Options

Does Anyone Else Feel UNDERWHELMED about the new season of X - Factor

radiofan4radiofan4 Posts: 370
Forum Member
Despite the million pound advertising and updates of last years contestants..... I feel throughly underwhelmed about the new series. I really don't care about the show anymore.:(

Comments

• Options
    KingsyKingsy Posts: 1,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's not even been any audition footage trailed. I think they're banking on word of mouth.
  • Options
    ForeversacredxForeversacredx Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    No, I'm all hyped up! :D
  • Options
    MilkitaMilkita Posts: 1,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope, I'm totally hyped and excited for this season !!!

Maybe another preview of contestants would make more hype, I guess ;D
  • Options
    Grof_GriffGrof_Griff Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    Kingsy wrote: »
    There's not even been any audition footage trailed. I think they're banking on word of mouth.

There is: new trailer with audition footage has aired and GMB, Lorraine and This Morning have all been hyping it up with more clips and interviews and behind-the-scenes footage.

As a result, I couldn't disagree more with the thread title ;-)
  • Options
    BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member
    The people saying they can't wait are likely XF/reality tv super fans. Tbh I think the general population are underwhelmed and fed up of the show because it's the same thing every year which I think will once again be reflected in the audience viewing figures.
  • Options
    jude007jude007 Posts: 2,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The people saying they can't wait are likely XF/reality tv super fans. Tbh I think the general population are underwhelmed and fed up of the show because it's the same thing every year which I think will once again be reflected in the audience viewing figures.

Totally agree X Factor had its day years ago and its Simon Cowell ego that keeps it going!!

Why oh Why he brought back that cheap shank I will never know. I really don't know how she can actually sit there and judge someone on their singing. I suppose she most know where the bodies are buried as she not there for her talent.
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel the same, and have also noticed that there doesn't seem to be as much hype about this series starting as their usually is. I was expecting all manner of publicity stunts to ensure front pages, but there's been nothing. It's quite strange actually.
  • Options
    wordfromthewisewordfromthewise Posts: 2,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its a moderately entertaining Saturday night TV show............the hype is strictly for idiots and doesn't interest me at all............I tend to watch it when it goes out live as I can't bear the contrived humour of the bad auditions etc.........the biggest mistake is how it is built up into some kind of phenomenon when it is just a TV show....puts plenty of people off.
  • Options
    Marti SMarti S Posts: 5,794
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure I will be able to tolerate Mel B.

When she guested last year she was just rude and lacked any constructive criticism, just criticism for the sake of it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,430
    Forum Member
    After going to see the boys at bootcamp, I'm underwhelmed too. There's not a lot of talent this year.
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm underwhelmed as it's not about talent anymore. Not that it ever was, but it's just becoming worse each year. There's nothing on tv at the moment so it will be something to watch, but I'll get fed up of it quickly. My favourite parts of the series are the room auditions and the bootcamp group task (not the 6 chair challenge). These are the parts where we see the acts raw and get to hear them actually sing properly. I hate the arena auditions and the live shows as the crowd influence the judges descisions and the acts are dressed up in stupid outfits and given ridiculous songs to sing. Any originality they had in their room audition is completely stripped away. Also, I went to the 6 chair challenge filming this year and saw what a total fix it is, which makes me even more underwhelmed!
  • Options
    StratusSphereStratusSphere Posts: 2,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm neutral. I'm not underwhelmed entirely by it yet; but I do admit I watch it more nowadays (or follow it, let's be honest, I don't sit through a whole show anymore when it's got ten minutes of acts and five of ad breaks off and on, partly because I don't have a TV but still) to try and spot when the producers are trying to make us, the viewers, think or vote a certain way, and to see the manipulation and who's not playing ball, than to actually watch the contestants.

The clear manipulation, repetitive song choices and blatant trying to recreate 'moments' and manufactured drama has genuinely made me stop caring about the contestants. The stories and the sobs don't get to me at all or inspire me anymore; even if they are real god bless I'm too used to fake ones to take them seriously.

The last contestant I genuinely cared about was Misha B and that's a while ago now.
  • Options
    SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    X what?
  • Options
    hilduffluvahilduffluva Posts: 3,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope i am more hyped up ever! The last time I was this hyped for XF was back in 2010! I dunno i think the fact that both Simon and Chezza are back and MEL B who I LOVED on XF AUS, I think this is going to be a good year!
  • Options
    mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    Marti S wrote: »
    I'm not sure I will be able to tolerate Mel B.

When she guested last year she was just rude and lacked any constructive criticism, just criticism for the sake of it.

shes not very likeable. maybe a mrs nasty ! all she says on americas got talent is ..'you were bl++dy awful or you was bl++dy brilliant !
    X factor was fun when it first started, you got a good laugh at the funny ones but its all been done now. Why Louis Walsh ? Why Dermot?
    Cant stand the singers or the songs they choose. Apart from that i will probs watch!
  • Options
    achroachro Posts: 3,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel the same, and have also noticed that there doesn't seem to be as much hype about this series starting as their usually is. I was expecting all manner of publicity stunts to ensure front pages, but there's been nothing. It's quite strange actually.

Um, I guess you missed Cheryl's little well-timed wedding stunt, then?
  • Options
    paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not looking forward to the Simon and Cheryl show again, dislike gobby Mel b, and as it is all about the judges anyway, I can't get excited. I will watch once the live shows start, hopefully there will be some decent acts.
  • Options
    d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    I was looking forward to it, then I read this
    The former Girls Aloud star, 31, dominates Saturday’s show as hopefuls line up to tell her how much they love her.

Then you realise it's going to become the Cheryl show again and I can't think of anything worse.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/x-factor-mel-b-left-4124978#ixzz3Bs1vZJRq
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to seeing Simon back and seeing how horrible Mel B can be (there needs to be someone who will just tell it like it is!) and Cheryl and Louis; I don't mind either of them and it will be nice to see them both.
  • Options
    earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Usually, you need to watch something before you deem it underwhelming. Since the series has yet to air as of your post, I don't know what you're doing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    Underwhelmed ?! UNDERWHELMED !?

Simon Cowel was best mates with Max Clifford, who was found guilty of eight indecent assaults on women and girls as young as 15. And also Jonathan King, found guilty of four offences of indecent assault, one of buggery and one of attempted buggery against five boys aged 14 and 15 during the 1980s. And let's not forget, Simon bailed-out Jonathan. Simon keeps some lovely company, I hang on his every word. He obviously has EXCELLENT judgement on people. Oh, and do I smell roses!? Then we have the lovely Cheryl, convicted of assault against a black nightclub toilet attendant!

What a delightful range of characters to grace our screens tonight. I cannot wait!

How on EARTH can you be UNDERWHELMED !!!???

YOU SHOULD BE DEEPLY DEPRESSED !!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    Actually very excited. The return of Simon and Cheryl, a promising new addition of Mel B and......well, Louis. But after three years of dwindling interest, it feels like the show could be getting back to what made it great. Can't wait for 8pm.
  • Options
    SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Underwhelmed is putting it lightly, I'd say more on the lines of downright manipulating to the highest degree.
  • Options
    zolugzolug Posts: 2,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am holding my hand up.:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    Is Simon Cowell a midget? (a small person, not sure of the correct term). Apols.