Options

Anyone who's seen/read the script for Deep Breath yet? (Spoilers for episode within)

2»

Comments

• Options
    Ray_SmithRay_Smith Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw the leaked episode

Episode starts with a dinosaur attacking the houses of parliament.

Capaldi seems a bit old and tired for the part, being brutally honest. His voice, in particular, sounds strained when he is shouting or being forceful.

Sorry, not impressed with his casting at all. Matt Smith was miles better. Capaldi has zero charisma (although he is a good actor). No energy in the part, sadly. Awful casting. :(
  • Options
    adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ray_Smith wrote: »
    Saw the leaked episode

Capaldi seems a bit old and tired for the part, being brutally honest. His voice, in particular, sounds strained when he is shouting or being forceful.

Sorry, not impressed with his casting at all. Matt Smith was miles better. Capaldi has zero charisma (although he is a good actor). No energy in the part, sadly. Awful casting. :(

Interesting how everyone sees things differently. I've not watched the episode, nor read the scripts, but I've read lots of reports of how Capaldi's Doctor is extremely charismatic. And full of energy. Yet you think the opposite. Well, we're all different.

But perhaps your long documented opposition to Capaldi (virtually from the moment he was cast) has prejudiced your ability to watch the episode objectively and with an open mind?

At least you've stopped that tiresome and utterly unfunny 'joke' you've been making about his name.
  • Options
    Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Give it a bleedin rest will you!!!

Noone agrees with you, you're just making yourself look very clueless , obviously a troll and frankly, a bit of a berk!
  • Options
    PobattiPobatti Posts: 341
    Forum Member

I don't want to get too drawn on the details you specify here, but I suppose you're saying this new Doctor is a massive change from Eleven, and he'll no doubt start in a powerful way and come into his stride completely within an episode or two, a series at most - which is normal.

He was never supposed to be Matt or David, that's the whole point of why certain parts of the fan base have been wanting an older Doctor for years now. Fans who arrived on or after 2005 may not be used to the idea. It might be strange to you, but it's perfectly fine for a lot of people who're already accustomed to this sort of thing. Give Capaldi a chance :)
  • Options
    GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw the leaked episode

hes not Matt Smith,we get it already

give the man a fair crack at the whip before you pass sentence
  • Options
    Irma BuntIrma Bunt Posts: 1,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw the leaked episode

I, too, have seen it. I refuse to leak or reveal anything to anyone who hasn't, or chooses not to, see it. I will only say this: I fundamentally disagree with you on every single point you make about the episode.
  • Options
    saralundsaralund Posts: 3,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I too, have seen the episode. I too, disagree with Ray_Smith. Capaldi's Doctor is specifically not intended to be a pretty boy. He's actually much more endearing.
  • Options
    sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    Irma Bunt wrote: »
    I, too, have seen it. I refuse to leak or reveal anything to anyone who hasn't, or chooses not to, see it. I will only say this: I fundamentally disagree with you on every single point you make about the episode.
    saralund wrote: »
    I too, have seen the episode. I too, disagree with Ray_Smith. Capaldi's Doctor is specifically not intended to be a pretty boy. He's actually much more endearing.

I three's it! Ray is plain wrong. It's not even an alternative opinion, it's simply a twisting of the available information to fit a pre-existing viewpoint.
  • Options
    nattoyakinattoyaki Posts: 7,080
    Forum Member
    I thought Capaldi was brilliant, forceful and much more energetic than you might have imagined in advance.
    They sent it out so a subtitle track in Spanish and portuguese could be created for it. I presume that the subtitle track is like as separate overlay so once produced it can be added to the finished episode. I'm presuming though that would mean that the rough cut is the final edit minus all the CgI and colour because wouldn't the subtitles be incorrect and out of sync if it wasn't?

Thanks! I thought it must be a rough cut because of some of the pacing and some unnecessary (imo) dialogue/scenes. But I guess as long as they have the majority subtitled, late small edits can be made (?). Don't they sometimes only finish the final edits a week or two before it goes out? :confused:
  • Options
    comedyfishcomedyfish Posts: 21,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nattoyaki wrote: »

Thanks! I thought it must be a rough cut because of some of the pacing and some unnecessary (imo) dialogue/scenes.:

I don't think much will change from this version (dialogue wise) Thats why it was sent to for subtitling
  • Options
    AirboraeAirborae Posts: 2,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I know what part you cried at, and while I didn't cry I was longing and pining for said person. Was a great moment.

Yes.
    The death of Shrek is very tearful. :p
  • Options
    inspector drakeinspector drake Posts: 910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just succumbed to temptation and watched it.
    I thought it was absolutely fantastic. Not as good as the previous episode, but still brilliant. I have very high hopes for Capaldi now.

Just one question though: Is the music in this one going to be the same in the final cut? While I loved everything else, I thought the music in this episode was seriously under-par.
  • Options
    Andy_Smith1Andy_Smith1 Posts: 4,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw the leaked episode

Ray will you stop with this ''he is too old trolling'' you ****ing prat , its getting old
  • Options
    StarsabovemeStarsaboveme Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    Just succumbed to temptation and watched it.
    I thought it was absolutely fantastic. Not as good as the previous episode, but still brilliant. I have very high hopes for Capaldi now.

Just one question though: Is the music in this one going to be the same in the final cut? While I loved everything else, I thought the music in this episode was seriously under-par.

No, just placeholder music for now, as I understand it.