Options

BT Sports Channel

Comments

• Options
    steven cardwellsteven cardwell Posts: 2,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't need to be overseas to not have a clue.

As i'm a copper customer, i have a Vision+ box, i got an email on the 12th saying a card was being sent out at no extra charge to watch BT Sport on BT TV.

A week later and no sign of card yet, My BT page now shows that "i'm ready for BT Sport" and a picture of a laptop, on the BT Forum someone had posted a picture of their My BT that shows "you are ready for BT Sports on the 1st August" and a TV above this.

I phoned the number that is on the BT Sport loop on Freeview last night to get someone in the UK that wasn't even interested in taking any customer account details, but just came out with the overseas one line "must be a card coming out" , tried again this morning, this time got someone that asked for account info, then realised in was on copper and said "we only take registrations, we don't know anything about when cards get sent out", on both occasions, i wasn't offered to be put on hold whilst they tried to find anything out.

2 weeks from launch and you can't even get the simply questions answered and this is from a UK call centre!

I know there must be issues between You View, Vision+, fibre, copper and then customers taking it on Sky, but surely their CS needs to be better trained to deal with it all, in fact i think most of us on this thread know more about BT Sport than the ones on the phone that is supposed to be selling and promoting it!
  • Options
    VisionMan1VisionMan1 Posts: 2,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, forgot to say - End of rumour. BT don't need Sky. And whats making Sky's blood boil is that Sky know that too. So no bed-fellows there.

And mlt - I would definitely follow mogzyboy's advice. Don't use the online service, ring them to find out your billing options.
  • Options
    mlt11mlt11 Posts: 21,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mogzyboy wrote: »
    I guess if there's anything in this, we'll hear something in Sky's results which are *I think* next week.

Next Friday - 26th July.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VisionMan1 wrote: »
    And mlt - I would definitely follow mogzyboy's advice. Don't use the online service, ring them to find out your billing options.

OK, many thanks for your advice.

And thanks again to everyone else who answered my various questions.
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,674
    Forum Member
    Why are BT not maximising availability through IPTV ? Not having it on Youview at launch to all those with Youview boxes is madness when BT are a major shareholder in Youview.

I get that they want to capitalise as fully as possible by signing up as many broadband customers as they can but not all of us want or need it and aren't going to change our minds on that. It's too much hassle changing providers, I just want the channels.

All the website suggests is the option of watching via the SD channels on Freeview. Even these won't be available on day 1 and worst of all they are not compatible with the Youview box anyway due to the need for a card slot. :mad:

Do BT not want my money? It's starting to feel that way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    Why are BT not maximising availability through IPTV ? Not having it on Youview at launch to all those with Youview boxes is madness when BT are a major shareholder in Youview.

But they will be available on BT's YouView from launch. In fact, the channels are there now (showing promo's).
  • Options
    mogzyboymogzyboy Posts: 6,436
    Forum Member
    mlt11 wrote: »
    OK, many thanks for your advice.

And thanks again to everyone else who answered my various questions.
    Sorry, just to correct myself from earlier... I said that you'd be in a 12-month contract even if you signed up for the £12/month BT Sport option. This, I've since found out, isn't actually true. I contacted BT about cancelling my order (I was going to cancel and see what, if anything, came of this 'BT Sport from Sky' rumour, and then re-sign myself up if nothing came of it before August 1st) and was told that it's only a one-month rolling contract, and you give 30 days notice if you want to cancel.

You may have actually already known that, but I thought I'd correct what I said as I wouldn't want to give out wrong information.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, just to correct myself from earlier... I said that you'd be in a 12-month contract even if you signed up for the £12/month BT Sport option. This, I've since found out, isn't actually true. I contacted BT about cancelling my order (I was going to cancel and see what, if anything, came of this 'BT Sport from Sky' rumour, and then re-sign myself up if nothing came of it before August 1st) and was told that it's only a one-month rolling contract.

You may have actually already known that, but I thought I'd correct what I said as I wouldn't want to give out wrong information.

Yes, both BT and TalkTalk have adopted a one-month rolling contract package stance.

This is a pay model Sky may need to take heed of.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, just to correct myself from earlier... I said that you'd be in a 12-month contract even if you signed up for the £12/month BT Sport option. This, I've since found out, isn't actually true. I contacted BT about cancelling my order (I was going to cancel and see what, if anything, came of this 'BT Sport from Sky' rumour, and then re-sign myself up if nothing came of it before August 1st) and was told that it's only a one-month rolling contract, and you give 30 days notice if you want to cancel.

Thanks again!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    But they will be available on BT's YouView from launch. In fact, the channels are there now (showing promo's).
    I don't know why I bothered posting. I made it very clear that I do not want any other BT services but you seem determined to overlook this. I already have a Youview box (direct from Humax).
  • Options
    derek500derek500 Posts: 24,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, both BT and TalkTalk have adopted a one-month rolling contract package stance.

They already have a rolling contract on premium channels.

And the majority taking YouView are tied into an ISP contract or they've gone and bought an off the shelf box and can't get Sky Sports or BT Sport.
  • Options
    RobSmithSRobSmithS Posts: 1,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

One month min terms is good (another option BT Sport could have taken was a 12 month min for the channel).

In which sense do you mean Sky should take heed? The packs are one month min with them after first year (unless you re-contract).
  • Options
    Haribo76Haribo76 Posts: 2,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I get that they want to capitalise as fully as possible by signing up as many broadband customers as they can but not all of us want or need it and aren't going to change our minds on that. It's too much hassle changing providers, I just want the channels.

All the website suggests is the option of watching via the SD channels on Freeview. Even these won't be available on day 1 and worst of all they are not compatible with the Youview box anyway due to the need for a card slot. :mad:

Do BT not want my money? It's starting to feel that way.

How is it hassle changing providers?

I recently changed from sky landline and broadband to BT landline and broadband.

I didn't even have to contact either company directly. I just went online and placed the order and BT did the rest. On activation day I was without broadband for about an hour. The BT homehub came through the post and I plugged it in on activation day.

Where is the hassle there?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    RobSmithS wrote: »
    One month min terms is good (another option BT Sport could have taken was a 12 month min for the channel).

In which sense do you mean Sky should take heed? The packs are one month min with them after first year (unless you re-contract).
    I would take a 12 month minimum contract happily if they offered BT Sport to me via my platform of choice.

For as long as they don't do that, they will be missing out on my custom.
  • Options
    adam241adam241 Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    Anybody signed up yet on sky and received their first BT bill for £4.26 for the period 2nd aug - 12th aug?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Haribo76 wrote: »
    How is it hassle changing providers?

I recently changed from sky landline and broadband to BT landline and broadband.

I didn't even have to contact either company directly. I just went online and placed the order and BT did the rest. On activation day I was without broadband for about an hour. The BT homehub came through the post and I plugged it in on activation day.

Where is the hassle there?
    Well your case is slightly different given you already had the right cabling in place.

I'm with Virgin cable (and I'm very happy with them) so not quite as easy as that in my case.
  • Options
    bottleofbestbottleofbest Posts: 8,026
    Forum Member
    adam241 wrote: »
    Anybody signed up yet on sky and received their first BT bill for £4.26 for the period 2 aug - 12th aug?

I think people's prices will vary. Is your bill date around the 13th of every month? This would make sense whilst you were only billed until the 12th?

Other people may have bill dates for nearer the end of the month and therefore get charged nearly a full month for their Sport?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know why I bothered posting. I made it very clear that I do not want any other BT services but you seem determined to overlook this. I already have a Youview box (direct from Humax).

I meant no offence.

But the truth is you bought/were supplied with a retail box and so you'll get a retail box's services. Nothing more, nothing less.
  • Options
    Haribo76Haribo76 Posts: 2,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well your case is slightly different given you already had the right cabling in place.

I'm with Virgin cable (and I'm very happy with them) so not quite as easy as that in my case.

Do you not have an old BT landline?
  • Options
    adam241adam241 Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    I think people's prices will vary. Is your bill date around the 13th of every month? This would make sense whilst you were only billed until the 12th?

Other people may have bill dates for nearer the end of the month and therefore get charged nearly a full month for their Sport?

It says on the bill they will take it just after 28th July but they did say they wouldn't be charging anyone until the channels are launched on the 1st august
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I meant no offence.

But the truth is you bought/were supplied with a retail box and so you'll get a retail boxe's services. Nothing more, nothing less.
    I appreciate that. But that doesn't really answer my question.
    Haribo76 wrote: »
    Do you not have an old BT landline?
    No. And Infinity is not currently available at my location.
  • Options
    mogzyboymogzyboy Posts: 6,436
    Forum Member
    Anybody signed up yet on sky and received their first BT bill for £4.26 for the period 2nd aug - 12th aug?
    I've had my first bill - £20.03. Broken down as:
    -£15.00 activation charge
    -£5.03 for BT Sport (2-14 August).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would take a 12 month minimum contract happily if they offered BT Sport to me via my platform of choice.

For as long as they don't do that, they will be missing out on my custom.

Query - How could an ISP broadcast its own network's Multicast channels via a third party ISP's network?
  • Options
    THOMOTHOMO Posts: 7,452
    Forum Member

My bill is for the period 2nd August-8th August for £2.71.
    Ian.
  • Options
    derek500derek500 Posts: 24,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But the truth is you bought/were supplied with a retail box and so you'll get a retail box's services. Nothing more, nothing less.

Which is YouView's biggest problem and the confusion of different services depending who you got you box from, will hold its growth back.

The ones who've paid the most, get the least!!
This discussion has been closed.