David Icke - Visionary or CT Nutjob??

Comments

• zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You_mo wrote: »
    Of course. That's common sense. But when you attribute reasons other than power and wealth (alien lizards that hate us) it become just ridiculous.

I think he's like a living bible to the conspiracy theorists. You pick and choose what you want to follow and discard the contradictory stuff or the things that don't fit in with your agenda.

I wasn't thinking in terms of money or power. I wasn't thinking about lizard people either though.
  • xxtimboxxtimbo Posts: 8,877
    Forum Member
    He was good looking in his younger days,
    his brown curly hair, ( maybe permed )
    his conviction that he was being "called" ... his trip to Peru
    the voices...
    He was becoming quite, Christ-like and always wearing
    tourquoise... tracksuits ... anoracs...
    that was a special colour
    a mixture of the blue of the sea and the green of the land.

If David decided to hold a rally in Hyde park Im sure that 1000s would flock there to hear him speak , and if they all wore tourquoise... it would
    be quite a sight to behold, and quite an event !

(maybe his big buddy Alex Jones would come over to give a
    speech too .... cos lets face it, conspiracy is the new rock and roll ! )

• bazzaroobazzaroo Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Jane Doh! wrote: »
    It's that Chain of Evil again. :eek:
    LOL! Just LOL!

That's right, laugh it up.....

http://blaineo.blogspot.com/2011/04/reptile-windsors-and-royal-insider.html

:p
    Forum Member
    You_mo wrote: »
    I never looked at Wogan the same way after that! It wasn't pleasant watching an obviously mentally ill man being publicly ridiculed. When he started on about himself being the son of god it was time to end the interview. I'm a bit shocked too that he could come back from that with a 'following'.

If you go back to those days, David had not long before lost his father and his fragile mental condition could have had a lot to do with that.
    You ve got to admire the guy for the way he has gone from a figure of national riducule to a very well respected author and public speaker... touring America and speaking at sell out venues.... big up to the guy ! its the biggest turn around since Jeff Archer !
  • misha06misha06 Posts: 3,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From being a BBC sports commentator (nice, well paid gig I would imagine) to spouting about being the son of god and lizards, etc, clearly he lost the plot somewhere.

He may or may not have some valid points to make about NWO or the Bilderberg Group or whatever it is he rants about.

Either way I'm not interested, I have more important things to think about, like paying the bills and going to the pub.

I'm all for people standing up and shouting about things they feel are wrong or unjust, and good for them.

But anyone who suddenly decides in their 30's they are the son of god and feel the need to wear a purple tracksuit is not very high on my list of people to pay attention to.
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,415
    Forum Member
    misha06 wrote: »
    From being a BBC sports commentator (nice, well paid gig I would imagine) to spouting about being the son of god and lizards, etc, clearly he lost the plot somewhere.

He may or may not have some valid points to make about NWO or the Bilderberg Group or whatever it is he rants about.

Either way I'm not interested, I have more important things to think about, like paying the bills and going to the pub.

I'm all for people standing up and shouting about things they feel are wrong or unjust, and good for them.

But anyone who suddenly decides in their 30's they are the son of god and feel the need to wear a purple tracksuit is not very high on my list of people to pay attention to.

Do you think, misha06, that David Icke wears the purple track suits so that they complement the alien lizards' green skins or their red eyes so that when they do come out and reveal themselves there won't be a fashion clash? :D
    Forum Member
    it was nt purple, it was tourquoise
  • misha06misha06 Posts: 3,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you think, misha06, that David Icke wears the purple track suits so that they complement the alien lizards' green skins or their red eyes so that when they do come out and reveal themselves there won't be a fashion clash? :D

You are Gok Wan and I claim my £5:p
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,415
    Forum Member
    xxtimbo wrote: »
    it was nt purple, it was tourquoise

Oh dear, I think that the alien lizards will be well pi**ed with Icke because that really does clash with their colouration. :eek:

Handbags at dawn...(but none made of croc skin :D)
  • paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    David Icke will forever be associated in the public conciousness with lizard people. Now to be fair to him, he doesn't really mention that much these days afaik. He certainly is a prominent speaker in the alternate media, and is a fan of 9/11, NWO theories etc.

But when pressed I believe he maintains his views that there are lizard people amongst us. Any of his supporters care to back him up on this specific point, or is it a step too far? Wildmovieguy, Keyplayer, do you believe in the lizard people stuff Icke comes out with?
  • Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    xxtimbo wrote: »
    If you go back to those days, David had not long before lost his father and his fragile mental condition could have had a lot to do with that.
    You ve got to admire the guy for the way he has gone from a figure of national riducule to a very well respected author and public speaker... touring America and speaking at sell out venues.... big up to the guy ! its the biggest turn around since Jeff Archer !

:D:D.....
  • Dante AmecheDante Ameche Posts: 20,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People will always take the piss with people and mock the stuff they don't understand.

It's easier to do so than open their eyes and find out stuff for themselves. They'd rather be spoon fed "news" on the telly, radio or internet and be content with what they've been told than believe they might not be getting the correct info
  • bollywoodbollywood Posts: 67,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He sounds nutsy although there are some occasional good posts on that forum. Not all are way out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People will always take the piss with people and mock the stuff they don't understand.

Perhaps you'd care to respond to my earlier post; the other 'believers' seem to be avoiding it...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paulbrock wrote: »
    Perhaps you'd care to respond to my earlier post; the other 'believers' seem to be avoiding it...
    No I don't care to. It's pointless.
    David Icke or no David Icke, I know that what gets reported via the usual "news" steams is anything but the whole truth and have known this long before Mr Icke changed career path.

If you're going to tell me that I'm wrong to research stuff beyond what gets reported in the media and draw my own conclusions based on differing opinions then go ahead and do so.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No I don't care to. It's pointless.
    David Icke or no David Icke, I know that what gets reported via the usual "news" steams is anything but the whole truth and have known this long before Mr Icke changed career path.

If you're going to tell me that I'm wrong to research stuff beyond what gets reported in the media and draw my own conclusions based on differing opinions then go ahead and do so.

are you trying to say that Icke talking about lizard people is a misrepresentation propagated by the mainstream media? Or that it's more convenient to ignore the more dubious theories rather than denounce someone who shares some of your views?
  • OvalteenieOvalteenie Posts: 24,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrQuike wrote: »
    Any mental health evidence to support your opinion?

Nut job. Predicted an earthquake (amongst many other disasters) in the 1980s with Scotland breaking off and leaving the UK.

Maybe he meant in the political sense? :eek:

The emphatic SNP victory last week was a political earthquake that could well lead to Scotland breaking off & leaving the UK... :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paulbrock wrote: »
    are you trying to say that Icke talking about lizard people is a misrepresentation propagated by the mainstream media? Or that it's more convenient to ignore the more dubious theories rather than denounce someone who shares some of your views?
    I have no idea what his views on lizard people are. I've never heard anything he's said about them nor read it, so like I said, it would be pointless.

Even if I had, is anything I say or anyone on this thread going to make you change your views or opinions on the subject?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have no idea what his views on lizard people are. I've never heard anything he's said about them nor read it, so like I said, it would be pointless.

Even if I had, is anything I say or anyone on this thread going to make you change your views or opinions on the subject?

ah yes, because, despite to my knowledge us never having conversed, I must be a close minded sheeple uninterested in 'the truth'. Just been browsing the icke forums actually. Interesting. Loony, as in lots of out there theories with no evidence to back them up, but interesting.

By all means, if you really haven't read Icke's more unconventional theories take a look and let us know what you think. Perhaps after reading up on them you'll be better placed to decide if we are right in "mocking stuff we don't understand".
  • HotelierHotelier Posts: 13,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I could never work him out. I remember him on Wogan, and Terry asked him if it was true that he believed he was Jesus Christ, and David didn't deny it..lol.
    And when Karl Pilkington met him it was funny and interesting at the same time. I think |David came out with some good pomits. 2:35 onwards.
  • LysandarLysandar Posts: 1,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sad fact is there will always be a fertile constituency for nuts like Icke to exploit.
    If not Icke, they would be prey to any other nut.
    Good thing is, though, the Icke people are relatively harmless.
    They don't bite off the heads of babies...yet.
  • MikeJWMikeJW Posts: 3,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's easier to do so than open their eyes and find out stuff for themselves.
    Sure. I mean, it's amazing how many people swallow conspiracist lies whole, even when they're obviously garbage, never making the faintest effort to think for themselves, and all because they want to boost their egos by feeling smarter than the rest of us "sheeple".
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Icke always maintained that the media had misinterpreted what he said on Wogan with regards to the son of God comment, so don't know how true that is.
  • The PuzzlerThe Puzzler Posts: 7,689
    Forum Member
    deleted
  • The PuzzlerThe Puzzler Posts: 7,689
    Forum Member
    Icke always maintained that the media had misinterpreted what he said on Wogan with regards to the son of God comment, so don't know how true that is.

I think he meant that everyone was a son/daughter of God, so to speak.
    My opinion of him? He talks a lot of sense, more sense than our pathetic excuses for politicians. 2000 years ago, people thought Jesus was a nutjob as well, shouldn't we be learning from history instead of repeating the same mistakes?