Options

GMTV homage or otherwise threads

littlefrolittlefro Posts: 3,119
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I think we've about got everyone that's major covered. Can we do the lesser ones now. I find Matt Arnold a bit disturbing. He's got that sweaty thing about him that put's him in the creepy category, up there with Peter Mandleson. Matt has a girlfriend and I think kids so I'm not saying he's gay. He's just a bit odd.

Richard Gaisford. Quietly does the job, and only appears to get a word in when scripted or allowed. I kind of feel sorry for him, but then he's probably on good money so I won't feel too obliged.

Cordelia Kretzsmar, good on you girl. Money for old rope.

And as for that fool that pops up once in a while doing those stupid comic reports. Grr... :mad: I can't remember his name, perhaps it's just as well.

Comments

• Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What happened to that girl Donna somebody ? She seemed quite good at show bizzy stories but suddenly disappeared.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Donna who? I think she disappeared just before Carla Romana came onto the scene.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isn't she on maternity leave? :D
  • Options
    Sam TylerSam Tyler Posts: 172
    Forum Member
    littlefro wrote:
    Donna who? I think she disappeared just before Carla Romana came onto the scene.

tranny girl of the year who won euro crud for israel alledgedly :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keith Chegwin is so ridiculously chirpy in the mornings, you have to wonder if he's one of those TV people who are nice in public then complete bar stewards when the camera is turned off.

Carla Romana is not a tranny. Everything looks as it should. From this side of the TV screen I hasten to add :o
  • Options
    tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    littlefro wrote:
    I think we've about got everyone that's major covered. Can we do the lesser ones now. I find Matt Arnold a bit disturbing. He's got that sweaty thing about him that put's him in the creepy category, up there with Peter Mandleson. Matt has a girlfriend and I think kids so I'm not saying he's gay. He's just a bit odd.

Richard Gaisford. Quietly does the job, and only appears to get a word in when scripted or allowed. I kind of feel sorry for him, but then he's probably on good money so I won't feel too obliged.

Cordelia Kretzsmar, good on you girl. Money for old rope.

And as for that fool that pops up once in a while doing those stupid comic reports. Grr... :mad: I can't remember his name, perhaps it's just as well.

Do you mean Richard Mackney or somebody? he is on all this week
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah him, jeez he's annoying, and he tries to hard to be funny. :mad:
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Richard Mackney - is that his name? Ah, yes, he's the one who they dig out for the Bank Holidays, Christmas and New Year. :D

Incidentally I saw him doing one of his nonsensical reports on Easter Monday. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank goodness this is his last day. I suppose I didn't mind all those eccentrics he's given us for the week, it's his irrating trying too hard to be funny presentation that gets to me.

Sue Jameson, can't she afford a new coat? That pink one is beginning to look a bit shabby. She's been established on the show long enough so how come she doesn't get a stylist or a clothes budget?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The guy is not funny at all. He tries to be 'eccentric' but just ends up looking like a right tool.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, and there's another BH weekend coming up soon so I guess he'll be interrupting my news lite coverage yet again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hilary this morning is beginning to be more Doctor than Showbiz. His pieces of late have had him showing proper interest in the subject rather being a mouthpiece for someone else's research.
  • Options
    Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you mean Richard Mackney or somebody? he is on all this week

I think Richard Mackney (sp?) is FANTASTIC - he really makes me laugh - although I do think that "a little goes a long way" - we don't see him that often. He made a comment to Penny the other morning about her picking up young men at night on the internet - I think she took it with the same humour that I did ?? :D
  • Options
    familytreefamilytree Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    littlefro wrote:
    Hilary this morning is beginning to be more Doctor than Showbiz. His pieces of late have had him showing proper interest in the subject rather being a mouthpiece for someone else's research.

Yes, he surprised me with the honesty of his comments.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nit picking a bit, but how come Kate was flown over to Portugal when Matt Arnold was doing a good enough job reporting on missing Madeline.

The family have indeed said that they want their case to stay in the news, I think Matt had it just right giving us the facts available and trying to steer clear of speculation without good reason, and also without the doom and gloom air that GMTV are usually capable of.

Well, thanks Kate for bringing on that doom and gloom coverage this morning. Plus she appeared to be so tired and that's why she made so many flusters in her delivery.

I'm not a Matt Arnold fan, but thought it was a bit out of order to bring in a heavyweight when he was doing just fine, the way the family wanted.
  • Options
    fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member
    littlefro wrote: »
    Nit picking a bit, but how come Kate was flown over to Portugal when Matt Arnold was doing a good enough job reporting on missing Madeline.

The family have indeed said that they want their case to stay in the news, I think Matt had it just right giving us the facts available and trying to steer clear of speculation without good reason, and also without the doom and gloom air that GMTV are usually capable of.

Well, thanks Kate for bringing on that doom and gloom coverage this morning. Plus she appeared to be so tired and that's why she made so many flusters in her delivery.

I'm not a Matt Arnold fan, but thought it was a bit out of order to bring in a heavyweight when he was doing just fine, the way the family wanted.

I think the great and the good at GMTV decided that a "Mother" was needed over there to give a "Mother's perspective" and that poor family have enough to cope with without Fiona "patronising" Phillips hopping around the resort.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good point, I never thought of that. Still doesn't change that I think previously the rest of the coverage had some hope to it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It could have been worse - they might have sent Fiona over there instead. No doubt she would have put her foot in it (yet again) with another tactless remark.