Options

Locked out of android HTC Hero phone

Callie RawstonCallie Rawston Posts: 48
Forum Member
Help!
I don't know if anyone has come across this and managed to solve it without hard wiping the phone.

Someone borrowed my phone earlier and didn't realise that the pattern I have to enter when unlocking my phone, would actually lock me out if entered that many times incorrectly. Therefore when I got the phone back it asked me to enter my gmail address and password - which I've never had before. I can only assume if I had to enter one, I used a randomly allocated one when I set it up - which I stand no chance of remembering.

So, I am now completely locked out of the phone. People can call me and I can see via a notification that I have a text/email/voicemail, but I can't access them.

If anyone knows how to fix this, I'd be grateful for any pointers, because I am seriously stuck.

Help!
Thanks. xxx

Comments

• Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. With the phone turned off, press and hold the HOME, END CALL/POWER, and BACK buttons. The reset process will start after a few seconds.

2. Wait for the phone to finish the reset process and then press MENU

WARNING - you may lose data stored on your phone
  • Options
    Callie RawstonCallie Rawston Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    1. With the phone turned off, press and hold the HOME, END CALL/POWER, and BACK buttons. The reset process will start after a few seconds.

2. Wait for the phone to finish the reset process and then press MENU

WARNING - you may lose data stored on your phone

I'd heard of this option, but I don't want to lose my text messages - which aren't backed up anywhere.

Therefore I either need another option or I need to be able to back up what is on my locked phone without it being unlocked!
  • Options
    chaos77chaos77 Posts: 769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no choice i'm afraid!