dti 6300 box wont turn on, just flashing lights then orange

CullimoreCullimore Posts: 520
Forum Member
✭✭
help

just noticed my dti 6300 250gb box shut it self down then reboot to 3 flashing leds then just sits on orange, till it reboots again and goes around in circles. left it unpluged for a while, still the same happening.

anybody know how to reset it or get it working??

cheers

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    Same thing has happen to mine.

I have 2 boxes and both have had the same problerm within about 2 hours of each other.
    The first one was in standby all night and when I went to turn it on, I realised it was orange not red and would not turn on.
    It would repeat flashing orange, with the smaller lights flashing for seconds, then the main light goes orange again, and the whole process repeats every few minutes. I read this means a failure of the software image, so I did the procedure to revert to the previous version (to 2.99 from 3.59). It then booted up and I went to the engineers menu to do a forced download to get back to 3.59. I left it on standby, and when I came to look at it again, it had gone orange with the same symptoms as before.
    I did the whole procedure again but before I got the forced download again, I reformatted the drive losing all my recordings. It worked this time, but I noticed there was a "message" saying the "new software" was out and to leave it on standby to get the upgraded software. Not sure what that is ???
    Anyway, now I have done the format and lost all my recordings (the drive was 50% full), I was watching live tv on the other box and it turned itself off and went orange with the same symptoms as the first one ??????????????

I thought maybe it was a forced download from tutv, but it hasn't come back on yet and it has been hours.
    I thought it was too much of a coincidence for both machines to get the same problem within hours, and from reading this post, it seems I was right.

What on earth have tutv done !!!!
  • psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's discussed in this thread http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1026668

Seems a reformat can revive your box - but you'll lose everything :cry:
  • CullimoreCullimore Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeah i did the reformat. lost 86% of hard drive. seems to be okay at mo. had to do the up,down,left, right on the digibox to get it going as the fix on top up tv didnt work.

anybody know if they are trying to fix this as a few people must be having this prob to be on the topup tv site.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    Apparently TUTV are working on the problem as discussed in the TUTV forum. The TUTV reset as described on their website did work for me without losing the library and retained the 3.59 software but that might be a mixed blessing.:rolleyes:

http://www.topuptv.com/help+centre/setup+and+troubleshooting/#Solid+Amber+Light

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1026668
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Hi ..Its happening to mine too..I was in another thread, but i came into this one thinking i had the wrong make..My make is Thomson DT16300..And it was OK this morning, and it went funny this afternoon, been trying to get it right..PS How do you reformat it..Same thing happens with the flashing lights , staying on Amber then flashing green , but not going red :(
    Forum Member
    This worked for me http://www.topuptv.com/help+centre/setup+and+troubleshooting/#Fail+boot+up

Managed to do it without a reformat too so kept my programmes.

Took 5 attempts so stick with it
    Forum Member
    mistabee wrote: »
    This worked for me http://www.topuptv.com/help+centre/setup+and+troubleshooting/#Fail+boot+up

Ive tried this all day,, cant seem to get it to work..I hope mine aint faulty :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    mistabee wrote: »

Yes, we had this problem as well. This restart method worked for me first time and retained the library and planned recordings.

Had me worried for a moment though...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    Am having this issue too. Have tried the software reset, and the HDD reset multiple times, but with no joy.

Any other ideas?
    Forum Member
    snaarman wrote: »
    Yes, we had this problem as well. This restart method worked for me first time and retained the library and planned recordings.

Had me worried for a moment though...

I cant even get it switch on, to get the menu up and the library..Its a pain..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    Same problem at noon today 5-5-09

Got to the library.

Pressed ok to view a programme -- and the box went off.

Pulled plug out. Put it back in. Orange light / all the usual flasing greens etc -- then just the red/orange steady light.

Will not respond to remote.

Noticed it`s still going through the same cycle over and over every few minutes.

Rang Thompson. "Please try this.." and then the line goes dead. Everytime.

Hard drive 50% full! What about my 32 episodes of `Frasier`!!!?

Help!!

Forum Member
    you have to keep pressing the buttons on the panel..I got no TV Guide at the minute..Its on abit, but you cant see whats on it, or plan any recordings..I think they are updating it..

Oh EDIT.... I have lost all my films on me library too,, and i had loads..:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    After half an hour searching this forum, went back in to check box -- and it`s come back to life on its own!

But reading through these posts guess it might only be temporary.

What did those idiots at Thompson do to cause this!?

Art

(BTW: Reset didn`t work for me. Pressing those tiny buttons at break-neck speed was beyond me.)
    Forum Member
    If u just have a solid orange light, with just the odd flicker of green and red, then u just need to revert to the old software as described in this link:-

http://www.topuptv.com/help+centre/setup+and+troubleshooting/#Solid+Amber+Light

Then u won't lose your library:)

Just imagine if we all just had a Humax, wouldn't life be boring, watching all that TV without any grief. :D:D:D

Keep it up TUTV, this forum needs u? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 142
    Forum Member
    PGS wrote: »
    Just imagine if we all just had a Humax, wouldn't life be boring, watching all that TV without any grief. :D:D:D

Keep it up TUTV, this forum needs u? :confused:

LMAO :D

Very good.... made me laugh :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,449
    Forum Member
    Mine has died too :(
    Forum Member
    Well after afew attempts on doing ''the fix'' in the front panel..Mine is ok now..but i have lost all my films i recored in the library..:(..but at least its back to normal...It did click off and reboot back up, and came back on its own, been fine since thou..:)
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We did the front panel fix, lost all our recordings but now cannot set it up to record a series, only a single programme. Any ideas as to why and how we fix it? Thanks.
    Forum Member
    We did the front panel fix, lost all our recordings but now cannot set it up to record a series, only a single programme. Any ideas as to why and how we fix it? Thanks.

Hi :) not sure on how to do that, maybe switch off and let it reboot up again, and see what happens..I don't use the ''series'' facility, i just record things daily..
  • psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You posted this before the 11:30AM EPG update. I suspect if you try now - series links now work?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    psionic wrote: »
    You posted this before the 11:30AM EPG update. I suspect if you try now - series links now work?

Thanks, I'll give it a go!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, I've just looked at the EPG, it only shows the next 7 days and tried to set up recording the series of The Mentalist, but it will only let me set it up for next Thursday's programme. I know it's a small thing, but we really have come to rely on the 'series' record option!

I'll keep my eyes on the EPG to see if it changes over the next couple of days, certainly it should be giving us 14 days and not just 7.

Thanks.
    Forum Member
    Yes - we have lost the series recording option. Is that because I had to revert the box to v2.99 software as per last weekends fiasco??

Pete
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    snaarman wrote: »
    Yes - we have lost the series recording option. Is that because I had to revert the box to v2.99 software as per last weekends fiasco??

Pete

The new EPG downloads at approx 11.30 am each day.
    If u leave your box on stand by or are watching something at that time, the new EPG should download and your series link should return.
    Forum Member
    Hi there..

I note that after I did my revert and recover button pushing thing, see above, we ended up with 2.99 on the box. It all runs ok but clearly the newer software would be better...

Q: Will TUTV eventually update us back to 3.59 off air?

Q: Should I try to recover 3.59 which sits in code image 1 according to the menus. If I did that, would I go back to the YLOD lock up we had 10 days ago. Anyone know the answers..

also

Q: Anyone know how you get it to run the other code image anyway?

Tnx

Pete