Let's Dance for Comic Relief is back...

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm delighted it's back and I look forward to it every year and so do the many who donate or the programme wouldn't be repeated year after year.
    The first series was great.
    But since Robert Webb won it with his Flashdance routine there have been so many contestants in successive series who think they're funny by dressing up in drag and possibly think it's a ticket to give them a better chance of winning.

It'll be interesting to see what comedy lazy arses decide to take the predictable man dressed up as a woman route.

I prefer the comedy element as opposed to those who could possibly view it as a career move into singing - now those we certainly do have enough of.

Robert Webb was brilliant in his routine but I also thought Keith Lemon (who I detest) and the bloke he partnered with, were, imo, very very good (not to mention brave with that jump) and deserved to win. I'd never heard of Roland Rivron or Weapon of Choice but after he won, I googled it and watch Christopher Walken (love him) and I think Rivron did a good job considering it was live and without special effects.

For those who enter this programme to try and make people smile - good on you and thank you, you certainly make me smile. So if you don't like it - don't watch it.
  • ~Twinkle~~Twinkle~ Posts: 8,165
    Forum Member
    At last, something to look forward to. :)
  • Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    ~Twinkle~ wrote: »

What would that be, then? Spring?
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Full list of performances:

Show 1 – Feb 16

Show 2 – Feb 23

Show 3 – Mar 2

Tim Vine

‘Rock Your Body’

Jon Culshaw

‘Praise You’

Lee Nelson

‘Swan Lake Hip Hop Remix’

Olivia Lee

‘Bad Romance’

Katherine Ryan

‘Starships’

Nina Conti

‘I Like To Move It’

Ricky Hatton

‘Let Me Entertain You’

Anthony Cotton

‘Step In Time’

Vanessa Feltz

‘If I Can Turn Back Time’

The Soap Stars - Dean Gaffney, Claire Sweeney, Natalie Cassidy and Ricky Groves

‘You Can't Stop The Beat’

Waterloo Road

‘Spice Up Your Life’

Keith Duffy

‘Sexy And I Know It’

Hal Cruttenden, Mark Dolan and Shaun Keaveny

‘Bootylicious’

Kim & Rosemary

‘Diamonds Are A Girl's BF’

Ore & Sonali

‘Hey Ya’
  • F1KenF1Ken Posts: 4,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gill P wrote: »
    As it is Steve Jones presenting again, I will use the remote and not watch.

Steve Jones is a terrible presenter. He thinks he is funny but he's less entertaining than dry paint.

Ken
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    Lee Nelson is back again?!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gill P wrote: »
    Tim Vine
    Ricky Hatton
    Olivia Lee
    Jon Culshaw
    Lee Nelson
    Waterloo Road
    Nina Conti
    Ore & Sonali – Newsround
    Rosemary Shrager & Kim Woodburn
    Vanessa Feltz
    Shaun Keaveny, Mark Dolan and Hal Cruttenden

I have never heard of the highlighted contestants! As it is Steve Jones presenting again, I will use the remote and not watch.

Shaun Keaveny is the 6music breakfast host and one of the most dry witted, entertaining presenters on the airwaves. For that reason alone I shall be watching.
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    Love Shaun Keaveny!

But oh no, no, no, no, no to Anthony Cotton.
    Forum Member
    Lee Nelson is back again?!

It's odd. They could have at least invited one of the slightly more popular contestants back. :p
    crowby1 wrote: »
    Shaun Keaveny is the 6music breakfast host and one of the most dry witted, entertaining presenters on the airwaves. For that reason alone I shall be watching.

Plus, he'll be doing Destiny's Child. Car crash TV at its finest.
    Forum Member
    Also, I'm surprised that Dean would be doing it so soon after his crash.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you sure about Dean Gaffney, he was recently injured badly in a car crash. And Natalie Cassidy hasn't been in a soap for years.
  • SnapeyDSSnapeyDS Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    If they aired this junk a month earlier Blockbuster might have lasted a few weeks longer :D

I know I I'll be hiring a movie.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 79,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder who among the line-ups will end up in this year's Strictly?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Plus, he'll be doing Destiny's Child.

That's one to tune in for. I'm guessing that'll have to be screened after 9pm.
    Forum Member
    Wonder who among the line-ups will end up in this year's Strictly?

I could put up with anyone but... *shivers* Anthony Cotton. Anyone.
  • Glyn WGlyn W Posts: 5,819
    Forum Member
    I could put up with anyone but... *shivers* Anthony Cotton. Anyone.

Why do you keep going on about Anthony Cotton..?
  • Dino MDino M Posts: 1,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glyn W wrote: »

It might be that he is really annoying, is now a nothing character in Corrie, had an awful chat show and is what is known as a media **** and does anything to be in the spotlight.

I might be wrong though, but just my guess.
    Forum Member
    Glyn W wrote: »

I mentioned him once. :confused:

Paul Hollywood is another name taking part. http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a456052/paul-hollywood-jessie-wallace-for-lets-dance-for-comic-relief.html
  • samusek2samusek2 Posts: 3,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Where are they going to fit?:confused::confused: On the official site, they've named all 15 acts with the songs that they are going to dance to (as mentioned above).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2013/lets-dance-cr.html

Will Jessie dance with the Soap stars? and Paul Hollywood? Could they be judges? There is at least two judges that haven't been revealed yet.
    Forum Member
    samusek2 wrote: »
    Where are they going to fit?:confused::confused: On the official site, they've named all 15 acts with the songs that they are going to dance to (as mentioned above).

Methinks there'll be six per heat.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's going to be an interesting series. It's just harmless fun. I do admit it was interesting in year one as there was alot of variety in the dances and they were dances from every decade and many different dances. However now I wonder who's going to be dancing to the latest Lady Gaga song or who's the one dancing to Michael Jackson. I also wonder if they are soon going to run out of stand ups who want to dance! :)

Still, I do enjoy it just for pure entertainment value.

I am a bit shocked no one is dancing to Psy this year.
  • justjjustj Posts: 5,334
    Forum Member
    Maybe Jessie will replace Dean Gaffney in the soap stars
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ~Twinkle~ wrote: »
    What would that be, then? Spring?

:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    Begins tonight at 6:50... if anyone's interested, that is...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Paul Hollywood and Jessie Wallace are finally not taking par after all. In fact I can not find that original Alex Jones interview on Digital Spy anymore. So I guess her words were twisted.

Also, for the last heat, it looks as if Lee Nelson will be dancing with Twist and Pulse and contrary to what the BBC Listings say, it looks as if Keith Duffy has dropped out and Jodie Prenger is dancing instead. I wonder what she will be dancing to as I dont think "Sexy and I know it" would suit her. Wonder what happened?

One thing that I don't get about this show is the final. All the competitors just dance the same original dance again. Viewers already have a favourite. Why not just have 4 different heats and award a points system and whoever has the highest number after all heats wins. Otherwise, they should dance another number. What do I know anyways? This programme's been on for 5 years now. Why change things around? :)