Options

The Ratings Thread (Part 61)

Comments

• Options
    yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member
    Andy23 wrote: »
    Siobhan Finneran would be better in my opinion.

Thats a great call actually.
  • Options
    Steve WilliamsSteve Williams Posts: 11,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    Sir Bruce Forsyth is to make a surprise appearance in the first episode of SCD when he will hand over the reins to Tess Daly - Daily Mirror

Frankly, it would have been more surprising if he didn't. He's got to appear on the first one, surely, because he hasn't done a proper goodbye yet, I want him to come on and thank everyone and wish them all good luck then go and sit in the audience or something. Must happen.
    As for the ratings, I think "lowest rating for a new Doctor since 2005" is a bit of a daft comment. Before this there's been three, one of which was the first episode for a decade and hence bloody big news and one of which was on Christmas Day. So those are hardly fair comparisons with something going out on a Bank Holiday weekend, especially the August Bank Holiday weekend.

And today's Sun comes up with even dodgier figures by referring to Tennant's last episode on New Year's Day 2010 as Smith's first, and if you're going to do that you should use the figure for Smith's last on Christmas Day as Capaldi's first.
  • Options
    AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And today's Sun comes up with even dodgier figures by referring to Tennant's last episode on New Year's Day 2010 as Smith's first, and if you're going to do that you should use the figure for Smith's last on Christmas Day as Capaldi's first.

It seems that the media has more spins than a whirling dervish.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Channel 5 have a better line-up right now.

shame it will only be watched by a budgie and two old biddies. :p
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,674
    Forum Member
    D.M.N. wrote: »
    You can split it down to 16-24 and 25-34 if you wanted to.

Dancc - Celebrity Big Brother would be second in both categories, I think. No prizes for guessing which show is head and shoulders above the rest!
    I would wager that CBB had around 0.5M 16-34's last night. MiC had less than that across all ages.

E4 rates well with 16-34s all the time (as Jay Hunt enjoys pointing out) and C5 does not. And again it's a once a week show as opposed to a nightly show.

Both shows may appeal strongly to 16-34s for their respective channels but CBB has a greater impact on both Total People and 16-34 scores for C5 than MiC has in either category for E4.

Digital Spy's obsession with MiC is unsettling. I tried watching it once and hated everything about it, particularly the filming effect they use.
  • Options
    D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    I would wager that CBB had around 0.5M 16-34's last night. MiC had less than that across all ages.

E4 rates well with 16-34s all the time (as Jay Hunt enjoys pointing out) and C5 does not. And again it's a once a week show as opposed to a nightly show.

Both shows may appeal strongly to 16-34s for their respective channels but CBB has a greater impact on both Total People and 16-34 scores for C5 than MiC has in either category for E4.

Digital Spy's obsession with MiC is unsettling. I tried watching it once and hated everything about it, particularly the filming effect they use.

Yeah, I have no idea why DS led on MiC for yesterday's ratings. Then again, they did lead with Tumble for Saturday!

Apologies too - I thought you're original comment was regarding the entire week, when it was only on about yesterday. Taking yesterday in isolation and I suspect CBB won, although depends how well the football did.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I watched 5 minutes of MiC once! I can honestly say that even though I don't like BB/CBB. at least it isn't pretentious and artificial like MiC is.
  • Options
    C.M.W.C.M.W. Posts: 222
    Forum Member
    johnnymc wrote: »
    Moore blamed the Generation Game confusion on social media during her heated session with Krishnan!

"social media started asking a lot of questions about something we don't want to talk about further for the moment"

Could have sworn she sat down for a lengthy interview with the editor of the Guardian's media section and confirmed to him it was coming back. He then wrote the interview up and published it.

Must have imagined it...
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,674
    Forum Member
    Under the Dome returns to C5 tonight at 10PM. For reference purposes tomorrow, a reminder of how Season 1 performed:

# TX Date Episode: Core C5 / C5 Total (inc. +1)
    ==========================================
    1.1 19/08/13 Pilot: 1.84M / 2.03M
    1.2 26/08/13 The Fire: 1.26M / 1.39M
    1.3 02/09/13 Manhunt: 1.13M / 1.26M
    1.4 09/09/13 Outbreak: 0.98M / 1.11M
    1.5 16/09/13 Blue On Blue: 0.92M / ~1.02M
    1.6 23/09/13 The Endless Thirst: 0.96M / ~1.06M
    1.7 30/09/13 Imperfect Circles: 0.95M / 1.05M
    1.8 07/10/13 Thicker Than Water: 1.05M / 1.16M
    1.9 14/10/13 The Fourth Hand: 1.03M / 1.17M
    1.10 21/10/13 Let the Games Begin: 0.94M / 1.07M
    1.11 28/10/13 Speak of the Devil: 1.00M / ~1.10M
    1.12 04/11/13 Exigent Circumstances: 0.95M / ~1.05M
    1.13 11/11/13 Curtains: 1.10M / ~1.20M

Lost a lot of viewers from 1.1 to 1.4 but was very consistent thereafter and never dipped below a million.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    C.M.W. wrote: »
    Could have sworn she sat down for a lengthy interview with the editor of the Guardian's media section and confirmed to him it was coming back. He then wrote the interview up and published it.

Must have imagined it...

You imagined it. It was someone on twitter pretending to be her. Moore was with me the whole time. ;-)
  • Options
    H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Under the Dome returns to C5 tonight at 10PM. For reference purposes tomorrow, a reminder of how Season 1 performed:

# TX Date Episode: Core C5 / C5 Total (inc. +1)
    ==========================================
    1.1 19/08/13 Pilot: 1.84M / 2.03M
    1.2 26/08/13 The Fire: 1.26M / 1.39M
    1.3 02/09/13 Manhunt: 1.13M / 1.26M
    1.4 09/09/13 Outbreak: 0.98M / 1.11M
    1.5 16/09/13 Blue On Blue: 0.92M / ~1.02M
    1.6 23/09/13 The Endless Thirst: 0.96M / ~1.06M
    1.7 30/09/13 Imperfect Circles: 0.95M / 1.05M
    1.8 07/10/13 Thicker Than Water: 1.05M / 1.16M
    1.9 14/10/13 The Fourth Hand: 1.03M / 1.17M
    1.10 21/10/13 Let the Games Begin: 0.94M / 1.07M
    1.11 28/10/13 Speak of the Devil: 1.00M / ~1.10M
    1.12 04/11/13 Exigent Circumstances: 0.95M / ~1.05M
    1.13 11/11/13 Curtains: 1.10M / ~1.20M

Lost a lot of viewers from 1.1 to 1.4 but was very consistent thereafter and never dipped below a million.

Should do well tonight. CBB and Under The Dome should be around 2.1m and 1.7m for C5 tonight.
  • Options
    NeilVWNeilVW Posts: 8,635
    Forum Member
    ftv wrote: »
    Then they've got the wrong man - Richard has died:o

Whoops. My apologies to David Attenborough!
  • Options
    cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iaindb wrote: »
    Chasing Shadows down in the schedules to start Thursday 4th September at 9pm (opposite Sheridan Smith's Who Do You Think You Are? and not Mary Berry's as I thought it might have been). Four episodes so room for another 6 or 7 part series in that slot before IAC.

A quick Google of "Downton Abbey start date" brings up 21st September on the Geektown website. although I think someone on here said it was down to start on the 14th so 1 or 2 Sunday 9pm slots between The Great War and Downton.

Trailers currently being shown by ITV are for Cilla and Scott & Bailey. Imagine S&B will get Wednesdays as its done well in that slot before. (Although didn't it hold up against New Tricks in a Monday clash, previously?) Cilla is a 3-parter. Maybe they'll strip it across Sunday to Tuesday. Give part 1 a big lead-in from X Factor ready for a fight against New Tricks on the Monday.
    Cilla is on Mondays from September 15th. /
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Should do well tonight. CBB and Under The Dome should be around 2.1m and 1.7m for C5 tonight.

I have a question mark on what to predict for UTD. It can be from anywhere from 1m up until 1.9m in my opinion. It lost quite a bit throughout the first season in the UK but in 1st season in fact was very consistent in the US, it was this current 2nd season which has plummeted in the US, who knows whether the same thing happens throughout the season here.

It's a very miserable day, one of the most miserable since the start of the year, so ratings could be seen boosted across all channels. As for Ch5, I would predict 2m for CBB and 1.5m for UTD.
  • Options
    rr22rr22 Posts: 7,633
    Forum Member
    cylon6 wrote: »
    Cilla is on Mondays from September 15th. /

Surprise, surprise.
  • Options
    D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quick note that the overnights for New Tricks are irrelevant tonight due to the Scottish Independence Debate on BBC One Scotland and BBC Two for the remainder of UK.
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ..And a quick note on Sir Bruce that the BBC have confirmed he will be appearing in the Christmas SCD special which will be recorded
  • Options
    Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,194
    Forum Member

That would be great, but I think Under The Dome will be around 1.5m.
  • Options
    Ben_PainterBen_Painter Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    Quick note that the overnights for New Tricks are irrelevant tonight due to the Scottish Independence Debate on BBC One Scotland and BBC Two for the remainder of UK.

And we won't actually know what rating NT on its own will get because both sets of viewers will be mixed together.
  • Options
    iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Would expect the ratings to be up pro rata. The weather here in Oxfordshire is awful and I see from the football that it's the same in Manchester so assume the heavy rain is across a lot of the country.

BBC1 showing the tribute to Richard Attenborough at 10.30 but BBC1 Scotland are sticking with New Tricks with the tribute on Wednesday at 11.05pm.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    Salv* wrote: »
    I have a question mark on what to predict for UTD. It can be from anywhere from 1m up until 1.9m in my opinion. It lost quite a bit throughout the first season in the UK but in 1st season in fact was very consistent in the US, it was this current 2nd season which has plummeted in the US, who knows whether the same thing happens throughout the season here.

It's a very miserable day, one of the most miserable since the start of the year, so ratings could be seen boosted across all channels. As for Ch5, I would predict 2m for CBB and 1.5m for UTD.

We are more loyal over here i think. The show didn't only stop being consistent in America, but in Australia too though. I'll be watching, with the hope the show is at least over a million tonight, especially considering the inflated lead-in.
  • Options
    SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    RadioTimes are impressed by the Strictly lineup so far:

Radio Times ‏@RadioTimes 12s
    #Strictly's line-up is looking pretty good so far this year, isn't it? http://t.co/rcbsni9dNe
  • Options
    excel99excel99 Posts: 744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The same can be said for quite a few other slots on both BBC1 and BBC2
    BBC1 Scotland showed the network 1330-1730 block 30 minutes later (1400-1800)
    BBC1 Scotland had a normal news hour at 6pm
    BBC2 Scotland showed Countryfile at 1900
    BBC2 Scotland has Coast+Miranda 2030-2200 followed by a referendum debate special 2200-2240
    BBC1 Scotland are showing New Tricks at 2230

Apart from the morning/lunchtime, The Tattoo highlights, Eastenders and the 10 O'Clock News, BBC Scotland haven't followed network all day
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iaindb wrote: »
    Would expect the ratings to be up pro rata. The weather here in Oxfordshire is awful and I see from the football that it's the same in Manchester so assume the heavy rain is across a lot of the country.

BBC1 showing the tribute to Richard Attenborough at 10.30 but BBC1 Scotland are sticking with New Tricks with the tribute on Wednesday at 11.05pm.

The national regions have virtually complete autonomy in scheduling although I suspect there might be a problem if BBC1 Scotland decided to move EE to a graveyard slot (EE actually does quite well in Scotland and Northern Ireland).Personally I would like to see the BBC regions given more independence in scheduling and there is a strong argument for a 30-minute local news at 2230.
  • Options
    Philip WilsonPhilip Wilson Posts: 1,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2.2m viewers for Dr Who on BBC America, No1 on cable between 8pm and 10pm and BBC Americas highest ever series premier.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/08/25/doctor-who-delivers-highest-rated-season-premiere-ever-on-bbc-america/296441/
This discussion has been closed.