Want an iPhone? Just guess when Jade Goody dies?

13»

Comments

• Romeos GigloRomeos Giglo Posts: 1,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if anyone has a brave enough stomach, check out some of the utter viciousness on this thread abut the same subject.

Why DS Mods have not deleted it altogether, I will never understand.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=904780
  • AWESOMESAUCE!AWESOMESAUCE! Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    if anyone has a brave enough stomach, check out some of the utter viciousness on this thread abut the same subject.

Why DS Mods have not deleted it altogether, I will never understand.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=904780

That is funny stuff. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vidalia wrote: »
    Strange as it may seem to some, Jade Goody is not a fictional character. We may judge her on what she says and how she presents herself and not forgive her for choosing to live her life through the media but at the end of the day she is a real human being, albeit a flawed one, and yet people choose to dehumanise her probably because that makes it easier to justify the thing they say about her.

I'm well aware she is not a fictional character, but what I meant (I thought I was clear) was that I do not know her personally. I have formed no attachment to her. Hell, I didn't even see her when she was originally on Big Brother. She isn't someone I know in Real Life, so I do not feel sympathy as I would if it was my friend's mum or something.

It is not that I don't care, it is not that I am dehumanising her. You make it sound like a Nazi/Jew situation, which just doesn't even begin to compare.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is funny stuff. :D

Cannot agree. Some of the comments are vile. One FM mentioned they themself understood Jade's suffering etc, as they themself (the FM) had cancer.

Another FM made the comment, "Sorry to hear about your cancer, but's whats that got to do with this...".

If that isn't just plain vicious and nasty that one FM could put that in writing to another FM - it says more about them than Jade Goody.
  • Super FrogSuper Frog Posts: 11,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JADE - My iPhone Cancer Struggle

Tomorrow's sun, you heard it here first. And to tell the truth. I dunno if I'm being cynical or not here - we all know she'll pick up on anything to profit from her illness.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw her on the original BB and I thought she was a very needy girl who was none too bright & very ill educated. She was often overly aggressive. Given her family background, this was not surprising. I felt sorry for her.

The subsequent overwhelming media attention seemed to turn her into a monster, surrounded by sycophants and people who were simply using her and encouraged the worst of her behaviour.

Every detail of her life from that point turned into a media/reality tv circus, so its no surprise her illness is being treated the same way.

There is a real suffering human being in all this and two small children who will likely lose their mother. I still feel she is more sinned against than sinning.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zealotty wrote: »
    I saw her on the original BB and I thought she was a very needy girl who was none too bright & very ill educated. She was often overly aggressive. Given her family background, this was not surprising. I felt sorry for her.

The subsequent overwhelming media attention seemed to turn her into a monster, surrounded by sycophants and people who were simply using her and encouraged the worst of her behaviour.

Every detail of her life from that point turned into a media/reality tv circus, so its no surprise her illness is being treated the same way.

There is a real suffering human being in all this and two small children who will likely lose their mother. I still feel she is more sinned against than sinning.

That is something that many who have being horrible are missing, it does not just affect Jade. The whole 'get her' attitude make me ashamed to be part of the human race.
  • douknowotimean?douknowotimean? Posts: 1,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the comments written on that website are absolutely disgraceful. Some people really are sick. :(

Jade may be no saint but I would never wish an illness, like cancer, on my worst enemy.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a disgrace.

Having said that I would like an iPhone....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AaronG wrote: »
    That's a disgrace.

Having said that I would like an iPhone....

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :eek:
    Bad FM Bad... !! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the comments written on that website are absolutely disgraceful. Some people really are sick. :(

Jade may be no saint but I would never wish an illness, like cancer, on my worst enemy.

It's a mystery to me why the mods dont' ban the FM responsible, we all have strong views but that is inhumane - can you imagine what it must have been like for the receiving FM to read that, or how hurtful it must have been. :(

Maybe I'm too soft, but I dont think so, it was just plain out of order in every way.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As much as I don't like Jade Goody, and as sick and twisted as my sense of humour can be, this is just shocking and who ever created it should be ashamed!

Not as shocking as Jade goody going on BB India, and knowing that she might have cancer, and then to tell this on air

Even though she has cancer, was this a publicity stunt
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    as much as I think that this website is sick...

i do find the Pre-condolences of another poster funny when i first read it. I could hear davinas voice in my head!

Sorry guys but i still think it was quite funny....

Here it is...

"Jade, you have died of cancer. You have 30 seconds to say your goodbyes, I'm coming to get you"
  • KirkfnwKirkfnw Posts: 1,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The comments on the site aren't really that cruel. He has a point. Why WOULD someone with cancer go immediately to the papers? Shouldn't she just be spending time with her family? Jade isn't the only person to have cancer. Many, many others have fought in silence without the need to speak. Nice publicity stunt by Jade here.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's a disgrace.

Having said that I would NOT like an iPhone....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kirkfnw wrote: »
    The comments on the site aren't really that cruel. He has a point. Why WOULD someone with cancer go immediately to the papers? Shouldn't she just be spending time with her family? Jade isn't the only person to have cancer. Many, many others have fought in silence without the need to speak. Nice publicity stunt by Jade here.

FGS. Cancer is not a publicity stunt. :mad:

Many choose not to fight in silence. She IS spending time with her family, but maybe she is making the best of her earning potential as her time runs out.