The Jade Goody Get Well Soon Thread

Comments

• gertiegertie Posts: 5,906
    Forum Member
    galena wrote: »
    I can't help thinking there has been some big bust up behind the scenes over the past couple of weeks - I wouldn't be surprised if Jade was on her own now - which is why so many reports seem to come from a 'source' or 'a close friend'. I would go further and speculate that maybe Max really believed that she was having a hysterectomy - but for whatever reason she decided to either not have the op or postpone it, and the silly cow doesn't even have the gumption to act like someone who's had major surgery - leaving her PR folk in a near impossible situation. It would be just like Jade to do something ridiculous like shave her head and pretend she is having chemo while still carrying out a busy programme of self promotion (watch this space :eek:). Stupid people generally aren't very good at deception because they think eveyone is as stupid as they are - OTOH they sometimes succeed out of sheer audacity. But I have enough respect for MC's ability than to think he is responsible for the nonsensical charade we are seeing at the moment ...

How exactly is she suppose to act:confused: All I have seen in the papers is jade looking unwell while shopping for a few bits at tesco, and putting what looked like a light weight carrier bag in the boot of the car, an actual picture of the car but no picture of her driving. Then some pics of her dropping the children off at school before going onto the Marsden for what I presume was to have a line put in. These pictures could have been taken by anyone.

When I see her falling out of a night club or on a trampoline then I will become suspicious. Of cos there are other bits and pieces on here like the pantomime, but the email one poster received from the theatre said Jade should be performing, depending on Jades health.

There is absolutely nothing out there to confirm Jade is lying.

btw: what a shame they locked Caprices thread:D:D
  • capricecaprice Posts: 16,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't help thinking there has been some big bust up behind the scenes over the past couple of weeks - I wouldn't be surprised if Jade was on her own now - which is why so many reports seem to come from a 'source' or 'a close friend'. I would go further and speculate that maybe Max really believed that she was having a hysterectomy - but for whatever reason she decided to either not have the op or postpone it, and the silly cow doesn't even have the gumption to act like someone who's had major surgery - leaving her PR folk in a near impossible situation. It would be just like Jade to do something ridiculous like shave her head and pretend she is having chemo while still carrying out a busy programme of self promotion (watch this space :eek:). Stupid people generally aren't very good at deception because they think eveyone is as stupid as they are - OTOH they sometimes succeed out of sheer audacity. But I have enough respect for MC's ability than to think he is responsible for the nonsensical charade we are seeing at the moment ...

I may get flamed for this (:D) but before his Jade Goody involvement, I had a lot of time for MC. I may even have posted in his defence in this forum. Like you, I am at a loss as to why he got involved with this woman. It did not occur to me that she may have fooled him too... Hmmm...

Goody is ignorant but she does know her type of chavvy media, how it works and how to fool the chavs and ignorant into believing her lies. I listened to her tell Jo O'Meara on CBB all about how her own PR worked, how they justified stuff, she recommended her agent (the one who dropped her later) and explained how to keep her name in the papers and sell products to punters. O'Meara was no stranger to publicity but she listened intently... Jade knows how to work it, she has done nothing but since her first BB experience.

It will be interesting to see what happens next. Unlike the race row, the majority of papers are ignoring the cancer story. Does that mean they aren't buying it?

Goody has backed herself into a corner - she is going to have to start rehearsals for her panto soon...

http://www.theatreroyallincoln.com/01_show_33.shtml

...and questions will be asked - how can she be on stage night after night whilst having a year of chemo? What about the costume and her central line, her hair, the ulcers she might get, her feeling sick?

She has a book coming out :rolleyes::yawn::sleep: and if she tries to promo it, questions will be asked - why is she doing book signings when she may not see her children for much longer?

She has done the perfume launch :rolleyes::yawn::sleep: but if she tries to do any sales stuff for Christmas, questions will be asked - why is she spending her time flogging cheap perfume when she has a 50% chance of dying?

She cannot do any of the things that make her cash without looking like a fraud. Why is she interested in making cash if she only has a 50% chance of living anyway? So she will have to lie low. Not a problem if she is ill surely?

I bet she doesn't.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    skinray wrote: »
    Karma certainly seems to have intervened into this sickening "Get Well Soon" thread as so many of you are beginning to realise that you have been conned. :(

I have had messages from those who have changed their minds about Goody (I asked the question if anyone had, on the locked thread). Apart from the obvious few, there isn't anyone left who is being taken in! :D:D:D
  • missinglinxmissinglinx Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gertie wrote: »
    How exactly is she suppose to act:confused: [snip]btw: what a shame they locked Caprices thread:D:D

btw - why are you gloating so much at a locked thread - surely it is sad that another thread about Jade Goody's cancer has yet again been locked...:(

The best way she could have acted was to have gone to hospital when she first got the letter rather than book herself into BB India and have the news announced on world-wide media before she got home to see her mum or sons...

Although it would be understandable if Jade's relationship with her mother wasn't as loving+caring as one would expect - her sons are innocents who need their lives to be as normal and quiet as possible - if she has cancer their lives will be disrupted - she should have stayed home and had treatment quietly for the sake of her sons...:cry:

this is just the beginning....... I'm thinking of writing a book:eek::D;) [Big Joke btw - just in case 'something' gets set off by that;)]
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can see her collapsing on stage at some point during the panto. That will grab the headlines Max!

Get well soon 'brave Jade'.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,500
    Forum Member
    caprice wrote: »
    I may get flamed for this (:D) but before his Jade Goody involvement, I had a lot of time for MC. I may even have posted in his defence in this forum. Like you, I am at a loss as to why he got involved with this woman. It did not occur to me that she may have fooled him too... Hmmm...

Goody is ignorant but she does know her type of chavvy media, how it works and how to fool the chavs and ignorant into believing her lies. I listened to her tell Jo O'Meara on CBB all about how her own PR worked, how they justified stuff, she recommended her agent (the one who dropped her later) and explained how to keep her name in the papers and sell products to punters. O'Meara was no stranger to publicity but she listened intently... Jade knows how to work it, she has done nothing but since her first BB experience.

It will be interesting to see what happens next. Unlike the race row, the majority of papers are ignoring the cancer story. Does that mean they aren't buying it?

Goody has backed herself into a corner - she is going to have to start rehearsals for her panto soon...

...and questions will be asked - how can she be on stage night after night whilst having a year of chemo? What about the costume and her central line, her hair, the ulcers she might get, her feeling sick?

She has a book coming out :rolleyes::yawn::sleep: and if she tries to promo it, questions will be asked - why is she doing book signings when she may not see her children for much longer?

She has done the perfume launch :rolleyes::yawn::sleep: but if she tries to do any sales stuff for Christmas, questions will be asked - why is she spending her time flogging cheap perfume when she has a 50% chance of dying? She cannot do any of the things that make her cash without looking like a fraud. Why is she interested in making cash if she only has a 50% chance of living anyway? So she will have to lie low. Not a problem if she is ill surely?

I bet she doesn't.

If we just for a minute pretend Jade was not a figure in the news, just a woman with cancer. With 50 percent survival rate..does that mean that woman should just sit at home waiting to see if she is going to be 50 percent group that makes it? Don't you think that is the worst thing a person could do, kind of wait the time out.

People do get on with their lives, everyday. If you have children you have to carry on, if you are providing for those children then if you are still able to provide, should you not?

Why is it a problem if Jade is able to carry on with somethings. She may not be able to, we will have to wait and see but I don't like the idea that people that have a life threatening illness should just stay at home and try and get better.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mzstake wrote: »
    If we just for a minute pretend Jade was not a figure in the news, just a woman with cancer. With 50 percent survival rate..does that mean that woman should just sit at home waiting to see if she is going to be 50 percent group that makes it? Don't you think that is the worst thing a person could do, kind of wait the time out.

People do get on with their lives, everyday. If you have children you have to carry on, if you are providing for those children then if you are still able to provide, should you not?

Why is it a problem if Jade is able to carry on with somethings. She may not be able to, we will have to wait and see but I don't like the idea that people that have a life threatening illness should just stay at home and try and get better.

She is in the news lol! She is fit and well!
    Forum Member
    She is in the news lol! She is fit and well!

What news, have I missed something new or are we still talking about shopping, walking, and a possible panto?
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dear Jade - I sincerely hope you are soon cured of your sick, sick need to inf£$t the tabs with your presence.

Get well Jade. That’s "well", not "wealth".
    Forum Member
    Straker wrote: »
    Dear Jade - I sincerely hope you are soon cured of your sick, sick need to inf£$t the tabs with your presence.

Get well Jade. That’s "well", not "wealth.

Thats the spirit...almost :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Firstly - iimho it is daft to pretend that Jade is not somebody who wants to always be in the news - if we do that leap of imagination - we won't be talking about Jade - clearly....

Jade has made her mountains of cash by selling the story of her 'life' to the media...

the problem is - Jade hasn't had much happen to fill up her life - not like 'normal' people who have a job....

She has only had episodes of bullying others to spice up her memoirs - bullying etc followed by endless excuses and 'leaks':rolleyes::rolleyes: to the media...

Now - she has something else emotive to flog... along with the impact it is having on her sons too...:(:cry: [shudder...]

Do I need to go on anymore:(
  • galenagalena Posts: 7,277
    Forum Member
    How exactly is she suppose to act:confused: All I have seen in the papers is jade looking unwell while shopping for a few bits at tesco, and putting what looked like a light weight carrier bag in the boot of the car, an actual picture of the car but no picture of her driving. Then some pics of her dropping the children off at school before going onto the Marsden for what I presume was to have a line put in. These pictures could have been taken by anyone.

When I see her falling out of a night club or on a trampoline then I will become suspicious. Of cos there are other bits and pieces on here like the pantomime, but the email one poster received from the theatre said Jade should be performing, depending on Jades health.

The saying 'there's none so blind as those that won't see' springs to mind in your case. Trampolining or falling out of a nightclub? But if she did you would find another excuse for her. Whereas most people are keeping an open mind you seem to have a fixed mindset that says Jade is telling the truth and nothing could make you think differently.

The Jade threads don't seem to have a long lifespan do they? Sooner or later just as they are getting somewhere some argumentative muppet comes along and the thread gets closed? How very convenient for Jade supporters :rolleyes:
    Forum Member

She has done the perfume launch :rolleyes::yawn::sleep: but if she tries to do any sales stuff for Christmas, questions will be asked - why is she spending her time flogging cheap perfume when she has a 50% chance of dying?

She cannot do any of the things that make her cash without looking like a fraud. Why is she interested in making cash if she only has a 50% chance of living anyway? So she will have to lie low. Not a problem if she is ill surely?

I bet she doesn't.
    Credit where credit's due, it was DBM (I think) who first came up with the idea of a scam dreamed up by Jade and Jack which MC was dragged into later. It's a surprise to me that he took her on as a client at all when he clearly can't stand her and I remember that he made a statement that was totally at odds with the stuff Jade started spouting to the press - to the best of my recollection that she hadn't gone for tests for 3 years and that's why her cancer was so advanced. Why would such an experienced PR guru get it wrong? My guess would be that is the story Jade told him - and he may have taken her on as a client because he thought her story could serve as an example to others and highlight the risks of cervical cancer. I guess at some point he realised he had been fooled and it all became about damage limitation. I am convinced that some bust up happened during the two week period Jade was in hospital - and that is why she stayed in an extra week - perhaps to decide what to do next. The irony is that what is going on behind the scenes is probably far more interesting than the rubbish we are currently being fed - maybe one day Jennifer will come back and tell us the true story :D
  • SigurdSigurd Posts: 26,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...Goody has backed herself into a corner - she is going to have to start rehearsals for her panto soon...

Caprice, in the closed thread you asked me when I'd contacted the Theatre Royal in Lincoln about Jade's panto appearance. I sent my email to them on Wednesday 1st October and received the reply on the following day. It's therefore more recent than the newspaper story that you linked to.

Just as a reminder, the reply read:
    With regard to your recent enquiry about Jade Goody's appearance in this year's pantomime: Ms Goody's representatives have told us that, at this point in time, she still intends to perform in Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs - but this is dependent upon how current health issues develop.

Regards,

Marketing Manager
  • CFCJM1CFCJM1 Posts: 2,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good heavens why is this thread still so high profile. Please lets move on. Personally I wish the girl all the best as I would any cancer sufferer. Its a shitty illness that will hopefully one day be eradicated or at least manageable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,783
    Forum Member

I dunno... she looked well to me
  • Rose BuddRose Budd Posts: 4,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So much hate for a person suffering from cancer....disgusting!
  • skinrayskinray Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rose Budd wrote: »
    So much hate for a person suffering from cancer....disgusting!

Yes, it would be disgusting for a person suffering from cancer, maybe you should read some of the other posts before making such a statement.
    Forum Member

Actually most of the women I've known who had a hysterectomy were quite happy to 'sit at home and do nothing' for a first month or so after the operation as they didn't feel up to doing anything else - and in most cases they would have been glad of Jade's money to be able to smooth the path of their recovery - rather than having to rely on the help and good will of friends and relatives. Similarly with people suffering from cancer and having chemo/radiotherapy - they might indeed have gotten bored after the first month or so but they simply didn't have the energy for anything else. I think I mentioned before a colleague who came into work for a few days through sheer boredom and she couldn't last past lunchtime as exhaustion took over - and she was a secretary not a construction worker! Quite honestly I don't think I would blame anyone with a life-threatening disease for 'staying at home and trying to get better' - especially just a a couple of weeks after surgery. Trying to make the most of the time left tends to apply more to people who have been given no chance at all of recovery and really have nothing to lose :cry:

BTW I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that some Jade-defenders talk about her as if she was a completely different person - say a devoted single mum on benefits with no-one else to care for the kids - rather than a rich celebrity with an ex who probably makes a decent living as well ... If she had stayed on Indian BB someone else would have cared for the kids - so why all the fuss now about having to look after them? As for providing for them - if her story is true, time is the thing that may be in short supply not money - not in the short term anyway. She has the option - as I would do in her place - of scaling down her lavish lifestyle and say moving to a quiet part of the country where she could spend quality time with her family while she still can. Instead - taking part in a panto with Curly from Corrie - hardly a life-enhancing/make the most of the time you have left experience I would have thought :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    Sigurd wrote: »
    Caprice, in the closed thread you asked me when I'd contacted the Theatre Royal in Lincoln about Jade's panto appearance. I sent my email to them on Wednesday 1st October and received the reply on the following day. It's therefore more recent than the newspaper story that you linked to.
    Just as a reminder, the reply read:

Quote:
    With regard to your recent enquiry about Jade Goody's appearance in this year's pantomime: Ms Goody's representatives have told us that, at this point in time, she still intends to perform in Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs - but this is dependent upon how current health issues develop.
    Regards,

Marketing Manager

Actually most of the women I've known who had a hysterectomy were quite happy to 'sit at home and do nothing' for a first month or so after the operation as they didn't feel up to doing anything else - and in most cases they would have been glad of Jade's money to be able to smooth the path of their recovery - rather than having to rely on the help and good will of friends and relatives. Similarly with people suffering from cancer and having chemo/radiotherapy - they might indeed have gotten bored after the first month or so but they simply didn't have the energy for anything else. I think I mentioned before a colleague who came into work for a few days through sheer boredom and she couldn't last past lunchtime as exhaustion took over - and she was a secretary not a construction worker! Quite honestly I don't think I would blame anyone with a life-threatening disease for 'staying at home and trying to get better' - especially just a a couple of weeks after surgery. Trying to make the most of the time left tends to apply more to people who have been given no chance at all of recovery and really have nothing to lose :cry:

BTW I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that some Jade-defenders talk about her as if she was a completely different person - say a devoted single mum on benefits with no-one else to care for the kids - rather than a rich celebrity with an ex who probably makes a decent living as well ... If she had stayed on Indian BB someone else would have cared for the kids - so why all the fuss now about having to look after them? As for providing for them - if her story is true, time is the thing that may be in short supply not money - not in the short term anyway. She has the option - as I would do in her place - of scaling down her lavish lifestyle and say moving to a quiet part of the country where she could spend quality time with her family while she still can. Instead - taking part in a panto with Curly from Corrie - hardly a life-enhancing/make the most of the time you have left experience I would have thought :rolleyes:

Until Jade starts her treatment nobody will know if she will be up to working so its speculation that she will be in panto. As you can see the post above that I quoted has a get out clause.

As for changing her life style, she might but she won't know until the time comes. When you are first diagnosised sometimes you don't realise the full implications. With all the upheavel illness brings, keeping life as normal as possible helps the children. I don't know about Jade but a lot of people vow not to let the illness define their lives and I made choices, booked a holiday the year before. My children where looking forward to it, so I went the day after my 4th cycle of chemo and it was a disaster. I could have easily of cancelled and got my money back but I had this strong idea in my mind that cancer wasn't going to beat me into staying at home. I was wrong that time but that kind of thinking does keep you going.

Its too early for us to speculate on what Jade may or may not do, until she starts or has a couple of treaments done no one will know what she will be able to do.(including Jade and her doctors).

I think most speculation over the last few days is because its been quiet on the news front. Which most anti Jade posters repeatly ask for but when it actually happens then everything becomes a conspirisy - she has been caught out, been told to lay low and so on.

Jade cannot win on this one, if she talks she is selling her soul if she is quiet this must be proof of her story all being a lie.
  • Channel HopperChannel Hopper Posts: 15,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Jade cannot win on this one, if she talks she is selling her soul if she is quiet this must be proof of her story all being a lie.

Incorrect answer, and you reached it as a result of staying within the rules as laid out by the last month of reporting.

Jade has won, she has made her mark in the media and the gullible public have bought into it for almost five years. The present claims have nothing to do with anyone but Jade and, her ancestry/upbringing and her medical background, but she has spun it round with some help from her agent(s) to ensure many have been duped into believing her illness has come out of the blue, or the result of a medical blunder.

Lying low does nothing except allow further speculation, ensuring Jade remains as a high earner for doing sweet fa, with anyone on the Goody retainer guaranteeing funds whilst they decide what to do next.

I can't see Bermondsey Council dimming the lights for the foreseeable future.
    Forum Member
    Incorrect answer, and you reached it as a result of staying within the rules as laid out by the last month of reporting.

Jade has won, she has made her mark in the media and the gullible public have bought into it for almost five years. The present claims have nothing to do with anyone but Jade and, her ancestry/upbringing and her medical background, but she has spun it round with some help from her agent(s) to ensure many have been duped into believing her illness has come out of the blue, or the result of a medical blunder.

Lying low does nothing except allow further speculation, ensuring Jade remains as a high earner for doing sweet fa, with anyone on the Goody retainer guaranteeing funds whilst they decide what to do next.

I can't see Bermondsey Council dimming the lights for the foreseeable future.

If you say so. It is getting boring going over the same points again and again.

I meant Jade cannot win on this or similar threads if she stays quiet or talks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you say so. It is getting boring going over the same points again and again.

I meant Jade cannot win on this or similar threads if she stays quiet or talks.

I take it that when anybody keeps repeating this phrase - they are not referring to some kind of 'cancer competition'...:(

...they are in fact meaning that Jade cannot convince/persuade people her stories are 100% correct and truthful...

Now people do not believe everything they hear - but it is always the majority belief that is considered the 'norm'... afaik;)
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can fool some of the people all the time and all of the people some of the time but you can’t fool all of the people all of the time.

We should club together and have that printed on an XXL t-shirt and sent to Goody......via Clifford so he can explain it to her.
    Forum Member
    Quote:
    Regards,

Marketing Manager

Until Jade starts her treatment nobody will know if she will be up to working so its speculation that she will be in panto. As you can see the post above that I quoted has a get out clause.

As for changing her life style, she might but she won't know until the time comes. When you are first diagnosised sometimes you don't realise the full implications. With all the upheavel illness brings, keeping life as normal as possible helps the children. I don't know about Jade but a lot of people vow not to let the illness define their lives and I made choices, booked a holiday the year before. My children where looking forward to it, so I went the day after my 4th cycle of chemo and it was a disaster. I could have easily of cancelled and got my money back but I had this strong idea in my mind that cancer wasn't going to beat me into staying at home. I was wrong that time but that kind of thinking does keep you going.

Its too early for us to speculate on what Jade may or may not do, until she starts or has a couple of treaments done no one will know what she will be able to do.(including Jade and her doctors).

I think most speculation over the last few days is because its been quiet on the news front. Which most anti Jade posters repeatly ask for but when it actually happens then everything becomes a conspirisy - she has been caught out, been told to lay low and so on.

I'm sorry your holiday was such a disaster but to me there is a major difference in not wanting to disappoint your children than Jade taking on another attention-seeking commitment (which will involve actually spending less time with them) I would have thought that going on holiday is totally different from appearing in panto which must be an extremely physical and tiring experience . And the possibility of dropping out due to ill health is something that applies to everyone anyway - no-one can guarantee their future state of health but I would have thought that no-one who had just had a major operation and faced months of chemo would ever consider making such a major work commitment - given - if their story is true - it is almost a certainty that they will be unable to perform :confused: The reason that people are becoming increasing dubious is because the news that has been released has been so unbelievable - an 8 hour hysterectomy followed by an almost immediate recovery! And I suspect that the silence in the media is for the same reason - they are refusing to touch the story with a bargepole - in fact that Mirror has gone further and subtly tried to discredit it. To me this speaks volumes, perhaps more so than anything else in this whole sorry business ...