Options

X Factor 2014 Manufactured Groups *SPOILER*

MilkitaMilkita Posts: 1,089
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So they formed 2 manufactured groups out of solo acts at bootcamp and this is all information I can gather so far .. Feel free to correct it if I got anything wrong.

5 Piece Girl Group
1. Lydia Lucy
2. Saffron Silva
3. Leah Gooden (most likely since @dazgale said she is in a band)
4. ??????
5. ??????

8 Piece Boy Band (their 6 chair challenge performance got standing ovation from judges & audiences)
1. Tom Mann
2. Barclay Beales
3. Jake Sims
4. Casey Cody Johnson
5. James Graham
6. Chris Leonard
7. Reece ?????? (not sure about his last name)
8. Charlie Jone (not sure but most likely since group age range is 14-20 and this guy is 14)

I hope everyone can find out about other members of the girl group and verify the members of the boyband. Thank you !!!

Comments

• Options
    RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An 8 piece boyband!? Call me cynical but I don't think that much testosterone will work in one group. Someone will always have an ego
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robertfitz wrote: »
    An 8 piece boyband!? Call me cynical but I don't think that much testosterone will work in one group. Someone will always have an ego

Maybe they run out of idea how to make a unique band so I guess, that's how it is.

There is a popular KPOP boyband whose got more than 10 members, Super Junior and it works somehow .. Maybe cuz they all can dance ..
  • Options
    spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EIGHT? Aged 14-20?

No way will that work, at least as it is, long term.

With those ages alone only half the group will only be able to do a lot of the work due to filming restrictions on those under 16
  • Options
    earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A large group can work, as long as none of them are as lethargic as Liam Payne. It takes a lot of energy to make this work.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spkx wrote: »
    EIGHT? Aged 14-20?

No way will that work, at least as it is, long term.

With those ages alone only half the group will only be able to do a lot of the work due to filming restrictions on those under 16

I think Charlie Jones is the only 14 there, the rest of the group is 16-20.

Tom Mann is the oldest of the group if I'm not wrong. It's kinda suitable since he looks after kids and is a football coach based on his audition last year :)
    earldbest wrote: »
    A large group can work, as long as none of them are as lethargic as Liam Payne. It takes a lot of energy to make this work.

I never know Liam Payne is lethargic :D
    I hope the group works too and if it does, it's gonna be something new, something that didn't exist yet. Most of them can play guitar so I don't know if all of them are gonna play guitar and sing at some point ;)
  • Options
    zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well the last time they had a large group in the live shows it didnt go well and they went first
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well the last time they had a large group in the live shows it didnt go well and they went first

You're talking about inTENsity on X Factor USA season 1, right ?

Do they have large group on X Factor UK too ? :O
  • Options
    zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Milkita wrote: »
    You're talking about inTENsity on X Factor USA season 1, right ?

Do they have large group on X Factor UK too ? :O

Yea on one of the earlier season they had a group of family members about 6/7 think there were called unconventionals
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yea on one of the earlier season they had a group of family members about 6/7 think there were called unconventionals

Oh thank you, I just checked them out on YouTube and they aren't even marketable at all, they are around 30-40s and it's not gonna click with audiences :)

The only worry about 8 piece boy band is they might end up like inTENsity in X Factor USA season 1 .. Likeable but bit messy on stage ..

Anyway, I just found out another member of girl group,
    pjh8 wrote: »

And this is her twitter - https://twitter.com/SavannahOReilly

Female One Direction ? I hope it works :p

Updated

5 Piece Girl Group
    1. Lydia Lucy
    2. Saffron Silva
    3. Leah Gooden (most likely since @dazgale said she is in a band)
    4. Savannah O Reilly (the press & the fact that judges put her through with audiences' boo in arena audition)
    5. ??????

8 Piece Boy Band (their 6 chair challenge performance got standing ovation from judges & audiences)
    1. Tom Mann
    2. Barclay Beales
    3. Jake Sims
    4. Casey Cody Johnson
    5. James Graham
    6. Chris Leonard
    7. Charlie Jones (confirmed by a contestant that he was put into the band)
    8. Reece ?????? (not sure about his last name)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    I never really take to the manufactured groups. It seems contrived and as if they're getting extra encouragement. I dont see how an eight piece band would work, but never underestimate the teen voters.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never really take to the manufactured groups. It seems contrived and as if they're getting extra encouragement. I dont see how an eight piece band would work, but never underestimate the teen voters.

That's true, 8 members sound alot to me, I don't really know how it will work but we will need to wait and see how it will be translated on TV ..

And here it is, updated list for members of the boyband,

1. Tom Mann
    2. Barclay Beales
    3. Jake Sims
    4. Casey Cody Johnson
    5. James Graham
    6. Chris Leonard
    7. Reece Bibby
    8. Charlie Jones

All these names are 99% confirmed. Feel free to correct anything if I'm wrong.
  • Options
    SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    This is so boring. Every ****ing year
  • Options
    Xfactor_VoiceGuXfactor_VoiceGu Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    Does anybody know whether Amelia O'connell got through in a group or either solo? I seen her and 6 other girls in a group photo and I thought surely they can't be doing a 7 piece girl group.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHVwjHyi9q8

A video of her on the voice, hopefully you's will recognize her.
    I will be extremely upset if she doesn't get through as I bought her album and her voice is extremely incredible. Her voice isn't as strong as Leona's but her range actually is as big (maybe bigger, idk. I've not measured it)
  • Options
    Charlie_TrenchCharlie_Trench Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's always the same!

Girl groups + Boy groups from 4-5+ solo artists being put together! It's OLD NEWS!

How tedious to have another interviewer saying to a new bunch of people "so you were solo artists and then you became a group and it just worked - you all get on!"

Pfffttt! No thanks!

Unless it was like a mixed gender group like 3 guys and 3 girls in the one group or something. Or 3 guys 2 girls or 2 guys and 3 girls in the one group.

Not like Steps, S Club 7 etc that was the old cheesy days. Something modern.

We don't have any cool, modern mixed gender groups. That would be at least a bit more refreshing!
  • Options
    mgiudamgiuda Posts: 800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The girl group is cut and did not make judges homes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's always the same!

Girl groups + Boy groups from 4-5+ solo artists being put together! It's OLD NEWS!

How tedious to have another interviewer saying to a new bunch of people "so you were solo artists and then you became a group and it just worked - you all get on!"

Pfffttt! No thanks!

Unless it was like a mixed gender group like 3 guys and 3 girls in the one group or something. Or 3 guys 2 girls or 2 guys and 3 girls in the one group.

Not like Steps, S Club 7 etc that was the old cheesy days. Something modern.

We don't have any cool, modern mixed gender groups. That would be at least a bit more refreshing!

To make mixed group works, it's really hard, I believe.

Australian version had their 1st manufactured mixed group ''Third D3gree'' and it works on the show but after the show, it seems everyone tears apart since their friendship wasn't that real as the way same gender piece groups work.

I think formula to make mixed group is that either they know each other very well or at least have some friendship. You can check out ''Only The Young'', the mixed group auditionee this season, all of them got along so well and that's why it works.

Hopefully, they might consider forming mixed group next season if Only The Young works on the show ;)

I'm kinda interested to see how 8 piece band is gonna work and I hope I'm not the only one :)
  • Options
    siriusrosesiriusrose Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do the 8 piece boyband dance? There are plenty of massive boybands (and girl groups) in the world who have lots of members and I think their strong point is visually, dancing and performances can look really unique and strong. K-pop have good examples of this. If they all stand there and try and harmonise I can see it looking silly and not working, it'll just come across 3 members too many.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Definitely interested in seeing how the 8-piece works, if at all... that's something a bit novel and as said reminds me of k-pop...

With Louis given the category they probably don't have high hopes, though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nissl wrote: »
    Definitely interested in seeing how the 8-piece works, if at all... that's something a bit novel and as said reminds me of k-pop...

With Louis given the category they probably don't have high hopes, though.

Louis got Union J to 4th place & last year got 2 boys to finale ..

I don't think they dance, tho since most of them play guitar & sing .. They are acoustic kinda guys .. Maybe acoustic pop/rock band ..
  • Options
    gorgeousgirlgorgeousgirl Posts: 5,031
    Forum Member
    I don't like the idea of the boyband being 14-20 year olds at all. To me it seems like a disaster waiting to happen, surely the older lads are going to be bonding by going on nights out and to the pub where as obviously the younger ones (especially the 14 year old) are going to be excluded from this. Then if they do hit it off they're gonna be limited to where and when they can perform if the younger ones are too young to perform in certain venues or their education gets in the way of dates. Also if it was me I'm not sure I'd be happy In a band made up of kids 6 years younger than me, it'd feel like I was babysitting my little sister or something. I'd have just kept it with 4/5 of the older guys and told the younger ones to try again when they're older but we shall see how they work. I may be wrong.
  • Options
    earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't think they dance, tho since most of them play guitar & sing .. They are acoustic kinda guys .. Maybe acoustic pop/rock band ..

Any acoustic shizz will not work because there will be plenty of ballast left over during every performance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like the idea of the boyband being 14-20 year olds at all. To me it seems like a disaster waiting to happen, surely the older lads are going to be bonding by going on nights out and to the pub where as obviously the younger ones (especially the 14 year old) are going to be excluded from this. Then if they do hit it off they're gonna be limited to where and when they can perform if the younger ones are too young to perform in certain venues or their education gets in the way of dates. Also if it was me I'm not sure I'd be happy In a band made up of kids 6 years younger than me, it'd feel like I was babysitting my little sister or something. I'd have just kept it with 4/5 of the older guys and told the younger ones to try again when they're older but we shall see how they work. I may be wrong.

I don't think all of them are allowed to go pub at night when they are on the show :O

Anyway, the oldest one is Tom Mann, 20, he is a kid football coach and he brought alot of kids to audition last year which means he knows well how to get along with little kid so he might get along with these guys too :D

As far as I'm stalking right now, they only got 2 members who are 14 & 15, the rest of them are 17-20 :)

But I can't say much about this since we haven't seen them yet but most of them already tweet each other and seem like they are getting along. Especially, older lads kinda call 14 years old like little brother. Let's just be optimistic right now :)
    earldbest wrote: »
    Any acoustic shizz will not work because there will be plenty of ballast left over during every performance.

Well, we still don't know yet what kind of artist they are gonna be .. But if Luke Friend works, this group is gonna work too, they are probably like Luke Friend version but as a group :D
  • Options
    AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd have liked a mixed group too. JEM from Swedish X Factor are amazing.

Fingers crossed for Only The Young
  • Options
    ThiswillbefunThiswillbefun Posts: 10,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No one got anyone to anywhere because the whole thing is pre-fixed. Louis just sits there reading his script, as do all the other judges, to convince the Proles who they like & dislike. The editing, song-choice, staging, back stage comments etc does the rest.
  • Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Barclay Beales isn't the yodeller from last year is he :confused:;-)

I can't see an eight piece boy band working. It's hard enough to remember names in a smaller group (that's why JLS used different colours, to help people remember who's who).

Plus you're only going to have one (maybe two) singing lead, so the rest are going to be used for the background.

The only advantage is if any of them forget the words, it will likely go unnoticed (unless they are singing lead of course) ;-)

EDIT: Regarding only one or two singing lead, they tried everyone singing a bit with the Unconventionals and it was a disaster (remember week 1) ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQY1aHu8qzw