The Chase (ITV) (Part 3)

Comments

• Virgin QueenVirgin Queen Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LouC wrote: »
    Going to watch this being filmed tomorrow! :) Don't know which Chaser or celebs will be on though!

Interesting. Let us know how you get on, Lou.
  • Free as a birdFree as a bird Posts: 1,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm off to watch it being recorded later this afternoon.

Really hope it's either Anne, or Mark(got a lil crush on him :o)

Can't wait
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Can't wait

Ooooh! Tell us about it when you get back.
  • RrosesRroses Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going to watch this being filmed tomorrow! :) Don't know which Chaser or celebs will be on though!

Can't wait

I thought they didn't have a studio audience, hence the canned reaction sounds?
  • kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm going tomorrow too :)

Can't wait

Could you let me know approximately what time the afternoon recording finishes please?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rroses wrote: »
    I thought they didn't have a studio audience, hence the canned reaction sounds?

They're filming celebrity specials at the moment, which have a live audience :)
  • DONTBANMEDONTBANME Posts: 495
    Forum Member
    Well, I agree that if someone can't complete the application form, then they're better off not trying to take part. ;)

I answer quiz questions - but struggle with silly personal ones. Most Chase contestants can answer obviously silly personal questions but not quiz questions.:rolleyes:
  • HMOHMO Posts: 42,143
    Forum Member
    They're filming celebrity specials at the moment, which have a live audience :)

Obviously, don't tell us about the outcome of the show, but at the very least tell us which celebrities took part :D
  • Free as a birdFree as a bird Posts: 1,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had a really nice time
    Got there about an hour before doors open and i was no 170, so even at about 1pm there were loads of people in front of me and the priority queue was nearly as long. The first person in the queue was waiting since 10:30am. They were only letting 200 people in, so if you are 201 plus you probably wouldn't get in.
    The warm up guy was very funny, take along some m&ms but not wethers.
    The celebs were arlene Philips, the gardener diarmund gavin, Helen shelton from blue Peter and micky flanagan, who i was very pleased about as he is so funny and actually very intelligent.
    One of the contestants actually had the amount they won on the cashbuild, and which they chose to go with against the chaser upped to a huge amount after they felt that they could go for the high amount offered and Bradley had to check with the chaser that it was ok.
    The chaser was Paul the sinner man and he is really cool, much better looking in the flesh and very witty.
    All in all the recording took about three hours. Might try and get myself another ticket it was that good.
    Don't know if it will be broadcast but diarmund fell off his chair.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Had a really nice time
    Got there about an hour before doors open and i was no 170, so even at about 1pm there were loads of people in front of me and the priority queue was nearly as long. The first person in the queue was waiting since 10:30am. They were only letting 200 people in, so if you are 201 plus you probably wouldn't get in.
    The celebs were arlene Philips, the gardener diarmund gavin, Helen shelton from blue Peter and micky flanagan, who i was very pleased about as he is so funny and actually very intelligent.
    One of the contestants actually had the amount they won on the cashbuild, and which they chose to go with against the chaser upped to a huge amount after they felt that they could go for the high amount offered and Bradley had to check with the chaser that it was ok.
    The chaser was Paul the sinner man and he is really cool, much better looking in the flesh and very witty.
    All in all the recording took about three hours. Might try and get myself another ticket it was that good.

Glad to hear that you enjoyed the show. Where is it filmed? And did they give any indication of when it is likely to be aired?
  • DONTBANMEDONTBANME Posts: 495
    Forum Member
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    Obviously, don't tell us about the outcome of the show, but at the very least tell us which celebrities took part :D

As prevevious celeb specials, I'm sure it was all well above board:D
  • JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad to hear that you enjoyed the show. Where is it filmed? And did they give any indication of when it is likely to be aired?
    The ITV studios are in Upper Ground just south of the river near Waterloo station.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JeffG1 wrote: »
    The ITV studios are in Upper Ground just south of the river near Waterloo station.

Ahh Thanks, Jeff.
    I don't like the idea that, having made the journey and queued up, you still won't necessarily get in. So I don't think I'll bother.
    ;)
  • Benjamin SiskoBenjamin Sisko Posts: 1,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...It completely caught me off guard that today's is a repeat. It's not even a school holiday this time...!
  • JustonecornettoJustonecornetto Posts: 19,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...It completely caught me off guard that today's is a repeat. It's not even a school holiday this time...!

Disappointed it's a repeat and must be fairly recent as I remember these contestants.

can't remember if they win though :confused:
  • SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it is a repeat but lol at Bradley trying to say that long welsh name :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Disappointed it's a repeat and must be fairly recent as I remember these contestants.

can't remember if they win though :confused:

I didn't spot that at all.
    Dementia setting in!
    Wasn't Sarah good?
  • BluejuBlueju Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amazed at Welshman Mark not knowing where Llanfair PG was...and justifying his choice of Pembroke by saying he thought Llanfair was in North Wales, Clwyd !!! Pembroke is nowhere near Clwyd.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've worked out the outcome for those who can't wait. :D
    This is most probablySeries 5 Episode 1.

Mark catches a target of 20 with 0:25 remaining.

But looking at the wiki page for the applicable episode results, Mark will definitely win. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Worse than I thought - it's Series 4! I didn't think ITV would go back that far. >_<
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very impressive by Mark, feel sorry for the team as 22 would normally be certain victory.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very impressive by Mark, feel sorry for the team as 22 would normally be certain victory.

With the enhanced difficulty of the questions these days, no Chaser can ever hope to match or better the performance Mark just gave there. Not even Mark himself.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know this was a Series 4 repeat (thanks BS) but I'm convinced it must have already been shown as repeat earlier this year as I only started watching from Series 5 and I clearly remembered the contestants on this episode.

Maybe they are trying to raise Mark's profile :D
  • Scotty_WaldenScotty_Walden Posts: 1,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had a really nice time

I was at the same recording as you :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just back from today's recording, had a good time! I was a bit worried about getting in as I wasn't in the priority queue and it seemed to go on for miles! Luckily I made it in! Bradley was lovely, on great form, and the warm-up guy was pretty funny!

The chaser today was Paul Sinha, and the contestants were Dr Hilary Jones, Jon Culshaw, Tina Malone and Charlotte Jackson the sports presenter. Recording took just over three hours.
This discussion has been closed.