The Dark Knight RISES Official Thread

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tweets coming in of peoples reactions to third trailer.

Looks like we'll get it with The Avengers. (although it'll likely coincide with the US release not UK)
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Warner Bros. has just confirmed that the new trailer for Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises will in fact be attached to Marvel's future blockbuster, The Avengers.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heavenly wrote: »
    Everyone I know that is a Batman fan loves Bale. Ok, that's only a few people but just saying. :D

Only issue I have is his batman voice.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    Warner Bros. has just confirmed that the new trailer for Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises will in fact be attached to Marvel's future blockbuster, The Avengers.

The UK are very poor with new trailers, the new TDKR teaser was meant to be released with the last Harry Potter film (which I saw twice) but it never came up.

Is this gonna coincide with the UK release or the US release?
    Forum Member
    US.

Rumoured to focus on Selina Kyle.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've come round to the idea of Hatheaway playing her now.
    Forum Member
    http://www.eventcinemas.com.au/Movie/The-Dark-Knight-Rises

>> Main Cast - Christian Bale, Anne Hathaway, Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine, Gary Oldman, Tom Hardy
    Length 2hrs 40min
    Director - Christopher Nolan

The third and final instalment in Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy sees the Dark Knight (Christian Bale) facing off against the super-strong terrorist Bane (Tom Hardy) and the enigmatic Catwoman (Anne Hathaway). Taking place eight years after the events of The Dark Knight, Gotham city revels in some long-awaited peace. Yet Selina Kyle (Hathaway) whispers that this is merely the calm to a chaotic criminal storm. Still pinned for Harvey Dent’s crimes, Batman is forced to return to the city as a wanted fugitive in order to prevent the fall of Gotham, as well as the rise of Bane. <<

2h40m seems about right.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The UK are very poor with new trailers, the new TDKR teaser was meant to be released with the last Harry Potter film (which I saw twice) but it never came up.

Is this gonna coincide with the UK release or the US release?

The US release date of The Avengers is the 4th May though so don't reckon it'll show until then at least here
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.eventcinemas.com.au/Movie/The-Dark-Knight-Rises

>> Main Cast - Christian Bale, Anne Hathaway, Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine, Gary Oldman, Tom Hardy
    Length 2hrs 40min
    Director - Christopher Nolan

The third and final instalment in Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy sees the Dark Knight (Christian Bale) facing off against the super-strong terrorist Bane (Tom Hardy) and the enigmatic Catwoman (Anne Hathaway). Taking place eight years after the events of The Dark Knight, Gotham city revels in some long-awaited peace. Yet Selina Kyle (Hathaway) whispers that this is merely the calm to a chaotic criminal storm. Still pinned for Harvey Dent’s crimes, Batman is forced to return to the city as a wanted fugitive in order to prevent the fall of Gotham, as well as the rise of Bane. <<

2h40m seems about right.

At the bottom it says early reports are calling the film flawless... :confused::confused: Where the hell do these reports come from?

Edit: I mean at the bottom of this report http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/dark-knight-rises-close-hours-long/
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With it being reported TDKR is 2hrs 40mins long comes news that the film will have over 1hrs worth of footage shot in pure IMAX. Interesting!
    When Mr. Nolan's "The Dark Knight Rises" opens July 20, it will contain the most IMAX footage ever for a Hollywood feature, more than one hour's worth. There were 40 minutes of such footage in 2008's "The Dark Knight"—which set box-office records in its opening weekend.
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304299304577347940832511540.html
  • wildphantom!wildphantom! Posts: 561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    With it being reported TDKR is 2hrs 40mins long comes news that the film will have over 1hrs worth of footage shot in pure IMAX. Interesting!

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304299304577347940832511540.html

Yeah I'm going to see it at the Cities Science Centre, judging by the prologue it will be one hell of a ride in IMAX! I wonder if they've started taking bookings?
  • 2Legit2Quit2Legit2Quit Posts: 4,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is the release date July 20th in the UK? With TDK we had to wait a week after the US. :confused:
    Forum Member
    Is the release date July 20th in the UK?

Yes :D
    Forum Member
    http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2012/04/movies-that-might-have-been-batman.html

Lucky this didn't happen. Nicholas Cage as Scarecrow? :eek:
  • 2Legit2Quit2Legit2Quit Posts: 4,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes :D

Nice one, I'll book the day off work. :cool:
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't wait!! Bale and Hardy...apart from the fact I love Batman anyway........can I be shallow for a second...? :cool::D
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sh!t , wish we still had an IMAX .
    Forum Member
    Cinema Blend has posted their description of The Dark Knight Rises footage that was shown at today's Warner Bros. presentation at Las Vegas' Cinema Con.

One of the many things that people are commenting on is that Bane's voice has drastically improved since the prologue was screened months ago, and despite Nolan claiming he wouldn't alter the voice. Although Cinema Blend thinks the advanced technology is what might have been the reason for the improvement in Bane's voice being more clear.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All the reaction to the footage is extremely positive!!

Some Twitter reactions -
    @firstshowing Just saw ~5 mins of TDKR footage at CinemaCon. OMFG! Avengers, you got nothing on this.
    @StaxIGN TDKR footage rocked. Man, they really are playing up the finality of this chapter. Even the dialogue chosen was cryptic
    @EriktheMovieman THE DARK KNIGHT RISES epic extended trailer that WB showed at #cinemacon today is going to knock people on their asses with anticipation.
    @slashfilm The Dark Knight Rises footage was explosive and awesome.
    Adam Shankman followed Nolan on the stage to show raucous scenes from New Line's summer musical Rock of Ages. "I'm older than he is, but I want to be Christopher Nolan when I grow up. After I saw the footage, I just looked at him and said, 'You f---er, that is some bad ass shit,'" Shankman added.

Here is a description of the footage if anyone is interested -
    The clips began with an extended scene of Bane (played by Inception’s Tom Hardy) and his crew hijacking a plane in an innovative way. Then it cuts to a series of shots showing Christian Bale as an aging — and perhaps ailing — Batman. (This film is set eight years after 2008′s The Dark Knight.)

Bale has sunken eyes; he looks pale and haggard, and uses a cane. By comparison, Michael Caine’s Alfred appears as if he hasn’t aged a day. “Don’t worry, Master Wayne,” the butler reassures him later in the footage. “It takes a little time to get back in the swing of things.”

Anne Hathaway’s Selina Kyle (a.k.a. Catwoman) is a maid working in Wayne Manor. On screen, she is nearly skewered by a crossbow arrow Bruce appears to be firing in his dining room. Nolan doesn’t include much dialogue here, but we see the maid leaving the mansion and peeling off her uniform as her demeanor changes, Keyser Söze-style.

There are several shots of Joseph Gordon-Levitt prowling through decimated city streets with a gun drawn. Exactly how his Gotham cop John Blake fits into the story remain under wraps, though.

As Bale sports the bat ears, and Hathaway dons the cat ears, the two costumed characters confront each other. “You’ve given them everything,” she says.

“Not everything. Not yet,” he growls back.

Just what that means, what goal she’s working toward, or who exactly “them” is, is left mysterious.

An explosion seals off downtown Gotham, allowing an army of infiltrators – or maybe just the dispossessed — to lay waste to the privileged class of the city while police, and even Batman, are helpless to stop it. Unlike many popcorn blockbusters, TDKR is unafraid of civilian casualties of the villain’s plot.

Source - http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/04/24/the-dark-knight-rises-cinemacon-2012/
    Forum Member
    Want this film now :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.batman-on-film.com/TDKRises_news_CinemaCon-2012_4-24-12.html

Another article from the event.

This quote in particular sounds great -
    there was an incredible shot of Gordon lighting a road flare while searching for Batman, only for The Dark Knight to oblige his old friend, emerging from the smoke. You'll have to see it to understand just how amazing this shot looks.

and also....
    THE DARK KNIGHT RISES truly looks like the very best of Christopher Nolan's already legendary era of the franchise. There is a small, but visible ray of light at the end of the tunnel for Batman, but that just appears to be a freight train headed his way. That freight train has a name, and it is Bane.
  • adamo8adamo8 Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    I really hope this is better then the dark knight. I thought it was good but after Heath Ledger Died i think it got beefed up to much.
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Want this film now :o

Don't be greedy, Barca then Batman.....you can wait! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has the new trailer not come out yet? I thought a Selina one was due to air before all The Avengers showings?
  • 00tommo00tommo Posts: 2,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has the new trailer not come out yet? I thought a Selina one was due to air before all The Avengers showings?

Think its out next week in America when The Avengers comes out there.