time to go I to details today' I thought he was just going to wave and bugger off. I was almost raging lol. Thankfully we got an awesome trailer and finally the announcement of KH3!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah that's good but I really want this release date!
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Future Of Final Fantasy Conference 5PM today, lots is expected to be revealed including information on FFX & X2 Remastered :)
    LINK
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Future Of Final Fantasy Conference 5PM today, lots is expected to be revealed including information on FFX & X2 Remastered :)
    LINK

Oh :D awesome. I thought it was yesterday since lots of info on FF cam out. So there may be a release date yet lol fingers crossed!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So no mention then? :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All that was mentioned was that the FFX remakes will be on Vita and PS3 which we already knew, Kingdom Hearts 3 will be multiplatform.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    New trailer, I guess they assume we've all played it, there are whopping spoilers for anybody that hasn't. Looks great though, still says 2013.

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/e3-2013-final-fantasy-x-and-x-2-get-the-hd-treatme/2300-7554/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jenny1986 wrote: »
    New trailer, I guess they assume we've all played it, there are whopping spoilers for anybody that hasn't. Looks great though, still says 2013.

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/e3-2013-final-fantasy-x-and-x-2-get-the-hd-treatme/2300-7554/

I'm not touching that link! My original game kept crashing at the same point so never got round to finishing it (it was actually pretty early in the game).

So actually it'll probably be like a brand new game to me! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Square Enix Booth is Live Streaming
    LINK
    Schedule
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I thought they only had the one conference not a 3 day event too lol
  • Lord ParpLord Parp Posts: 320