Options

Don't Tell the Bride Series 7 - BBC 3

riannerianne Posts: 1,074
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Couldn't see a thread for the new series.

Anyone watching?

Anyone see last weeks episode? What did you think?

Comments

• Options
    CardioCortezCardioCortez Posts: 11,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watching it on BBC now. Does anybody know where the money comes from that the grooms spend on the weddings?

Curious because last week the grooms spent a whack of money going to Thailand for the suits/dress/stag night. This week the stag's night took place in a strip club in London whilst the hen's party was two days worth of activities. Quite a lot of money not spent on the actual wedding (it can be argued to be a part of the wedding, but the priorities of these grooms in particular aren't right).
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why do the brides and particularly the bridesmaids become so objectionable when the camera's on them? I wouldn't be friends with them at all. Dreadful attitudes!
  • Options
    topcat3topcat3 Posts: 3,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The money comes from the bbc. £12k
  • Options
    gorgeousgirlgorgeousgirl Posts: 5,031
    Forum Member
    Not watched last weeks yet but I saw last nights. I like it when the brides are gracious and wear the dress no matter what but I think even I'd be fuming if he spend £2000 on giant animals and got my dress off eBay.
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,944
    Forum Member
    Yeah, £12k. Has been £12k since the start which is starting to annoy me.
  • Options
    pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The concept of the show in itself is flawed as there is nothing stopping the couple from describing their dream wedding to each other, then applying for the show and the husband doing it as they have agreed whilst the wife acts like its not what she wants at all for the cameras. Then at the end there's the drama of not liking everything which helps make "good TV" and then the always dependable "I don't care, as long as I have you" part when the bride has "calmed down".

Anyway, if these people are engaged and the wedding a few weeks away, they'd surely have talked about what they want anyway and/or made plans and the husbands should use the opportunity, as well as the free £12,000 to do exactly what the couple want. If he uses it for silly things and stuff that the bride won't like, that's more a statement about their relationship and the type of person the husband is more than anything!
  • Options
    HarkAtHerHarkAtHer Posts: 2,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paddy C wrote: »
    the wife acts like its not what she wants at all for the cameras. Then at the end there's the drama of not liking everything which helps make "good TV" and then the always dependable "I don't care, as long as I have you" part when the bride has "calmed down".

Yes, the formula's getting a bit threadbare now.

Like any reality programme this will be produced down to the last detail. The producers will coax every last bit of info out of the groom to make it look like his idea ('Where did you guys meet? At the council dump? Great, ever thought of getting married there?')

As well as the inevitable soppy ending, there's always the mad mate who's closer to the groom than the bride will ever be. His role is to push the groom to be really selfish, have a theme the bride will hate and go on a krazy stag do. And of course no-one ever discusses menus, photographers, seating plans, cakes, music or any of the other million things a wedding involves.

But everybody gets their 50 minutes of fame I guess, and that's what it's all about.
  • Options
    Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    I remember reading somewhere that the production crew interfere to make it more dramatic. There was a claim by one couple that they purposly delayed a dress getting to the bride but made it look like it was the mans fault. Im sure somewhere else there was some claim about transport being diverted or something to make it more dramatic.

I agree though you would agree beforehand what to do. I know i would.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The concept of the show in itself is flawed as there is nothing stopping the couple from describing their dream wedding to each other, then applying for the show and the husband doing it as they have agreed whilst the wife acts like its not what she wants at all for the cameras. Then at the end there's the drama of not liking everything which helps make "good TV" and then the always dependable "I don't care, as long as I have you" part when the bride has "calmed down".

Anyway, if these people are engaged and the wedding a few weeks away, they'd surely have talked about what they want anyway and/or made plans and the husbands should use the opportunity, as well as the free £12,000 to do exactly what the couple want. If he uses it for silly things and stuff that the bride won't like, that's more a statement about their relationship and the type of person the husband is more than anything!

Trust me, i'd say in at least 75% the couple clearly haven't discussed it beforehand.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not watched last weeks yet but I saw last nights. I like it when the brides are gracious and wear the dress no matter what but I think even I'd be fuming if he spend £2000 on giant animals and got my dress off eBay.

Agreed!
    It wouldn't surprise me if the producers this series have been pushing for the grooms to find their bride's dress on Ebay/Abroad e.t.c to create more drama.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    I've only watched the one from a couple of weeks ago when the guy went to Thailand to get the dress, spent a fortune and ended up having to get a second dress because the first one was ruined! I usually think the brides should just wear the dress if it's been chosen but in this case I can understand why she was fuming!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So in the previous two episodes, the grooms have blown BBC money on the stag do. Haha. Kinda not the point of the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's to stop somebody pretending to get married, spending say 10k on a venue (which their mate owns and basically just holds the 10k for then), get everything else on the cheap then once the crew have gone, split the 10k?

Anybody want to get married? Haha
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What's to stop somebody pretending to get married, spending say 10k on a venue (which their mate owns and basically just holds the 10k for then), get everything else on the cheap then once the crew have gone, split the 10k?

Anybody want to get married? Haha

I would say there has to be a legal marriage at the end of it.

What i would do is go on there with my oh pretending i wanted a big traditional wedding and get him to plan a vegas wedding.

That way you get a free holiday. Probably have to spend our own money for spending money but its the easiest way. You could pretty much lump anything you wanted to do as the "wedding".

The bloke who did that had the right idea as he had his stag do there :o imagine the cost of doing that yourself! Shame the bride got in a strop about it but i wouldve been happy with it!

I think the people who plan the abroad weddings get the best deal out of the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So in the previous two episodes, the grooms have blown BBC money on the stag do. Haha. Kinda not the point of the show.

Sort of the point. The point is to have a wedding and no-one could argue that the stag and hen do aren't major parts of a wedding these days.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sort of the point. The point is to have a wedding and no-one could argue that the stag and hen do aren't major parts of a wedding these days.

I did say that in my first post about it being part of the wedding.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I did say that in my first post about it being part of the wedding.

So what's the issue with them spending money on a stag do then?
  • Options
    ChateauMarmontChateauMarmont Posts: 2,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is the exact types of things we say when we sit and watch it!

I mean even when we watch it we talk about the type of wedding we would like and I'm sure brides would have made the groom aware of what she wants. It's sensationalism and either the story of a selfish groom or a bride who acts like it wasn't her perfect wedding.

On a side not, the guy who went to Thailand was an utter prick!
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member

So Verity planned it so Scott buys a Dress on ebay, from China, a size to small - I'm always amazed by the Brides who agree to take part in this show - but in most cases, they end up liking the day - the Vegas one, being one of the crazies ones, that went very wrong....the Thorpe Park one, enough. Yes, you would think they would workout what they wanted, but it never does.

Apart from the dress this week - it turned out very well and a great ad for the Eden project too.
    This is the exact types of things we say when we sit and watch it!

I mean even when we watch it we talk about the type of wedding we would like and I'm sure brides would have made the groom aware of what she wants. It's sensationalism and either the story of a selfish groom or a bride who acts like it wasn't her perfect wedding.

I don't know him, but I live about 10 minutes from his Flat {brother in law even managed him in the local football team} and less than 100 yards from his flat, is a Bridle Shop, one more, just round the corner.
  • Options
    StarryNight1983StarryNight1983 Posts: 4,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Just goes to show he knows nothing about his bride after such a short time together!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Maybe they should give them 12k each (not in real money as such) and pet them book everything seperately. The catch is they only get to keep what theyve both booked similar. Everything else they have to pay for if they want it. See how well they know each other then.

If he books a hen do for her at a local spa but she plans on going on a club crawl then they dont get that paid for. If he books a hotel for the ceremony and she does too then they win that part.

I much prefer that wedding show where two constrasting couples have to plan a joint wedding where every detail is the same otherwise they dont get a wedding at all. You get goths paired up with princesses trying to come to a compromise between pink puffy dresses and death metal rock bands for entertainment.
  • Options
    WishesWishes Posts: 332
    Forum Member
    People who failed getting on BB want to be on this show. Fame ****.
  • Options
    BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched this week's episode and am gob smacked how unsupportive the bride's friends and family were and I was glad to see the numpty groom triumph in such style!

It was big of her Mum to say in the end it was probably the best wedding she'd ever been to, but her big sister...
  • Options
    AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    Omg Nicole and Sean. Not sure who's worse the groom or the best man
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The best man! Though the groom comes second for not sticking up for himself.

How the groom could even consider that guy as being best man is beyond belief. I guess we had an insight as to why the bride did not like him.