Family Guy (Season 10, US Pace)

Comments

• sjamessjames Posts: 1,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant episode this week with the Little House on the Prairie style opening and the cutaway jokes like Methodist vs 7th Day Adventist and Peter' wish at the end.

Think this may become one of my favourite episodes...
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want a Peter-Rang :D

Another vote for a good episode here. Loved Quagmire popping up to yell "Sodomy!" .. heh :)
  • lmddawsonlmddawson Posts: 484
    Forum Member
    "I am so happy for me, I deserve this. When do you think the queen's gonna die?" :D

Solid episode, loved it.
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still have yet to watch season 10 here.
    Will have to get round to it soon.
  • Jaly77Jaly77 Posts: 334
    Forum Member
    I want a Peter-Rang :D

So do I! :p
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bit late with it but I loved the latest episode. The cut-away gags were superb. This bit in particular slayed me:

Peter: Okay, now take this walkie-talkie and confirm I'm at the various checkpoints.
    Lois: Huh, okay. [speaks into walkie-talkie] Peter up on telephone pole?
    Peter: [spying from a telephone pole, lower binnoculars] Check.
    Lois: Peter cutting the wires to the alarm?
    Peter: [cuts the wire] Check.
    Lois: Sexy Peter distracting the guards?
    Peter: [dressed as a prostitute] Check. [to the guards] Hello, boys! Come out and have sex with me sometime.
    Lois: Van full of Peters with stern faces because they're about to pull off a heist.
    Peter: [shows a vanful of stern-faced Peters] Check.
    Lois: Upside-down Peter who isn't revealed to upside-down until the camera spins around and shows that he is.
    Peter: [appears right-side up until the camera spins around to show he's upside-down] Check.
    Lois: Peter in an open airplane door, slapping Peters on the back as they parachute out.
    Peter: [slapping other Peters as they parachute out] Go! Go-go-go-go-go! [into walkie-talkie] Check!
    Lois: Super gymnastic Asian Peter, contorted into a box that will be delivered into the house.
    Asian Peter: [shows Peter rolling in a crate and x-rays to reveal Asian Peter inside] Hai!
    Lois: Peter who hasn't answered because something has gone terribly wrong. [shows the walkie-talkie on the floor] Peter? Peter, are you there? [zooms out to reveal Peter lying dead with his throat slit as blood pools around him]
  • SuperbeastSuperbeast Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dandem wrote: »
    Bit late with it but I loved the latest episode. The cut-away gags were superb. This bit in particular slayed me:

Peter: Okay, now take this walkie-talkie and confirm I'm at the various checkpoints.
    Lois: Huh, okay. [speaks into walkie-talkie] Peter up on telephone pole?
    Peter: [spying from a telephone pole, lower binnoculars] Check.
    Lois: Peter cutting the wires to the alarm?
    Peter: [cuts the wire] Check.
    Lois: Sexy Peter distracting the guards?
    Peter: [dressed as a prostitute] Check. [to the guards] Hello, boys! Come out and have sex with me sometime.
    Lois: Van full of Peters with stern faces because they're about to pull off a heist.
    Peter: [shows a vanful of stern-faced Peters] Check.
    Lois: Upside-down Peter who isn't revealed to upside-down until the camera spins around and shows that he is.
    Peter: [appears right-side up until the camera spins around to show he's upside-down] Check.
    Lois: Peter in an open airplane door, slapping Peters on the back as they parachute out.
    Peter: [slapping other Peters as they parachute out] Go! Go-go-go-go-go! [into walkie-talkie] Check!
    Lois: Super gymnastic Asian Peter, contorted into a box that will be delivered into the house.
    Asian Peter: [shows Peter rolling in a crate and x-rays to reveal Asian Peter inside] Hai!
    Lois: Peter who hasn't answered because something has gone terribly wrong. [shows the walkie-talkie on the floor] Peter? Peter, are you there? [zooms out to reveal Peter lying dead with his throat slit as blood pools around him]

I figured that was an allusion to The Sting and Wayne's World 2.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Decent episode this week - not up to the standards this season has been so far, but still had some good laughs - especially when we found out Mort's other job :D
  • bazellisbazellis Posts: 5,405
    Forum Member
    Anyone know when season 10 starts in the UK??
  • rosco2010rosco2010 Posts: 7,501
    Forum Member
    bazellis wrote: »

It's usually around mid-April.
    Forum Member
    Hate Ricky Gervais so wasn't overly keen on this episode. Some good jokes though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just about to watch it. not exactly a gervais fan either so we'll see.
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even though I know it is Season 10, I still refer to it as Series 12. Otherwise my OCD will rebel.
  • SuperbeastSuperbeast Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even though I know it is Season 10, I still refer to it as Series 12. Otherwise my OCD will rebel.

None of us needed to know that and I have no doubt an equal number care about your neuroses on here anyway.

This really was a bad case of "The Simpsons did it" however they've done it better multiple times. This in itself was just kind of akward, I really didn't feel Gervais humour suited the general tone of the show and the walking on land dolphin just made me think of the SImpsons Halloween episode where they do the same thing.
  • Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    bazellis wrote: »

Not sure. Ireland's 3e Network are showing the S10 eps
    at the moment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would anyone like to answer some questions I have about FG here

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1631945

?
  • rosco2010rosco2010 Posts: 7,501
    Forum Member
    I couldn't get Ricky Gervais' smug grin out of my head so I had to switch off after 10 minutes.

The read the cutaway gag instead of watching the cutaway gag was pretty funny though. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    poor episode. some laughs but not many. the best part for me was at the end when quagmire turned up as aquaman and joe just sank to the bottom in his wheelchair :)
  • Jaly77Jaly77 Posts: 334
    Forum Member
    poor episode. some laughs but not many. the best part for me was at the end when quagmire turned up as aquaman and joe just sank to the bottom in his wheelchair :)
    Yeah, proper laugh out loud scene that :D
  • biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    Loved the past 3rps but hated the gervais episode couldt help thinking the dolphin character could have been so much funnier if he was voiced by a wacky american voice.

I hated the simpsons gervias episode aswell I just cant get into the guys humour.

Hope gervais stays away from my fav shows from now on
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just watched the new one. pretty good - not the funniest ever but still good.

loved the "wasn't covered by an act of rod" gag though :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still catching up as the last one I saw was the thanksgiving one.
    So far have liked

Back to the Pilot most

Then

Stewie Goes for a Drive

The most.
    Forum Member
    That last episode was dire. Didn't enjoy it at all.
  • TEOLTEOL Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    If it doesn't come on TV soon it's time for some desperation to get my fix I think.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Great episode on Sunday, the "Wheel Cher" bit had me in stitches, and so did the Horse Decoy scene :D