Options

FIFA League

13»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    The end of this league can't come fast enough, I have to decided to give up Online after this. So far for every game my players have felt like they were running through treacle, been unresponsive and generally passing to the wrong people, shooting instead of passing etc. It is neither fair or enjoyable (apologies to He4rt if you heard my girlfriend bollocking me over the microphone :-s)
  • Options
    He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    Sorry,I was in a party mate, so i didn't hear a thing.

You were unlucky. Totally outplayed me in the first 30 minutes of both games and then your passes started to fall short, and i got the run of the ball. The ref seem to be a Napoli fan aswell.

I actually felt a little pissed off for you.:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 460
    Forum Member
    I used to enjoy these leagues, but the new defending I have major problems with. I have lost all my matches (apart from one)

I just wish EA would allow you to changed back to the legacy defending for online matches

I have been tempted to give up online as well, but this seems part of the FIFA experience, playing with the DS group

What does everyone want for the next league....
  • Options
    mattlewis86mattlewis86 Posts: 657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Missed the last league unfortunately, can I join the next one please?
  • Options
    PhilT1808PhilT1808 Posts: 594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd be interested in having a game too. Can do a game or two after the kids are in bed tonight after 8 if anyone fancies a match?

Gamertag - philt1808

Cheers.
  • Options
    He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    Iv'e just got 3 more people left to play. Lisa,Gavo and Sparky.I'll try to get them all in before Sunday to finish up.
  • Options
    Lisa.JLisa.J Posts: 1,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will hopefully catch you at weekend He4rt :)

Ive also got one game left against YorkshireLad24 & magic martin - will be on tonight from 7ish if either of you are on?

Im up for whatever for the next league, Im going to check the * rating properly this time tho, think Id used Palmero when they were 4.5 stars on live season but in online leagues its always the original rating I think. Serves me right for not checking properly :p
  • Options
    magic martinmagic martin Posts: 594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lisa.J wrote: »

Ive also got one game left against YorkshireLad24 & magic martin - will be on tonight from 7ish if either of you are on?

Sorry Lisa - I'm going out at 7:15 but can play the game as long as we finish by then. I will be on in about 1 hour till about 7:15...

I also have to play one game against sparky

Over the weekend I played both games against Burninmylight24 "Athletic Bilbao" => Lost 2-0 and Drew 2-2 (In the first game I couldn’t score and in the second game after taking a 2-0 lead I couldn’t defend – sums my Fifa skills up really!)

Martin :)
  • Options
    Forum Member

Im up for whatever for the next league, Im going to check the * rating properly this time tho, think Id used Palmero when they were 4.5 stars on live season but in online leagues its always the original rating I think. Serves me right for not checking properly :p

you would have beaten me playing with a 3 star team, different league :)
  • Options
    tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sparky2005 wrote: »
    Central Spy
    Speedy
    Lisa
    Gavo360

are the top 4, it will might end like this

Looks like me, Central Spy and Lisa can all finish with 12 wins/2 draws/2 losses if me and Lisa win all our remaining games so it's a close one! Don't know if the table in FIFA accounts for goal difference?
  • Options
    Lisa.JLisa.J Posts: 1,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sorry to you both - watched more Prison Break than I intended to! :o - and don't have my notifications on if I'm watching DVD's. I'm on now for an hour and then tomorrow before the football.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 401
    Forum Member
    Yea, +1 on the rubbish defending.

No matter how I set my team up, whenever I attack my defence seem to push up to half way line and then I'm vunerable to pace (doesn't help Ath Madrid's defenders are so slow though!).

I've not played FIFA online much before this league (it shows!), but there are some games that flow quickly and others which like Yorkshirelad mentioned, feel like players running through treacle and thats when I seem to lose heavily. Don't know if it's do with peoples internet connections of the game trying to simulate different pitch conditions. Either way, it's annoying!

I have two games left to play against Burninmylight. We don't seem to be on at the same time much, but will try and get them played by the end of the weekend depending on his schedule.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    Hi Guys, my apologies to you all but I'm pulling out of the league, I'm going to trade FIFA in seen as it has become a mess of scripting both online and offline. It was either this or risk seeing my shiny new tv with a controller embedded in it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i wont be able to play my last few games, the xbox is not reading the disk !!

Haven't decided if to rent a copy or buy a cheap second hand one, but I am not good online and have lost ALL but 1 of my league games

its the tactical defending that has ruined the game online for me

we shall see.