Changing Gas or Electric Providers

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 732
Forum Member
✭✭
We are often advised to change our suppliers to get a better deal, what they dont tell you is that you can be charged £50 .to terminate your contract.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We only have one provider, called Light, who are well known for their exploding manhole covers.
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gerr60 wrote: »
    We are often advised to change our suppliers to get a better deal, what they dont tell you is that you can be charged £50 .to terminate your contract.

So just wait until your current contract ends, they're only usually for 12 months. However, if you haven't changed before you'd probably find you would save hundreds with a new supplier so the exit fee would be worth it.
  • 1Mickey1Mickey Posts: 10,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    So just wait until your current contract ends, they're only usually for 12 months. However, if you haven't changed before you'd probably find you would save hundreds with a new supplier so the exit fee would be worth it.

I don't know if thats a new thing or if only a couple of companies do it but i've changed 3 times and i wasnt charged anything,infact the last time i did it i got £30 for switching.
  • Lain AndrewsLain Andrews Posts: 1,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They all the bloody same, There is no better deal. I don't waste my energy anymore on them,